Can anyone tell me if there is an wikipedia app for bb that works really well? Thanks in advance for any help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 09:54 PM
    I don't know of any direct launch one but

Intellilaunch has a function - when entering a string, entering "w Paris" would launch the browser, open Wiki and do a search for Paris.
    11-26-09 11:46 PM
    There is no direct Wikipedia app, but there is one made by Getjar. It installs a Wikipedia icon on your phone and essentially reroutes you to Wikipedia. It beats having to type in your browser. Here's a download link: Wikipedia Mobile for BlackBerry 9630 Tour / Free Download

You should visit this link and download using your phone's browser.
    11-26-09 11:58 PM
    I don't know about all the devices, but on my 9000 I have a choice in the BB browser to search using Google, Live Search, Wikipedia or Dictionary.com.
    11-27-09 12:12 AM
    Thank all of u guys for your help! And lak611 you're right! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I forgot all about that. Lol! Silly me......Well, thank you guys once again!

11-27-09 05:44 AM
    Thank all of u guys for your help! And lak611 you're right! Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I forgot all about that. Lol! Silly me......Well, thank you guys once again!

You're welcome. I find that easier than installing apps, plus it doesn't take up any memory.
    11-27-09 11:03 PM
    If you have QuickLaunch, you can also add "Wikipedia search" from the Add items --> Applications screen. When you click the menu item, it pops up a one-line text entry box.
    11-28-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD