110 ... 345
tools
    Free Alarm App:

http://lhurtado.vtrbandaancha.net/

(desktop link)

just don't set an MP3 as the alarm, permission issue

price is right tho!
    12-16-08 10:13 AM
    I understand where you're coming from. I've only had my first Blackberry, the Curve from Verizon for a few months, and it is rather disappointing being nickled and dimed for everything. Many parts of the everything are just simple features that the phone lacks, which are things you pointed out.

I understand it takes time to write programs, but I would much rather donate for a very useful program that is free, than pay for a program. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the mindset of most application developers for the berry. So for the poster saying that free isn't an incentive for programmers; check out how much has been donated to Wikipedia, and any other free service/program.

As far as the poster who mentions that free means weak apps, that is just an ignorant thing to say. There are so many free applications for all sorts of devices that are the best available.

I must say I too am with the OP on this one. $30 just to use the phone a month, the expensive phone itself, and all the other charges, just adds up when you have to purchase programs for the simplest things. Perhaps with all these new devices, RIM will start integrating or creating more programs for free, or maybe a new wave of developers will come in to help the community rather than just develop something to make a buck.
    Thats Verizon, not the phone! i pay 66 dollars a month for my AT&T curve, unlimited internet...i can get as many emails as i want and surf the net as much as i want and my bill will be the same every month.

Verizon is a rip off, they have good service, but man, they will rape you!
    12-16-08 10:42 AM
    Just because you have a thought process to calculate a tip, does not mean everyone else does. I'm an engineer and I easily do it in my head; but I have plenty of friends who are horrible with math, and a tip calculator is what they use. It's far from "dumbing" the phone down by placing such a program on the phone.
    I didn't bother reading all of this thread, but the argument on the tip calculator is hilarious. This one stood out.

Somebody that can't do basic math should not have graduated high school. It isn't dumbing the phone down with the addition of a tip calculator, it's dumbing the operator down even further than they already are. If you can't add 15-20% onto a bill with any sort of resemblance of accuracy, don't you think you should be in school instead of out to eat? Why do you have to give a certain PERCENT tip anyway? Tip what you feel the service was worth. Then if you feel like it, go back and see what type of tip you left.

As for free apps...sure, more free apps would be nice, but from what I have seen, most of the free apps for the other phones out (aside from the G1...shop savvy rocks), the free apps are boring and uninventive. I don't tend to download many apps, but the ones I have noticed myself wanting, they are not free...the free apps just haven't appealed to me.
    12-16-08 11:39 AM
    I didn't bother reading all of this thread, but the argument on the tip calculator is hilarious. This one stood out.

Somebody that can't do basic math should not have graduated high school. It isn't dumbing the phone down with the addition of a tip calculator, it's dumbing the operator down even further than they already are. If you can't add 15-20% onto a bill with any sort of resemblance of accuracy, don't you think you should be in school instead of out to eat?
    Dammit you beat me to posting. If they can't calculate 15% without a machine to help, they're too thick to own a Blackberry. Can't calculate 10% or 20%... to dumb to own any phone.
    12-16-08 05:01 PM
    Dammit you beat me to posting. If they can't calculate 15% without a machine to help, they're too thick to own a Blackberry. Can't calculate 10% or 20%... to dumb to own any phone.
    I usually Give 18% Gratuity.

I can't mentally calculate 18% of a 286 dollar meal.

Nor can I mentally calculate 15% or 20% of a 286 Dollar meal.

Heck, 15%/18%/20% is hard to calculate for a 28 Dollar Meal!

And Guess what! I'm far from dense.

Apparently, This must be a widespread issue, if Tip Calculators are so Widespread.

So I MUST not be the ONLY Dense one around.
    12-16-08 05:22 PM
    Your phone already has a calculator on it though...which essentially is a tip calculator. Dude, take 286 dollar bill and times it by .18. It's that easy. If there are more people in the party splitting the bill then divide previously calcuated amount by number of people splitting the bill. Why by another calculator to do that?
    12-16-08 05:45 PM

You need to grow up!! I cannot believe that you would say something like that..Not all people are as smart as you two(so you think) This thread needs to be stopped this is BS this is going no place besides making some peoples heads grow....lol...Ok..Sorry all its just getting stupid is all......
    12-16-08 06:31 PM
    Agreed. This thread needs to be deleted. I didn't mean to be mean with my comment. I'm by no means smart. I couldn't add 27 and 99 without a calcuator, but I just don't see a need to purchase a tip calcuator when the phone already comes with a calculator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 08:01 PM
    Everyone should move to countries where tipping isn't expected.

Australia, for example...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 08:45 PM
    OK, enough of this. I asked you to play nice once before.

Thread closed.
    Last edited by Pete6; 12-17-08 at 03:32 AM.
    12-17-08 03:28 AM
110 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD