Just curious. Do you expect there will be a lack of app development for Storm 2? I would think app developers primary focus will be for iPhone and the Android OS. Thoughts?

Greg
    10-30-09 09:07 AM
    there are specifically blackberry app developers, and I dont think there will be a lack of development on this platform. THe storm got a pretty good amount of touch specific titles for it.
    10-30-09 09:53 AM
    Each platform has its own developers..sometimes you might get a Droid or iphone developer who might develop apps for the BB but in most cases thats not the case.

As for the lack of development...id be pretty surprised if developers didnt port or create new apps for the Storm2
    10-30-09 09:55 AM
    there are specifically blackberry app developers, and I dont think there will be a lack of development on this platform. THe storm got a pretty good amount of touch specific titles for it.
    True... but the Storm 1, despite its flaws, was a big seller. I would expect the Storm 2, despite its superiority to its predecessor, will sell less. In addition, it's arrival and usage have been lost in the noise create by the Droid.

Greg
    10-30-09 09:56 AM
    I feel like there has been a pretty dramatic slow down in new apps for the Storm lately. I am concerned that the open development model of Android will attract developers away. Especially those that do it more for fun than profit.

-Greg
    10-30-09 11:25 AM
    I think with the new capabilities of the s2 like the multipress we will hopefully see a lot more apps!
    10-30-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD