1) From what I can tell you request a free license, enter your registration key and you're done. I haven't messed with it enough to be sure, but it doesn't seem to be timed and I'm not sure what the benefits are of a commercial license.

2)In-app translate!
    Attachment 23959
    Just select some text and select "Translate with Nivita" in the menu in 1st party apps.

3)You don't have to leave the app for the translation!
    Attachment 23960
    Translation is done within the popup.

4)As you can see, it has it's own copy and save to memo! You don't have to do it yourself.

5)Auto is an option for language type, so that it detects what language you are translating on it's own without specifying!

The main negative is that the language selection is smaller than that of BBTran. Maybe with some pushing the developer could beef this up.

Oh and I got it from appworld.
    05-06-09 11:24 PM
    Have you come across any negatives yet?
    05-07-09 06:59 AM
    Looks promising, but Storm support is poor (and not official) so I can't really comment. The number of supported languages is a bit weak, but it seems much more advanced (and useful!) than BBTran.
    05-07-09 07:49 AM
    Just downloaded this app, works great for translating and definitely needs more language support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 09:46 AM
    If it has Spanish and English I'd be happy. Not planning on visiting Iran real soon.
    05-07-09 10:15 AM
    Yeah it has Spanish and English
    05-07-09 11:13 AM
    worth a look-see, I still love my BBtran though.
    05-07-09 03:32 PM
    link for download?
    05-07-09 11:01 PM
    Navita BB Translator - The Free BlackBerry Mobile Translator

Developer told me adding more languages is top priority.
    05-07-09 11:13 PM
    adding more languages would be pretty sweet. I'm going to England in two weeks and I need a translator!
    05-07-09 11:28 PM
    This is great, I already told my supervisor that he's a "jacka**" in italian. Support for other languages like Japanese, Mandarin, Hungarian or Czech

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 11:35 PM
    How is it in comparison to BBTran?
    05-12-09 02:48 PM
    The way it works is a lot better imo, since you don't have to actually switch apps.

The negative is the amount of languages supported, which supposedly is being expanded. It's free though, so worth trying out.
    05-12-09 02:49 PM
    The way it works is a lot better imo, since you don't have to actually switch apps.

The negative is the amount of languages supported, which supposedly is being expanded. It's free though, so worth trying out.

Thanks will give it a try haven't used BBtran yet but was looking for translator.
    05-12-09 03:05 PM
    BBtran also does In-app translations. I just downloaded and tried it, well, not too different than BBtran other than in the GUI. Will keep both for a while to decide later. The copy and memo functions are unique here.
    05-12-09 03:20 PM
    Just tried it, me gusta neat and easy to use. Dominican Republic here i come. mami ven aqui'
    05-12-09 03:30 PM
    Will this work if I wanted to compose a text in English...translate it to Spanish then send it ??
    05-29-09 01:20 PM
    Will this work if I wanted to compose a text in English...translate it to Spanish then send it ??
    Yup.
    -Highlight the text
    -Translate with Navita in the menu
    -You don't even have to specify the source as english, just leave it at "Auto" and set To: Spanish
    -Translate, then click the "Copy" button
    05-29-09 01:36 PM
    How long will it remain free?
    05-29-09 05:00 PM
    BB is going through a BES so have selected BES-MDS but getting "500 Internal server error" when trying to validate the license key. Any ideas, does this go through the BES MDS intergration service?
    06-12-09 10:19 AM
    adding more languages would be pretty sweet. I'm going to England in two weeks and I need a translator!
    LOL!!! i know microsoft have US English and UK English, but i'm sure you'll be fine.
    06-12-09 06:03 PM
    it would be nice if it had a decent choice in languages... bbtran owns it for now
    06-12-09 06:23 PM
    LOL!!! i know microsoft have US English and UK English, but i'm sure you'll be fine.
    I don't know, there could be fun if an American mentions a "fanny pack" in the UK or a Londoner asks a New Yorker if he wants to smoke a cigarette in his native tongue. And God help you if you want to go to Scotland!
    06-12-09 06:47 PM
    I have a translator for BB that does that language pair - essentially the translation are the same words, except it adds in parentheses (stupid bloody Americans) at the end of each sentence
    06-12-09 07:20 PM
    I don't know, there could be fun if an American mentions a "fanny pack" in the UK or a Londoner asks a New Yorker if he wants to smoke a cigarette in his native tongue. And God help you if you want to go to Scotland!
    yeah... my grandfather is irish. it's crazy sometimes. i was living in margate in kent for a year... i went to boston for a few red sox games... i really felt like a smoke so i asked a construction worker for a smoke... what i should have said was "do you have a smoke for me please?" instead mixing my south african and british lingo together said "sorry mate, could i bum a f@g?" needless to say the guy wanted to eff me up. LOL... thought i would share that mindless story with you guys
    06-12-09 07:36 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD