downloaded the app, but cant seem to get it to work. The description and screenshots in app world say that I have to enable it, and then I will be able to add wifi networks to my "white list". But, once downloaded, the app is nowhere to be found so not only can I not enable the app, I cannot add networks to my list. Anyone familiar with this app?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 12:55 PM
    downloaded the app, but cant seem to get it to work. The description and screenshots in app world say that I have to enable it, and then I will be able to add wifi networks to my "white list". But, once downloaded, the app is nowhere to be found so not only can I not enable the app, I cannot add networks to my list. Anyone familiar with this app?

Go to Options - Third Party Apps... You'll find it there. Select it - Enable - Click the BB key - select add Current Location and thats it. Once you're in that location your Wifi will turm on automatically and also shut off when you leave. It uses your cell location so moving to different parts of your house for instance might pick up another cell location ID so you'd need to add them too so it stays on no matter where you are in your home.. or office or whatever.

Peace.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 05-09-12 at 01:27 PM.
    05-09-12 01:24 PM
    Go to:

Options -> Third Part Applications -> Wi-Fi Manager

then you can enable the app if it isn't already

Once enabled you have to add the locations that you want it to turn on your wifi.

So let's say you are home and have wifi, press the BB key and click "Add Current Location" in which you can label that specific location whatever you please

Now it will automatically turn your wi-fi on when you are in that location and turn it off once you leave

FYI, the program uses cell tower location so if you run up town or something and are still in the same cell tower area, the program will not turn your wifi off.
    05-09-12 01:26 PM
    Thanks everyone. Followed the instructions. Still doesnt seem to work but i will have to wait until I leave the area to test it out. That walk to rite aid didnt do the trick lol

05-09-12 03:00 PM
    FYI, the program uses cell tower location so if you run up town or something and are still in the same cell tower area, the program will not turn your wifi off.
    Been using this for a while, though clearly somewhat confused by how it's supposed to actually work.

Does it make no attempt to do any tower-triangulation? Are there apps that do do that? (I'm not even entirely clear if the API captures the information necessary to do that.)

No GPS on my 8520, so something a little more precise would be very handy.

Incidentally, I too found that the location data was completely lost after (minor, just build number) OS upgrade, that otherwise seemed to restore everything perfectly.
    06-27-13 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD