I know that you can copy an individual contact to the SIM card by choosing "copy to SIM phonebook" from the address book application.

So we know that the BB has the capability to "write" on a SIM card. Is it possible to create an app that will allow a user to copy all of his/her contacts at once?

If so, why hasn't someone developed one? I sell AT&T mobile devices and I am confident the app would be an easy sale. Someone could make some money on this!

Possible? It seems a little too good to be true - like a no-brainer. If not, I hope that someone strikes it rich, and that I'll be first to know when it's ready! [email protected].

Bryan
    04-20-09 11:24 PM
    I was just thinking about this the other day, I havnt seen anything around but it would def be something that I am sure a lot of people would want.
    04-21-09 09:45 AM
    I just changed phones, not knowing that I needed to do this with my contacts. The ATT store was able to copy everything from my old device's memory, but I'd like to copy them all at once for next time. I'd pay a little for an app like this.
    04-22-09 12:56 PM
    Assuming that you don't specifically need your contacts on the sim, Smrtguard can backup and restore contacts OTA.
    04-22-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD