Hey all!

Im new to this forum and to my BB too so I thought Id just say hi and ask a few questions... dont shout if I ask something covered in another thread :-s

Ive been looking at loads of threads on this forum for the last week or so and cant find any definitive answers about Hotmail Plus.

Ive had my free Hotmail account for almost 9 years now and it set up fine on my BB but theres a pretty hefty delay on receiving email. If I send an email from my BB using the HM account it sends pretty much instantaneously. I created a GMail account to test if it was an O2 issue but the emails from the GMail account are sent to my BB straight away... the easy solution would be to simply use the GMail account as a primary but I have too much linked to the Hotmail email to warrant changing it. My Hotmail account wont allow forwarding to the GMail one and I dont want to use an email forward app to forward them, so;

Would purchasing Hotmail PLUS speed up the receiving of emails or would it stay exactly the same?

Blackberry Curve 8310
    Network: UK 02
    03-31-08 01:45 PM
    Hotmail to your device should be virtually instant...

Try removing it, and re-adding it. Do a battery pull in between...

Also, GMail is so much better...
    03-31-08 02:00 PM
    Cheers for the advice, i'll give it a go
    04-01-08 08:52 AM
    Its not there is always a lag. It polls for messages

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 05:38 PM
    After trying what Navi said a couple of times its now down to roughly 10 mins from the time an email lands in my account inbox to the time it's received on my BB which I can deal with, it'd be nice to get it instantly like with GMail but nevermind, ive not had to pay for Hotmail PLUS which is a bonus.
    04-02-08 09:10 AM
    I got the Curve 8530. Switched from the 8330. Now my hotmail takes 10-15 minutes on average to receive while my gmail is within seconds. On my old curve the hotmail was instant. Any advice?
    04-18-10 08:01 AM
    take a look here
    04-18-10 08:08 AM
    Menu Setup folder Email Settings Highlight the email account u want Menu Button Edit Advance Options Tab Change Protocol Then Accept. Now your Berry is synced with your Hotmail account. Hope this helped!

04-18-10 10:45 AM
    I do not see a change protocol tab. Please explain? Thanks.
    04-18-10 11:39 AM
    he's saying to go into your email settings on the phone and highlight the hotmail address and hit the menu button and go into edit scroll down from there to advanced options and click in there you should see the change protocol button click that and accept and you should get a new registration email and after a bit your mail will resync and push should be damn near instant.
    04-18-10 11:54 AM
    I can get to the advanced options but from there I do not see a change protocol button. The only things I can change is the email server (which is currently set at pop3.live.com), and the "use ssl" option which is currently checked. Please advise? Thanks.
    04-18-10 12:03 PM
    Oh I jus noticed u have a curve 8310 I don't think its running the 5.0 update cuz I am and that's how I setup mine therefore this solution may not be applicable for you but sorry for my inconvenience :/

04-18-10 12:10 PM
    I am using the new curve 8530
    04-18-10 12:12 PM
    what OS version are you running?
    04-18-10 12:53 PM
    If you're logged in to your MSN desktop client on the same hotmail account, the MSN client will intercept mails before it gets pushed to your device.

Set it to busy/away or go offline and it should be pushed instantly.

If that's not the problem, then maybe other forum members can advise you. My gmail and hotmail pushes instantly... :\
    04-18-10 12:55 PM
    its in options>about
    3rd line down
    need the first set of numbers (ie v5.0.0.586 is what im running on my 9700)
    04-18-10 12:55 PM
    I just figured it out. I was able to create a user name and then set up a BIS account accessible from the web. From the BIS web site I was able to change the Hotmail protocol. Now I get my hotmail messages in an instant. Thanks for the help!!!
    04-18-10 12:56 PM
    lol np glad it worked out.
    04-18-10 12:59 PM
    Haha np glad I could help. And also when u open ur email on ur berry it will also be marked as read on the desktop version so u won't have to worry about have hundreds of msgs on ur hotmail

Last edited by luqman24; 04-18-10 at 01:49 PM.
    04-18-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD