Here is an interesting article I found today

Andy Kessler: Why AT&T Killed Google Voice - WSJ.com
    08-21-09 09:20 AM
    GOOD STUFF! Very intriguing indeed. I need to actually start using my google voice account though.
    08-21-09 10:41 AM
    I guess I never thought of it like that, and it's very true. Good article!
    08-21-09 04:12 PM
    Well I will say the author of that article clearly does not understand google voice.

Google Voice is not a VOIP system. It still uses your minutes to make phone calls. The only thing it really does is move SMS over to data and even then people with smart phone have been able to get around that for years by shoves SMS over to email.

Either way the guy who wrote it should do more research and see google voice still uses your minutes when you are talking.
    08-21-09 06:45 PM
    Well I will say the author of that article clearly does not understand google voice.

Google Voice is not a VOIP system. It still uses your minutes to make phone calls. The only thing it really does is move SMS over to data and even then people with smart phone have been able to get around that for years by shoves SMS over to email.

Either way the guy who wrote it should do more research and see google voice still uses your minutes when you are talking.
    Well, it is VoIP, but you have to dial into it from your phone. Since you dial to it instead of using it thru your browser...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD