Lately I decided to download quickpull after holding off as long as possible: I love it. Today I downloaded opera mini and MAN is there a difference in browsing! Its amazing how fast the browser is. It also does not lag up my phone! Opera and quickpull have solved my two main functionality issues. I highly recommend opera mini browser! Any way, why exactly is it faster? Because less people use it?
    07-02-09 12:37 AM
    I have the opposite experience and do not like Opera Mini. Slow, hangs up , deleted it last week.
    07-02-09 01:01 AM
    I would like to try Opera Mini. Where can you get it?
    07-02-09 01:04 AM
    Opera sends you a compressed copy of the website, after processing the full content on their servers. They do all the heavy lifting so your phone doesn't have to.
    07-02-09 01:05 AM
    I would like to try Opera Mini. Where can you get it?
    mini.opera.com from your BB browser!

after installing goto: opera settings and deselect auto-complete address input. This will solve several problem with usage. Then get use to touch, not clicking links and such.
    Last edited by catbertz; 07-02-09 at 01:15 AM.
    07-02-09 01:10 AM
    Thank you very much Catbertz!
    07-02-09 01:12 AM
    EDIT: *This will solve several problem with usage.*
    07-02-09 01:15 AM
    The only nuisance with Opera is some photos look grainy or when there are a lot of images only so many will load before you just get pixelated boxes.

While Opera doesn't use surepress or is specifically designed for the Storm. Unquestionably better than the BB and probably upcoming 5.0 browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 01:18 AM
    The only nuisance with Opera is some photos look grainy or when there are a lot of images only so many will load before you just get pixelated boxes.

While Opera doesn't use surepress or is specifically designed for the Storm. Unquestionably better than the BB and probably upcoming 5.0 browser

Did you try adjusting image settings?
    07-02-09 01:23 AM
    or when there are a lot of images only so many will load before you just get pixelated boxes.

That's my only real complaint about this current non-storm version. *IDK if that problem exists generally with Opera mini, or just on the storm*
    07-02-09 01:35 AM
    A storm specific opera version would destroy the native browser. I love opera mini

07-02-09 03:35 AM
    I like OM, Bolt, and even the default. The touch screen thing with OM sets me back since after using the Storm with push screen, throws you for a loop. The only problem I have with OM or Bolt is the asking your permission do get connection. I wish it would just go right to the page I requested. Maybe there's a way, if so please post.

And yea, if you go to settings and put the picture quality up then it's great but will slow down some. OM and Bolt seem to open more pages than the default. Every Storm owner should try both.
    07-02-09 05:03 AM
    I've personally not had any luck with Opera Mini- I am wondering if I am just too deft to figure out how to use it properly. Initially, I liked the way it looked and it certainly is fast. But everytime I go to put in a web address I have to "unhide" the keyboard- maybe I am missing something.

But, like the OP, I just added Quick Pull and Opera Mini and I too have seen a difference in my Storm's performance. Who knew!
    07-02-09 05:40 AM
    I would re-download it if it was storm (touch) friendly, but until then I am sticking with the BB browser...
    07-02-09 06:08 AM
    I've personally not had any luck with Opera Mini- I am wondering if I am just too deft to figure out how to use it properly. Initially, I liked the way it looked and it certainly is fast. But everytime I go to put in a web address I have to "unhide" the keyboard- maybe I am missing something.

But, like the OP, I just added Quick Pull and Opera Mini and I too have seen a difference in my Storm's performance. Who knew!
    That is the biggest complaint, from what I have heard, that you have to manually show the keyboard. Unfortunately, there is no quick fix other than clicking the BB button.
    07-02-09 06:28 AM
    That is the biggest complaint, from what I have heard, that you have to manually show the keyboard. Unfortunately, there is no quick fix other than clicking the BB button.
    Please check out Catbertz info, this will allow the keyboard to automatically display when entering a URL.

"after installing goto: opera settings and deselect auto-complete address input. This will solve several problem with usage. Then get use to touch, not clicking links and such."
    07-02-09 07:05 AM
    The application icon looks like crap though, they could have sharpened that image up just a little don't ya think?
    07-02-09 08:32 AM
    Browser is PAINFULLY slow. Opera is much faster

07-02-09 08:52 AM
    can't you assign the keyboard to a convenience key? I know this was possible previously but not sure if it works well when using a 3rd party browser....
    07-02-09 09:50 AM
    I can't seem to dowload the program. The website keeps putting me in a loop with no download link.
    07-02-09 10:15 AM
    can't you assign the keyboard to a convenience key? I know this was possible previously but not sure if it works well when using a 3rd party browser....
    Biggest problem is people don't want to listen. In this thread solution has been posted more than once. Instead of reading people keep complaining.
    As it was suggested already. Uncheck autocomplete address will fix that problem
    07-02-09 10:16 AM
    The only problem I have with OM or Bolt is the asking your permission do get connection. I wish it would just go right to the page I requested. Maybe there's a way, if so please post.
    But everytime I go to put in a web address I have to "unhide" the keyboard- maybe I am missing something.
    If you enable your firewall (options>security options>firewall), and then load OM, you can check to never see the connection permission message again.

Like others have said, unchecking the auto-complete box in OM options will fix your keyboard issue. Instead of the text boxes being inline, it will open up a new screen (similar to the SMS screen) that will have the keyboard present. Whenever you're done typing just double-tap the BB button to enter the text.

Not sure if people are aware of this, but if you go into the screen to type an address and then delete "www.", you can type the address you want, e.g. ESPN, and enter it without typing in ".com". I'm not sure if deleting "www." is faster than typing ".com" but I just thought I'd let people know.
    07-02-09 10:28 AM
    wow shows how much we listen.....that does fix the keyboard problem. So the only real problem is photos im guessing? well either way i will take this over our browser. Our browser simply SUCKS! And I cant mention it another time, If you don't have opera and quickpull installed, you are missing out on an oportunity to make your phone work to its fullest capabilities.
    07-02-09 10:28 AM
    wow shows how much we listen.....that does fix the keyboard problem. So the only real problem is photos im guessing? well either way i will take this over our browser. Our browser simply SUCKS! And I cant mention it another time, If you don't have opera and quickpull installed, you are missing out on an oportunity to make your phone work to its fullest capabilities.
    For pictures, you can just change it in settings to render it high, medium or low quality, the default is on low.
    07-02-09 10:40 AM
    What is your picture quality setting on? I keep mine on low and I have only experienced the pixelated boxes a few times (and that was on data-intensive full html pages with probably over 100 pictures). Do you have mobile view checked or not? I keep mobile view off, because it still renders made-for-mobile pages as mobile, and keeps a non-mobile page's layout intact. I am not sure if rendering a non-mobile page in the mobile view has something to do with your pixelation problem, but it might be worth a shot to test out unchecking mobile view in OM options.

If you already have mobile view unchecked, then it could have something to do with your picture quality settings. The higher the quality, the more data and the more memory being used. The larger the page, with more data, and with more pictures to use, the more likely something will go wrong in the process between the page's server to OM's server to your phone.

Lastly, have you seen a difference in pixelation between socket and http?
    07-02-09 10:50 AM
125 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD