This may exist but i haven't found anything! So my co-worker today (iphone user) asked to see my S2 today...sure why not!! While she was scrolling through and double tapping the screen all i could do was laugh but anyway lets move on! I started to wonder if she looked through my contacts, texts etc. she could then learn who at work i talked to off duty and although i dont care, the workplace is a rumormill to say the least. What if there was an app that added additional security to the device in the form of, ok you can look at my apps, calander, media etc...but if you try to access texts, contacts, e-mail icons and folders..an additional password would be needed? What does everyone think? I'm sure plenty of folks would purchase such an app just to be able to show off there berries and not have to worry about personal stuff getting out there!!
    02-24-10 08:06 PM
    Triton,

Like the idea. Also, are you from the East Coast originally (I see the Steelers logo as your avatar, but seriously guy, using the term "Wicked"? I haven't heard that since the 80s, and Pittsburgh is definitely not New England! lol!)

Just giving you some good natured shinola.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    02-24-10 08:16 PM
    I like it as well. Sort of a tiered security for diff areas of your BBs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 08:21 PM
    Very good idea actually someone hop on this. (that's a pretty original concept)

02-24-10 08:25 PM
    Is there a place that app ideas can be submitted. This one would be cool, I have a lot of ideas buzzing around in my head

02-24-10 08:26 PM
    Triton,

Like the idea. Also, are you from the East Coast originally (I see the Steelers logo as your avatar, but seriously guy, using the term "Wicked"? I haven't heard that since the 80s, and Pittsburgh is definitely not New England! lol!)

Just giving you some good natured shinola.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    I'm from West Virginia originally but the Air Force has kept me in Tx since 02. When i went to submit "good app" or "Great app" a lot of different things popped up so i made it original i guess with a throwback lol. I wish i had the knowledge and expertise to build such an app...or any app for that matter!! But there are plenty of talented folks in here i hope to see it someday! I'm just not that skilled to do such a thing!!
    02-24-10 09:02 PM
    3rd Party App ideas for discussion/brainstorming.

02-24-10 09:04 PM
    BTW anyone who wants to jump on this build PM me if you want ideas of what i would suggest or like to see within it!!
    02-24-10 09:05 PM
    Do you mean something like AppLock?
    02-24-10 09:55 PM
    I was going to suggest applock too. It sounds exactly like what you are looking for.
    02-24-10 11:30 PM
    nope u guys thinking of blackbook type app right? hide contacts and their info. i have seen a couple around.
    BlackBook and mblVault Privacy Bundle - Two Hundred Copies to Give Away! | CrackBerry.com
    02-25-10 12:12 AM
    Which is exactly why i posted in here! Awesome, i'll check it out! Anyone using any of these and suggest one over the other?
    02-25-10 05:12 AM
    Apps Lock allows you to lock specific folders and apps.
    02-25-10 05:58 AM
    I have the BlackBook App and love it! You have to tweek some settings in your Firewall to make it work correctly. It definitely keeps my "friends" messages private. It hides certain emails, texts & allows you to put a "fake" name for certain contacts. No icon on the phone for the app just press certain keys to bring it up.

Triton54, we're in for a long year with our Steelers if Ben can't get his act straight.
    04-15-10 03:25 PM
    This may exist but i haven't found anything! So my co-worker today (iphone user) asked to see my S2 today...sure why not!! While she was scrolling through and double tapping the screen all i could do was laugh but anyway lets move on! I started to wonder if she looked through my contacts, texts etc. she could then learn who at work i talked to off duty and although i dont care, the workplace is a rumormill to say the least. What if there was an app that added additional security to the device in the form of, ok you can look at my apps, calander, media etc...but if you try to access texts, contacts, e-mail icons and folders..an additional password would be needed? What does everyone think? I'm sure plenty of folks would purchase such an app just to be able to show off there berries and not have to worry about personal stuff getting out there!!
    PatternLock. You have to get the paid version.

04-15-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD