I've read/searched through various forums regarding whether or not WLM ACTUALLY works with Bell's $30 Unlimited Data Plan. Some say it works when downloading of the BlackBerry's website (www.blackberry.com/livemessenger) and others are claiming no it doesn't work.

If anybody can just reply stating yes or no would be great. I know Telus works for sure so seeing Bell not support it (even when they were the only carrier that had the rights earlier...) is a bit of a surprise.

Thanks
    09-01-08 09:36 AM
    i would like to know as well...... everyone tells me its not included....
    09-01-08 09:38 PM
    I have been told that with the $30 unlimited email and browsing plan MSN messenger is not only not included but also not compatible.

EDIT: If it is compatible with that it would be a separate and additional $3 charge.
    Last edited by bdking2; 09-02-08 at 06:01 PM. Reason: additional info given
    09-02-08 05:59 PM
    Windows Live Messenger is not part of Unlimited Email/Web/IM plan. Yahoo and GTalk and BB Messenger works, without price warning, so I assume they are part of the plan.

Windows Live Messenger prompts you that it'll cost $3/month (extra) to use it. I declined to use it. So I can't verify if it works or not.
    09-13-08 11:33 AM
    I was more than happy to pay the 3 bux.....but I'm pissed that I can't seem to get this to work. Is there anything like trillian that we could use to connect to different I'm progs through one? I was just on the phone with tech and they said although it wasn't working but that they were not blocking any ports, so in theory another client should work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-08 07:54 PM
    I'm happy to report that with some help from an insider at one of the companies involved who sent me some appropriate service books, I was able to get this puppy working properly. I'm pertty happy and if i didn't think they'd find a way to **** me again I would call bell and tell them they're full of ****ing **** that it can't work on the unlimited data plan.
    09-16-08 08:11 AM
    Well no luck for me. And I tried accepting the $3 charge and downloading the version bell offers as well as downloading the more recent version off the blackberry site. I'd love to know what service books I need to add to get this to work.

09-18-08 04:19 PM
    The $3 charge is for normal cell phone users, nor smart phone users.

On the unlimited plan Messenger Live is not included in the service boosk.

I spent hours on the phone with support when i got my BB.

You need to subscribe to a limited data plan for live to work
    09-18-08 05:45 PM
    Subscribe to a limited data plan, download/install, and then revert back to the unlimited data package.
    09-19-08 09:45 PM
    I have it working on my BB. I have a North American plan on my phone. It works best in Canada as most places I go to in the US Bell doesn't have a data contract with the US provider.
    10-02-08 06:28 PM
    works just fine for me as well
    10-03-08 10:04 PM
    I have 4 blackberrys on my plan and they all have the unlimited data and email and my 13-year-old daughter is the only one that has WLM working on her phone! Go figure???
    10-06-08 10:44 PM
    I switched fom a limited plan to a unlimited plan and evr since wlm is not compatible, called Bell and that's what they told me. Sure wish i could get my hands on those service books *Edit just tried it again and it worked!
    Last edited by kidhertz; 10-21-08 at 01:10 PM.
    10-21-08 12:49 PM
    can you get the unlimted plan while on a share plan yet?
    10-22-08 08:52 PM
    can you get the unlimted plan while on a share plan yet?
    If you're referring to the currently offered Share plans, then yes.

If yo are referring to FamilyShare and AIO mate plans, then no.
    10-23-08 06:23 PM
    the WLM should now be available on the $30 plan...you may have to call in and ask the CSR to update u to the new unlim plan
    10-30-08 01:29 AM
    Really? You can have it on the unlimited plan?!

11-10-08 12:30 AM
    Hello i have moved from Telus to Bell boath with the BlackBerry 8130 i have the student plans on boath my BB with Bell and no there is no WLM for it and no calling bell dont make a diff they do not offer the WLM on unlm. data plans of any sort (so im told) but yes i now have it working on boath my BB with bell....its a PAIN to do were i wanted all my contacts and stuff from my telus BB i synced it and then synced my bell one lost alot of stuff from the BB such as browser and email setting after a few hours [playing with it i got it so i have all my bell app plus the service books from telus for WML, i just uploaded the Service books from telus to my other BB(my girlfriends) then restarted the BB and synced the certficates and it works fine all the Apps work and so dose the WML if you are intrested i will put the service books up on here with step by step instructions on how to get it all working fine.....let me know by post here or feel free to Pin me
    11-17-08 10:59 AM
    I just bought a storm from Bell with the $30 unlimited plan, and WLM will not work. Has anyone found a way to get this to work?
    12-14-08 02:40 PM
    It didn't work for my back in Sept when I first got my Curve. According to Sammy740, it should work now. But for me, I've purchased IM+, so in a long run, I save money!
    12-17-08 07:51 PM
    Any idea if IM+ works on the storm? Beejive wont have their storm version out till 'early 2009'
    12-17-08 10:39 PM
    I had a problem with my Storm when I bought it at a Bell kiosk in Montreal. My WLM wasn't working. I would get the error "not enabled for this handheld." I called up BELL to see what was up and they told me that it's a known issue and they have no idea when it will be resolved. Maybe a month or two...

oh well....Anyone else experience the same situation?

p.s. I have unlimited data plan...which includes WLM.
    you don't need to pay 3 bux for WLM with unlimited data.
    01-03-09 07:03 PM
    Seems like Bell blames any storm issue on RIM.
    US customers can use WLM on their storm with Verizon.... so it most likely is an issue with Bell.

Check out IM+. I used it for the 7 day free trial and it was pretty solid. Gonna wait till beejive comes out for the storm before I decide which one I'll but.
    01-03-09 08:04 PM
    Yeah i got the storm and i get the error msg not enabled on the handheld aswell.... its really pissing me off
    01-03-09 11:27 PM
    ya i got the same error when i tried to use WLM on my storm. I am also on the $30 unlimited data and when i called bell they put me through to tech support who told me that this is an 'open ticket' they are working on it with rim and they would let me know when it is fixed. when i asked how long it would take they said they didn't know but i shouldn't feel alone because i am not the only person having the issue.... anyone get any better info?
    01-12-09 05:51 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD