Or is it just some sort of technological boundary that's not worth the effort? Also, would this cure the memory leak issue?
    06-10-10 08:37 AM
    No, for the billionth time. I don't know why this is so important to people. I could care less where the apps go. In fact, I would PREFER them to stay off my memory card.

Theres really no 'fix' for a battery leak. The first trick would be a battery pull. If that doesn't work you gotta figure out what app is causing the leak. Then once you figure out, its up to you if you want to delete the app or not.
    06-10-10 09:09 AM
    No, for the billionth time.
    Not even close........only 900 posts.

I for one would love a external sd slot for apps and such.
    One would be able to keep private info private and a wipe caused by prying hands would not lose the info.
    Then I would not need my pocket pc anymore.

Hear that RIM?
    06-10-10 09:27 AM
    While running apps from the card would be nice, what I would really like is backup to the SD card.
    06-10-10 09:31 AM
    Wow! sorry for asking. My mistake for not looking at previous threads. Moderators, delete this thread if you like!
    06-10-10 10:14 AM
    The issue is RAM, that's the main technological hurdle here.

The second is how the whole BB world has evolved. The whole point of a BB is control and security from a BES server. If stuff were put on the SD card then it's no longer secure and out of the control of the BES admins.

Like it or not this is not technically a consumer end device, so we all have to live with a half implementation if you want to look at it that way. We can't unlock the full potential as we aren't a corporate entity with multiple users on our BES servers.
    06-10-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD