Exactly... you can do 2-person chats, you do have to sign up for most social services, and you don't need a Gmail address to get an invite.

IIRC, the iPhone app was ready at the onset of the beta; it just got approved yesterday.

I believe current trends point to the fact that BB will get apps third (if at all). I don't think Google is that shortsighted, but I think more and more people WILL be making device decisions based on networking options. The availability of mobile apps definitely helps iOS.

For now, I like G+ way more than I thought I would.
    07-20-11 12:51 PM
    Don't you need a Gmail account to be able to use Gtalk?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 12:55 PM
    You can do a 2-10 person Huddle, which is pretty nifty. The current Chat setup, as described by RM is cool.

I am hearing that there will be seamless integration with Talk and/or Disco app down the road.
    07-20-11 01:27 PM
    Don't forget Google+ is in Beta for now, i really don't think there will be an app until it comes out of beta.

I agree.
    08-04-11 06:39 AM
    Don't forget Google+ is in Beta for now, i really don't think there will be an app until it comes out of beta.
    This is Google we're talking about. I hope people realize that almost none of Google's products ever actually come out of beta.

(Of course Google has a unique definition of the term, not shared by anyone else.)
    08-04-11 07:42 AM
    This is Google we're talking about. I hope people realize that almost none of Google's products ever actually come out of beta.

(Of course Google has a unique definition of the term, not shared by anyone else.)
    True. Google is a bit free and loose with the term Beta. Their definition of beta is more "A continual work in progress".

I personally view Google services as being out of beta once the service is open to the public and no longer requires an invitation.

Gmail was officially Beta for 5 years.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 08-04-11 at 10:30 AM.
    08-04-11 10:25 AM
    I can live without google+

08-04-11 10:43 AM
    Not sure if this is new since google opened this up to everyone but google+ is great on the playbook in mobile mode. Scroll to the botom of the page, choose mobile rather than basic mobile or desktop, then click on the 'home' button and you'll get to the mobile home page. This is the link that mine shows, not sure if that is any good for everyone else

m.google.com/app/plus/mp/791/?force=1#~loop:view=menu

I had to remove https:// from the front of link as crackberry tells me I don't have enough posts to include links
    09-22-11 03:26 AM
    Google hasn't released any api's for Google+ yet so development could not possibly have started on it yet, I doubt it'll happen unless qnx hits BIG TIME and there's some crazy demand for it. Shame really the android app is amazing, group chats, picture sharing, delivered/read receipts and group video chatting. Anyway, until Google opens it up with api's there would be no way for rim to make anything

Last edited by katiepea; 09-22-11 at 05:08 AM.
    09-22-11 05:05 AM
    There's an Android and iOS app now.

I tried it. For like 3 minutes then deleted it. Twice...

No easy option to lock my account down like FB and Twitter? Don't deserve the time of day with me. Social Networks are to socialize, not broadcast my picture and name on the internet. Sorry, I just couldn't get over that. Also, going through line by liine to make trivial crap like "Places lived" and "education" private... Sorry, but no. I want a big button like Facebook where I can make the whole thing (Name and Picture Included - Friends/Circles only, and I want it off ALL search engines, not just "most" search engines ... I like how they were clever in what term they used there...).

Not to mention no one wants to use that, cause no one wants to use it (redundant and ironic, I know). It looks like nothing more than Windows Live, but worse since it doesn't aggregate from other Social Networks, with worse cloud services tied into their search engine, whilst forcing you to broadcast some personal stuff in your profile.

I'm disinterested, even as an Android phone owner.
    09-22-11 06:22 AM
    You're kidding right? Your posts only go to people you choose to share it with. That's the entire purpose of Google+. Its what all the media sites praise it for. Privacy. You make circles of friends and choose, with every post, who sees it. Guess you didn't really use it. Also the +1 button that's everywhere is equivalent to the Facebook "like" feature, identically
    09-22-11 06:45 AM
    Need an app for this PRONTO
    09-22-11 07:16 AM
    QUOTE=katiepea;6698321]You're kidding right? Your posts only go to people you choose to share it with. That's the entire purpose of Google+. Its what all the media sites praise it for. Privacy. You make circles of friends and choose, with every post, who sees it. Guess you didn't really use it. Also the +1 button that's everywhere is equivalent to the Facebook "like" feature, identically[/QUOTE]

Yea but as far as I know anybody can ad you to their circles and then you see their broadcasts? Could be wrong.

09-22-11 07:18 AM
    Yea but as far as I know anybody can ad you to their circles and then you see their broadcasts? Could be wrong.
    You only see theirs if you add them and put them in one of your circles. Additionally G+ gives you the ability to view the streams of people who added you so you can determine whether you wish to add them or block them. I've yet to actually block anybody as simply not adding them back essentially accomplishes the same thing.
    09-22-11 11:32 AM
    I don't use google plus, I tried it, now I don't use it, simply lost interest. An app wouldn't do much good for me either.

09-22-11 02:29 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD