My storm 2 is having issues, so Verizon is sending me a new phone. I have a few apps that I paid for, a theme, a couple of games, and a weather app. I really don't want to have to pay for it again. Is there any way to keep the app or transfer it to my new phone when it gets here?
    06-14-10 11:40 AM
    You should be able to log in and find them all again. I switched from a Bold to my Storm 2 and most of them were still there. The ones I lost were not touchscreen compatible. You should be ok. Should be... It is App World after all. Lol
    06-14-10 11:44 AM
    My storm 2 is having issues, so Verizon is sending me a new phone. I have a few apps that I paid for, a theme, a couple of games, and a weather app. I really don't want to have to pay for it again. Is there any way to keep the app or transfer it to my new phone when it gets here?
    You will need login and change your pin and most of your apps you will receive new activation codes for. Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours to get the new codes
    06-14-10 11:50 AM
    Yea, you should be fine when you login. Worst case, you might have to shoot the vendors an email.
    06-14-10 11:51 AM
    Some vendors won't give you new codes. Garmin (POS) for example, per their TOS state that the license is for life...the life of the phone. Phone dies, you re-buys. I think that's their motto.
    06-14-10 01:07 PM
    All mine transferred over when I had my S2 replaced. Just had to change the PIN and get new reg codes for a couple. They even stayed when I switched from my S1 to the S2.
    06-14-10 03:21 PM
    Some vendors won't give you new codes. Garmin (POS) for example, per their TOS state that the license is for life...the life of the phone. Phone dies, you re-buys. I think that's their motto.
    Garmin gave me a new install code when I went from the Storm 1 to the Storm 2. No questions asked.
    06-14-10 04:48 PM
    CrapWorld is the worst possible way to buy apps. I immediately deleted the POS from my phone.

Mobihand (and various reseller front ends, like Crackberry App Store) have much more responsive customer service. I've never waited more than a couple hours for new codes when changing PINs.
    06-14-10 07:36 PM
    no. Went to app world and re-downloaded all ok.
    06-16-10 09:15 AM
    CrapWorld is the worst possible way to buy apps. I immediately deleted the POS from my phone.

Mobihand (and various reseller front ends, like Crackberry App Store) have much more responsive customer service. I've never waited more than a couple hours for new codes when changing PINs.
    this couldnt be more true!!!! I lost 3 paid apps because the activation code ended up not being valid on my new device replacement. You need to hope the vendor responds cause if not, your SOL!

justthemap app screwed me bigtime with 2 NYC subway map apps that I paid for!! ughhhhhh
    06-16-10 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD