I love SocialScope but I've found myself ditching it because of the Push features of Facebook for BlackBerry & Twitter for BlackBerry apps developed by RIM. From what I'm aware, RIM allowed app devs to use its BIS push sdk so things like notifications can be pushed within the apps without needing RIM to develop the app.

Does anyone know if SocialScope will use push by default or atleast offer it as an option?
    Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 12:40 AM
    I ditched it for the same reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 06:48 AM
    I can be corrected if I am wrong, but I believe to have an application that operates with PUSH capabilities, there is a fee from RIM of approximately $2,000.00/year. (someone can chime in and let me know if this is correct).

Despite the many users, SS is still in a private beta phase that offers great services & features with no incoming revenue such as annoying adds. They also use their own servers which obviously require maintence and upgrades whenever new adopters come aboard that are not being paid for by the users. So unless you want it to become a high single payment or recurring subscription service to cover the cost of such a request as PUSH services, you may want to re-think that position. However, I would like to see PUSH services in the future myself.

My only gripe is that they do not upgrade all users at the same time, leaving so many obsolete versions on people's devices for no apparent reason.
    04-25-11 08:32 AM
    To be honest, I think I'd be willing to pay a yearly fee is they incorporate PUSH. $20 per year or less is doable.
    04-25-11 11:03 AM
    So, SocialScope is now focusing on creating the app for Android. Another 2 years before anyone sees a stable release? Also, this picture proves that they finally have an office.
    Last edited by Varadigm; 11-28-11 at 07:42 PM.
    11-28-11 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD