Hey guys

I got an email from hotmail saying there's this new windows live email app. But when I click on "download the app", it asks me to put my cell number in and they sent me an sms with the url. The url takes me to mobile.live.com on my browser which is jusy my hotmail inbox. does anyone know if there is an actual app we can d/l??

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 09:22 AM
    My Staples 'Easy Button' says "That was easy!".

Windows Live� on your BlackBerry Smartphone

Chris
    02-17-10 04:14 AM
    I don't want to have that inbox pushed to me, because I would get dozens of meaningless emails every day. But I would love to be able to check my hotmail from my Bold. The native browser never let's me login. I had opera set up to check that inbox, but now its gone screwy and I can't use it.

Why is it so hard?

02-17-10 05:56 AM
    You could always just set it up as a mail account on your Bold and use the Spam filtering within Hotmail to prevent all of the useless messages from even happening. Same thing would apply to the application.

Chris
    02-17-10 06:40 AM
    You could also install logicmail, a great app that let you add pop / imap mail's adress.
    This way, the mail from your hotmail account won't show up in the msg app but you'll be able to check them directly within the app without getting the notification.

LogicMail for BlackBerry
    02-17-10 04:51 PM
    I dl'd logicmail, but it won't let me set up an email account. Every time I try it tells me that it's incomplete. I'm sick of trying to find ways to check my hotmail account. Every thing I try wants me to input some information that I don't know or understand. The native browser won't open hotmail, and opera won't log into hotmail. And I don't want to add it to BIS and have it pushed cause I don't want to have to check 40 crap emails an hour.

Can someone tell me how to use logicmail?

02-18-10 05:37 AM
    Logicmail works perfectly with my hotmail account

Protocol: POP
    Incoming server:
    Server : pop3.live.com
    Check SSL
    Port : 995
    Username : [email protected]
    Password : your password
    i checked Use MDS proxy

You'll have also to create an identity (basically your name and the reply to adress), and a outgoing server if you want to send mail from your hotmail adress (Not required if you only want to receive mail)

Configuration page for Logicmail
    setup10 – LogicMail for BlackBerry

Please make sure you dl'd the maintenance branch
    This is stable and up-to-date code, and is basically the released version with additional bug fixes and minor features. All 1.1.x releases are tagged versions of this branch.
    and not the latest realease
    This is unstable bleeding-edge code, and may not always be functional
    Last edited by pierrot; 02-18-10 at 06:58 AM.
    02-18-10 06:52 AM
    set up gmail account forward all hotmail to new account and use filters/ labels/ spam bucket.
    02-18-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD