Just a quick question here...why use QuickPull to simulate a battery pull when I can just do "Alt>Shift>Delete" and have it reset that way? Is QuickPull better?

Thanks!
    07-16-09 06:37 PM
    QuickPull is the same as a battery pull but you don't physically pull the battery. The ALT>Shift>Del method doesn't necessarily "reboot" the entire system. It kills the running applications (some of them).
    07-16-09 06:39 PM
    Are there issues with it that would affect my device?
    07-16-09 06:43 PM
    I concur with Monkey. Quickpull works great. Set it for a time that you won't be using the BB. I haven't had to do a batterypull or the ALT>Shift>Del method for over 6 months.
    07-16-09 06:43 PM
    But what exactly does QuickPull do? ...besides simulate a battery pull. Thanks!
    07-16-09 06:45 PM
    Here's RIM's official line on BP's.

Differences between hard, soft, and master resets

Quickpull is like a BP with out removing power to your BB. A double alt + rt shft + del is like a hard reset.
    07-16-09 06:45 PM
    Ahhh, thank you for the correction wnm...I had it completely back a$$wards.
    07-16-09 06:50 PM
    Does QuickPull speed up the BlackBerry? I thought it just simulated a battery pull...
    07-16-09 07:29 PM
    It will clear some cache so yes, tech. it will. But for the most part, it's a simple fix to a lot of problems in a mobile OS.
    07-16-09 07:30 PM
    Are there any problems with the app or would you reccomend it? Thanks!
    07-16-09 07:31 PM
    Okay, I downloaded QuickPull...anyone who has the app already can you please share your advice with scheduling resets, etc. thanks!
    07-16-09 07:34 PM
    You schedule it to when you want it to restart, Like when your sleeping.
    07-16-09 07:44 PM
    But what does it do? How is resetting the berry good for the device? Also, is clearing the event log by doing Alt lglg on the homescreen good for my berry? Does the device need to be on when a quickpull is scheduled? I usually have it off overnight. Thanks!
    07-16-09 07:45 PM
    All your questions are answered with the following: Yes, if you need more info read up on the product.
    07-16-09 07:47 PM
    "Yes" is not helpful, and forums are for discussing things, which is why I love this site. Thanks.
    07-16-09 07:49 PM
    Then by all means "discuss".
    07-16-09 07:59 PM
    Okay, well if someone could answer my questions I would appreciate it. First of all, who recommends using QuickPull daily? Second, using Alt lglg to clear the event log --- good or bad idea?

Thanks!
    07-16-09 08:01 PM
    Quickpull is a great way to free up memory in between battery pulls. Nothing replaces the battery pull in my opinion, especially when your device is acting buggy. I do a battery pull anytime I install a 3rd party application or theme also...
    07-16-09 08:02 PM
    Thank you. I just did a reset with QuickPull, all looks good so far. I am not going to schedule it to reset because I really don't need it to do that on a daily basis. Also, <Alt lglg> which clears the event log --- good to clear or just leave it alone?

One more thing --- there aren't any problems with QuickPull that will screw up my berry, right?

Thanks again!
    07-16-09 08:04 PM
    **Also, it isn't bad for my Curve if I set QuickPull to reset everyday? I set it to run at 6am, but I was hesitant to doing it because it seems like it isn't a good thing to keep resetting my device daily. I am probably wrong...lol
    Last edited by BerrySky; 07-16-09 at 08:29 PM.
    07-16-09 08:27 PM
    It's a good program...very safe. I don't see how it would hurt anything doing it every day, but I only run quickpull when I feel my berry needs it.

As for event logs, clearing them will save some space (maybe 100-200kb or so). There is also an option to "hide" logs, but I'm not sure if that prevents them from being displayed while using the same space or if it prevents them from being logged altogether.
    07-16-09 08:34 PM
    It's a good program...very safe. I don't see how it would hurt anything doing it every day, but I only run quickpull when I feel my berry needs it.

As for event logs, clearing them will save some space (maybe 100-200kb or so). There is also an option to "hide" logs, but I'm not sure if that prevents them from being displayed while using the same space or if it prevents them from being logged altogether.
    That's what I will do actually. There is really no need to run QP daily. Thanks!
    07-16-09 08:35 PM

It will still log reguardless, you're just hiding it, that's all...
    07-16-09 08:35 PM
    Good choice berrysky

And thanks for the info SD. How you been?
    07-16-09 08:37 PM
    I am worried now...I looked at my "File Free" and the number went down...from 42130544 to 42130468. Why did it go down?
    07-16-09 08:37 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD