Hi Folks,

I had no success to download Live MSN for my Pearl at blackberry site via OTA.

My carrier is TIM Brasil, using BIS.

Anybody can download and install the Live MSN?
    06-17-07 01:17 PM
    i had seen that live msn cah be used on a bb. but i personally like IM+

you can buy it here
    Communication Software

or check out any other one thats avail in the store.
    06-17-07 09:14 PM
    JiveTalk is what you want!
    06-18-07 03:26 AM
    The JiveTalk is great, but i need a several copies of the MSN for my company sales force, and i can�t spend money to buy this.
    I have try the Yahoo Messenger too, but in my desktop PC i can see the Microsoft MSN contacts. In Blackberry Yahoo Messenger these contacts don�t appear.
    Tks for any information.
    06-25-07 09:31 AM
    I don't know why the contacts wouldn't show. Have you tried the GTalk app?

BlackBerry had also been working on an official MSN IM program, but I'm not sure if they ever got it working. Try going to http://www.blackberry.com/livemessenger (from PC) or http://www.blackberry.com/devicesoft...ry.do?code=msn (from mobile device).
    Last edited by kasperapd; 06-25-07 at 09:45 AM.
    06-25-07 09:42 AM
    Kasperapd,
    When i try to downlod in my PC, i had the follow message:

"Windows Live Messenger
    Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product. Please visit our mobile download site at using the browser on your BlackBerry� smartphone."

When i try to download in my Pearl i had this error:

"HTTP 500 error: Internal server error. bla bla bla..."

And in Gtalk, i had the same problem of the Yahoo Messenger.
    06-25-07 11:48 AM
    That's wierd, when I typed in the first link into my BB browser, it took me right to the download page.
    06-25-07 01:55 PM
    Kasperapd,

Really is very wierd. The first address i got the message: "Downloads via a USB connection are not enabled for this product". A try to download using a Proxy Server with europe and USA IP Address without sucess.

Can you make a download and put them in my ftp server?
    06-25-07 05:20 PM
    It downloads straight to the device. These have not been fully released by RIM yet, and this may be the problem.
    06-25-07 08:09 PM
    The link works for me, but it seems my service provider (T-Mobile) won't let me use it!
    06-25-07 09:05 PM
    Works fine with my carrier but doesn't work with my company's preferred carrier.
    06-25-07 10:52 PM
    Then the PC download does not work, and by device is limited by carrier (I have the HTTP 500 error). I will go to wait the final release for RIM. Somebody has idea of when this will be able to happen?
    Last edited by cleudys; 06-26-07 at 08:08 AM.
    06-26-07 08:04 AM
    This has unofficially been out for months. There's no telling when it will be officially available.
    06-26-07 08:32 AM
    Ok, thanks to all.
    06-26-07 11:21 AM
    I'm on AT&T Wireless (Orange SIM) and get the message "Notice Sorry your wireless Service Provider does not allow access to Windows Live Messenger for your device"

damn AT&T
    06-26-07 01:56 PM
    I got "Sorry your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Windows Live Messenger" when i went to the link via my BB Browser as kasperapd suggested. Its cool though!
    I was able to get Yahoo IM installed and I am happy! :dancing around:
    11-06-07 02:55 PM
    Smartphones supported: BlackBerry� 7130e, BlackBerry� 7250 and BlackBerry� 8703e from Bell Mobility, BlackBerry� 8800 from T-Mobile USA
    11-27-07 08:10 PM
    Too bad the curve is not supported, been waiting for a while for live messenger. I've been using berryvine messenger and it works great for me. Any of you guys that got live working on your bb, how does it compare to berryvine??
    Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-07 01:16 AM
    I began using windows live today on my blackberry storm. i first downloaded windows live on my PC and added all of my contacts including friends who use yahoo instant messenger. when i use windows live on my pc, i can see all of my contacts and they all show online and their applicable status message.

However, when I sign into windows live on my blackberry storm, i can't see all of my contacts, even those who i know are online.

I even added my yahoo instant messenger screen name to my windows live account. when i am on my pc, i can see that i am online. however, when i sign into windows live on my blackberry, i no longer appear online.

any solutions?
    01-24-10 10:18 PM
    The JiveTalk is great, but i need a several copies of the MSN for my company sales force, and i can�t spend money to buy this.
    I have try the Yahoo Messenger too, but in my desktop PC i can see the Microsoft MSN contacts. In Blackberry Yahoo Messenger these contacts don�t appear.
    Tks for any information.

Where u able to find a solution - you can see contacts when u are using Widows Live Messenger on PC. However, when you log into Windows Live Messenger for blackberry, many of the contacts don't show up or appear online?
    01-24-10 10:26 PM
    Ok I have found a solution for this problem installing . This is what I had to do . Go in your browser or have someone text this to you .
    Code:
    http[colon]//mobile[dot]microsoft[dot]com/live/en-us/default[dot]mspx?ocid=WLFM
    then open with your browser and bookmark the link so you can go back to it . You'll have all the Windows live apps in 1 spot . Data charges and rates may apply . I'm using wi-fi for mine so it doesn't apply to me . Keep in mind your still using a browser to access it but its a good way to be able to use it .

Also the browser I have installed on my Curve 8320 is the current version of Bolt 1.7 and find it quicker than the BB Browser . Hope this helps .

Sorry bout the [colon] replace with : and [dot] replace with . (I had to do it this way because I need to have 10 posts before I can use links and only have 8) Sorry
    02-24-10 12:13 AM
    I wonder if Palringo or Nimbuzz would work for this instead.
    02-24-10 07:25 AM
    i use wlm all the time no hassles

try this link

www.blackberry.com/windowslivemessenger in bb browser.

you can send link from here to device and download
    BlackBerry App World - BlackBerry App World

hope it helps
    02-24-10 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD