Are we ever going to get a regular VOIP Skype app for the 9700 and other models?

Starting to get tempted to look around!!
    05-18-10 08:45 AM
    VZ phones have it.
    05-18-10 09:03 AM
    Skype on iPhone is better, most of the apps are but keep in mind that battery life suffers terribly on the iPhone and other devices when compared to blackberry. If apps are more important than battery life and stability...by all means, look around.
    05-18-10 09:07 AM
    Yeah I can't imagine it being great on the battery. VZW phones have Skype for now, but I'm sure we'll see it on other carrier's phones in the future.

Personally, I have cheap unlimited domestic min w/ T-Mo, so I don't have much use for Skype (don't call out of country either) but I know tons of people use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 09:12 AM
    It's not great on battery but I call both out of country and back to Australia when I'm overseas (free!!) and that would be very useful and save big money.
    05-18-10 02:40 PM
    doesn't skype via verizon use normal calling minutes? (but not charged since it's "skype?") That's what I thought it was. Or at least that's what I read via CB.
    05-18-10 04:04 PM
    doesn't skype via verizon use normal calling minutes? (but not charged since it's "skype?") That's what I thought it was. Or at least that's what I read via CB.
    Regrettably, VZW is reported to bill skype calls as regular minutes.

Skype to charge for 3G calls; wait, what? | ZDNet
    06-01-10 06:37 AM
    You can make Skype calls on the iPhone now over 3G as well, but eventually
    AT&T is going to start charging for it too. It even said so in the Skype update
    for the iPhone app a few days ago.
    06-01-10 12:38 PM
    Yea I had the iphone for a few months it was great even though I'm not to interested in touch screens it was cool but the battery life is horrible. I love my blackberry because I can have apps that I want running 24/7 and my battery stil lasts a full day I don't have to charge it until sometime in the morning the next day. And I talk and text a lot and browse the net. I love this phone lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 12:52 PM
    You can make Skype calls on the iPhone now over 3G as well, but eventually
    AT&T is going to start charging for it too. It even said so in the Skype update
    for the iPhone app a few days ago.
    I downloaded skype on my iphone just to see what it was all about, never had any intention of using it, but when i tried to make a call on it about a week ago and it said that i had to be connected to WI-FI and couldnt connect to ATT 3g because of legality reasons...

Can you now make calls on ATT 3g network with skype?
    06-01-10 02:32 PM
    I downloaded skype on my iphone just to see what it was all about, never had any intention of using it, but when i tried to make a call on it about a week ago and it said that i had to be connected to WI-FI and couldnt connect to ATT 3g because of legality reasons...

Can you now make calls on ATT 3g network with skype?
    Yes. There was an update on Saturday. Allows calls over 3G for free. At
    least until August. The update should appear for you in the app store.
    06-01-10 02:54 PM
    Yes. There was an update on Saturday. Allows calls over 3G for free. At
    least until August. The update should appear for you in the app store.
    Right on, maybe i will give it another shot.. I did the upgrade yesterday but had no idea what the upgrade did for the app.. thx
    06-01-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD