So I created a gmail account last night, dloaded Google Sync and backed up all my cantact information (not calendar). Afterwards, all my contacts had disappeared so I started the sync process. When it had all finished, I went into my contacts and noticed that all my contact (164 total) had all multiplied by at least 10 times. So my question is why? Anyone else have this problem? If so what did you do to solve this problem. I just deleted Google Sync, because I was fed up with it. I'm just going to have to use DM to restore everything back to normal. Any insight in this would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 12:20 PM
    I've never had this problem, but I believe there have been posts on it. Did you try searching gmail duplicates or something like that?
    12-04-09 12:26 PM
    Yea I've tried a few searches, also with google. And almost all was about calendar problems. No real useful information. Maybe it will work better once I get a Droid?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 12:33 PM
    I had Google sync issues. My contacts doubled not 10x. That only happened once, however I could never get the calendar to sync. I realized the conflict google sync had was when I synced with Outlook. Since I need outlook more than google sync I quit using it.

=X=
    12-04-09 12:45 PM
    thats odd, never had that issue. i use it pretty often and thats unique.
    12-04-09 12:53 PM
    I had this issue when my contacts were a mess.....I cleaned up when I started using Google Sync and have not had an issue since on any OS since .75 I think it happened from having multiple entries for the same contact (one with an email, the other with a different email, or a phone number etc.)

Calendar occasionally messes up.....if the default gets Changed on the Storm some how or some times other issues (very rarely). If it messes up I just log out of Google Synce, Wipe my calendar (calendar>menu>options>show keyboard>type "wipe") then sign back in and it's all fixed with no duplicates.
    12-04-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD