Is there a WiFi Speed Test App for BlackBerry? Most of the sites that test for your WiFi download & upload speeds are Flash based. I was able to download an app for my iPod Touch that works great.
    I was wondering if someone has come across an app that does the same for BlackBerry, or perhaps a site that can do it without Flash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 12:42 PM
    I've pulled 180kb/s off my crappy router on the slow a** school apartment internet.
    01-14-11 07:18 PM
    You can use DSLReports mobile website but you're going to have to do it from Opera Mini or Bolt. You won't get accurate speedtest results with the regular browser because all that data goes through RIM (which causes untrue results)

dslreports.com/mspeed [link]
    01-14-11 08:42 PM
    Try this, it is an OTA
    http://www.xtremelabs.com/assets/mob.../speedtest.jad
    01-14-11 08:47 PM
    That link is dead
    01-14-11 09:01 PM
    OTA Links for Blackberry - @BBtweeps

5 link down is SpeedTest v0.1.100
    motoroid7 likes this.
    01-22-11 03:28 PM
    OTA Links for Blackberry - @BBtweeps

5 link down is SpeedTest v0.1.100
    Doesn't fully work on 9650/6.0.0.415. Tests download then stops. Doesn't continue with upload or even finish. continues to say "Testing download..."
    01-22-11 04:25 PM
    Only app that I know of that currently works on OS 6 right now is Fixmo Tools 2.0 beta. Within that app there is an app for "speed tests".

They currently have beta trials going on in this forum. Check out there thread and see if it's something you'd be interested in!

Fixmo Tools is an AWESOME application and adds a lot of missing functionality to the BlackBerry Platform!

But that's all I'm going to say because I don't wanna "hi-jack" your thread lol. Check out their post for more info!

01-22-11 09:57 PM
    Doesn't fully work on 9650/6.0.0.415. Tests download then stops. Doesn't continue with upload or even finish. continues to say "Testing download..."

Does the same for me as well.
    If I turn off cell signal & use only WiFi, download will work, upload will begin to work but stalls at about 17%.

01-22-11 11:06 PM
    Only app that I know of that currently works on OS 6 right now is Fixmo Tools 2.0 beta. Within that app there is an app for "speed tests".

They currently have beta trials going on in this forum. Check out there thread and see if it's something you'd be interested in!

Fixmo Tools is an AWESOME application and adds a lot of missing functionality to the BlackBerry Platform!

But that's all I'm going to say because I don't wanna "hi-jack" your thread lol. Check out their post for more info!

Downloaded Fixmo Tools. It has every feature that's advertised except for Speed Test. Perhaps they do not offer the Speed Test part of the app for OS 6.0.

01-22-11 11:08 PM
    Oh sorry to hear it don't work.. Thought it would i used it on my 9700 with all OS6 leaks apart from .424 and it worked fine and now with 9780 on .359 and works.. so thought it would be fine on all OS6.
    01-23-11 11:30 AM
    You can use DSLReports mobile website but you're going to have to do it from Opera Mini or Bolt.
    Wouldn't work through Bolt, I got the same screen about Blackberry browsers - of course I'm running OS4.5 on a Curve... Haven't tried Opera yet.
    02-03-11 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD