The youtube app on my storm is horrible the quality stinks. Do you think that there will be an update that will make it as good as the iphone or better?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 05:33 AM
    No............
    01-02-09 05:35 AM
    yeah the youtube app is worthless right now. garbage quality.

oh well.
    01-02-09 05:38 AM
    Something I'm sure many of us would like to see....

01-02-09 05:39 AM
    Keep complaining to Google. Maybe they'll work on it.
    01-02-09 07:37 AM
    I agree.................
    01-02-09 09:30 AM
    I actually like the GUI of the app. Nice browsing and searching. Plus it interfaces with your youtube account for saved favorites. Google just needs to feed us a higher bitrate video stream and not use the crappy 3gp feed.

I'd settle for a higher bitrate mp4 feed. Flash would be nice but so would a billion dollars instantly appearing in my bank account.
    01-02-09 10:02 AM
    Nope! The interesting thing about technology is that it is completely unable to improve. You only get one shot, and if you mess it up, then too bad. There's basically no way to ever, ever make it better.
    01-02-09 10:10 AM
    Nope! The interesting thing about technology is that it is completely unable to improve. You only get one shot, and if you mess it up, then too bad. There's basically no way to ever, ever make it better.
    ^^not true^^
    01-02-09 10:39 AM
    ^^not true^^
    <insert sarcasm>
    01-02-09 11:23 AM
    RIM has to make the application like they did for Facebook. I was told by my network provided here in Canada it's in the works however there is no time line as of yet. That said who knows if this is true.
    01-02-09 07:45 PM
    No! They have to spend all their time reworking Google Maps and getting GPS to work. And maybe they can squeeze in some real time turn by turn directions too.
    01-02-09 07:55 PM
    I hope it does. How is the quality of the videos on the iphone youtube application? I know that on my ipod touch the quality is wayyyyyy better than on the storm, though that is over WIFI.
    01-02-09 07:59 PM
    I agree because right now it sucks. But on the G1 the quality is close to the Iphones.

01-02-09 08:03 PM
    I'ma go on a limb here, and say that googles getting a lot more kickbacks on the iphone, and especially the g1, than they are on the storm.....lol

Put 2 and 2 together.

If they fix it, don't count on getting it anytime soon.
    01-02-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD