Ive been hearing a lot about widgets. what exactly is a widget?
    11-12-09 09:22 PM
    11-12-09 09:50 PM
    Seriously?
    11-12-09 10:03 PM
    A widget is a mini-application that usually displays on the home screen of a device and/or web page. Consider it a simplified version of an actual application. It can be used to display news headlines, or even myspace friend status updates. I'm not too sure exactly how it works on a BlackBerry as I don't have one yet, but on my G1, that's how it works.
    11-12-09 10:07 PM
    Seriously?
    its not really that hard to find info anymore.
    11-12-09 10:18 PM
    Thank you iAMtimmah. And to hondateg91 I guess next time I will google it to aviod jacka$$es like you. Sorry I offended you with what I thought was a reasonable question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 10:37 PM
    I think it's kinda like RIM's Web Signals... I always considered them widgets..
    11-12-09 11:52 PM
    I thought the point of these forums was to be able to ask questions and get information from people who know the answer. If its to much of a headache for some to help a fellow CBer out, maybe you shouldn't respond at all.
    11-13-09 08:27 AM
    I thought the point of these forums was to be able to ask questions and get information from people who know the answer. If its to much of a headache for some to help a fellow CBer out, maybe you shouldn't respond at all.
    I agree.
    11-13-09 10:35 AM
    I think people who are mac owners are more familiar with the term and what they mean. If you push and hold the blackberry menu you see all the apps that are running, right? so imagine that instead of that you have a virtual clock or a calculator or a small weather app or a stock market update app and these pop up in front of the home screen...those would be widgets. Kinda clear?
    11-13-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD