Just wondering why all the apps I would really like to use is for the Iphone? I see way more people using blackberry's over the iphone. If this topic has been discussed, then please forgive me. I just thought more tech savy people could help me out on this.
    01-25-10 09:41 AM
    My guess is that it's easier to develop apps for the iphone? And since they have limited versions (3), apps are more standardized.
    01-25-10 09:47 AM
    What kind of apps are your referring to?
    01-25-10 09:51 AM
    Probably zippo, iFart, and "Ow my Balls!".....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 09:58 AM
    I have yet to come across an essential app that my iPhone wielding friends have that I cannot get, or an equivalent at least.
    01-25-10 10:13 AM
    Some of my most used apps aren't on the iPhone: Google Voice, DriveSafe.ly, to name two.

It all depends on what you want to do with your smartphone. Do you want to play games? Do you want to browse the web? Media? Then maybe the iPhone is better for you.

Do you want to quickly communicate with others? Have multiple e-mail addresses to check? Want to run multiple apps at the same time? Want to customize the look of your smartphone? THen a good choice would be BlackBerry.
    01-25-10 10:13 AM
    I have yet to come across an essential app that my iPhone wielding friends have that I cannot get, or an equivalent at least.
    Totally agree, I look through the 100,000 apps and 99% of it is crapware that I'd never use. Only thing I'm jealous of the iPhone are the list of games, but I prefer gaming on a DS or PSP. Gyroscopic controls are really inaccurate.
    01-25-10 10:22 AM
    Totally agree, I look through the 100,000 apps and 99% of it is crapware that I'd never use. Only thing I'm jealous of the iPhone are the list of games, but I prefer gaming on a DS or PSP. Gyroscopic controls are really inaccurate.
    And games where the buttons are on the screen annoy me because then your thumbs just get in the way of the screen and you have no idea what you are doing.
    01-25-10 10:42 AM
    I wish we also got street view on google maps like they do.... =[

01-25-10 10:48 AM
    I wish we also got street view on google maps like they do.... =[

I am using Google Maps 3.2.0 on my 8900 and I have Street View. It is a little slow at times with the EDGE network but it works.

I am using a 5.0 OS, I don't know if that matters or not.
    01-25-10 10:53 AM
    well..the apps are to entertain you, how many decent bb games can you name?? 5?? 10?? well the iphone has a whole bunch. And whatever bb has, iphone has also or similar.

I surf the web alot so iphone it is.
    01-25-10 10:58 AM
    LOL. thats too funny. Sorry

Probably zippo, iFart, and "Ow my Balls!".....

01-25-10 11:02 AM
    well..the apps are to entertain you, how many decent bb games can you name?? 5?? 10?? well the iphone has a whole bunch. And whatever bb has, iphone has also or similar.

I surf the web alot so iphone it is.
    Well that's the main difference between BB and iphone right there. One is designed for messaging and the other casual gaming/web surfing.
    01-25-10 11:13 AM
    As a developer for BB apps, one single phone with one screen resolution, one set of APIs and one set of capabilities would be sooooo much easier. For a BB, you either need to build several specialized appsfor each major set of capabilities (touch vs non-touch screen, WiFi vs no-WiFi are two major ones). Or you build one that tries to handle scaling for each screen resolution and build workarounds for touch vs non-touch.

-frank
    01-25-10 12:15 PM
    A true voip apps (free over wifi) would be nice for blackberry
    01-25-10 12:35 PM
    As a developer for BB apps, one single phone with one screen resolution, one set of APIs and one set of capabilities would be sooooo much easier. For a BB, you either need to build several specialized appsfor each major set of capabilities (touch vs non-touch screen, WiFi vs no-WiFi are two major ones). Or you build one that tries to handle scaling for each screen resolution and build workarounds for touch vs non-touch.

Totally agree. Developing for the BB can be such a pain sometimes. Touch/non touch, different screen resolutions, not to mention the amount of OSs to support.
    01-25-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD