Yea I gave up on .141 and downgraded to .132.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 05:43 PM
    Agree with you 110%. It gives me a friggin headache

I've also read in the .141 finding thread, that replacing the files has bricked a lot of Storms. I'm just not in the mood for that.
    Thanks, guys. Guess I'll stay with .132.

I agree that it doesn't make sense to hybrid an OS just so one app will work. I've done virtually every leak without a single problem. Have never done a hybrid. I know many folks have had success with hybrids...just not something I want to do. No problem with leaks...no interest in mixing files....if that was the answer....RIM would do it.

Guess if this happens on another leak...or on 5.0, Cheetah won't have any choice but to fix it, will he? Or, maybe this is a great opportunity for someone way smarter than I to come up with an app called "QuickMenu" that works.
    04-30-09 05:45 PM
    Replacing the 3 java files lyricidal posted fixed the flickering problem for me. I did the full .141 install from .132.... then copied the three files from .132 and pasted them over the .141 files... shrank the java and added 5.0... worked perfectly.
    04-30-09 06:02 PM
    Replacing the 3 java files lyricidal posted fixed the flickering problem for me. I did the full .141 install from .132.... then copied the three files from .132 and pasted them over the .141 files... shrank the java and added 5.0... worked perfectly.
    What if the three files that, apparently, have changed in .141 aren't a bug as Cheetah says? What if they continue that way in subsequent 4.7 versions or in 5.0? You're going to hybrid every future OS? I think not.

Maybe this is just an isolated problem in .141 that won't replicate in the future. But, Cheetah has a lot of loyal followers of this app who paid money for it. Money wisely spent in my opinion. I don't think it is right for him to say nothing but it "is a bug in .141...I don't have .141...and I'm not going to spend time fixing it." Explain why it is a bug that is inherent in .141 and won't be repeated. Explain why it won't show up in 5.0. If that is the case, I agree with him that he shouldn't worry about fixing it solely for .141. But, so far, as far as I know, there hasn't been any explanation why his program doesn't work.

At this point, without him specifically addressing the issue, I think he's letting down people who have spent money and supported him. I understand he's busy developing 2.0. Without an explanation why the current version died in .141, why should I or anyone pay for the upgrade to 2.0 (and, yes, there will be a slight fee to upgrade...he's said so.)?
    04-30-09 06:13 PM
    Thank for you confirming I'm not crazy lol
    After reading so many people not having the same luck I had, I thought it was a fluke ROM flash or something
    04-30-09 06:14 PM
    What if the three files that, apparently, have changed in .141 aren't a bug as Cheetah says? What if they continue that way in subsequent 4.7 versions or in 5.0? You're going to hybrid every future OS? I think not.

Maybe this is just an isolated problem in .141 that won't replicate in the future. But, Cheetah has a lot of loyal followers of this app who paid money for it. Money wisely spent in my opinion. I don't think it is right for him to say nothing but it "is a bug in .141...I don't have .141...and I'm not going to spend time fixing it." Explain why it is a bug that is inherent in .141 and won't be repeated. Explain why it won't show up in 5.0. If that is the case, I agree with him that he shouldn't worry about fixing it solely for .141. But, so far, as far as I know, there hasn't been any explanation why his program doesn't work.

At this point, without him specifically addressing the issue, I think he's letting down people who have spent money and supported him. I understand he's busy developing 2.0. Without an explanation why the current version died in .141, why should I or anyone pay for the upgrade to 2.0 (and, yes, there will be a slight fee to upgrade...he's said so.)?
    I agree, he should have dropped what he was doing and started on a fix for this issue. 2.0 can wait another day. It was known the moment the OS leaked and brought up on CB and I'm sure he got tons of emails about it. Charging us for the upgrade wouldn't be right either. I would rather see the price for the app increase and free upgrade for existing users. I can't imagine people wouldn't spend a couple bucks more for this, after all, it's the one most useful app out there. People pay 10bucks for stupid games...
    04-30-09 06:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/fo...hybrid-217789/

keep your eyes on that thread, that guy is working on a ql fix in the hybrid build..he fixed the unlock and youtube problem in his 141 hybrid...and it was slimmed down so it ran fast and batt life.app mem were great....just an idea for u guys
    04-30-09 06:56 PM
    I'm not sure he should have dropped what he is doing and fixed it for .141. How could I know that when he, apparently, doesn't know what's wrong? If he doesn't have .141 and hasn't analyzed the problem, how does he know it is a bug in .141? If he doesn't have .141, I'm to assume he has higher versions or full 5.0 versions he's already tested? I think not.

Since by all accounts, other than the lock issue, .141 is a solid OS....it is a stretch for us to just accept it is a bug in .141 and not a bug in his app that won't continue to repeat itself.

He needs to specifically address this issue. I'm not making any other assumptions or accusations. Simply, the response to date is totally insufficient.
    04-30-09 06:57 PM

keep your eyes on that thread, that guy is working on a ql fix in the hybrid build..he fixed the unlock and youtube problem in his 141 hybrid...and it was slimmed down so it ran fast and batt life.app mem were great....just an idea for u guys
    I appreciate that someone will find a work-around. I should not have to completely gimmick-up my OS just so one specific app will work. Just not the way it should be.
    04-30-09 06:59 PM
    Ya know. Giving this a minute's worth of thought instead of 30 seconds....Cheetah needs a patch for .141. Now. His app is great. I love it and I support it. But, it is something that RIM should incorporate in every OS. If they do that, he's completely SOL.

He needs to address this issue and fix it. Now. Money talks and B.S. walks.
    04-30-09 07:34 PM
    I'm not sure he should have dropped what he is doing and fixed it for .141. How could I know that when he, apparently, doesn't know what's wrong? If he doesn't have .141 and hasn't analyzed the problem, how does he know it is a bug in .141? If he doesn't have .141, I'm to assume he has higher versions or full 5.0 versions he's already tested? I think not.

Since by all accounts, other than the lock issue, .141 is a solid OS....it is a stretch for us to just accept it is a bug in .141 and not a bug in his app that won't continue to repeat itself.

He needs to specifically address this issue. I'm not making any other assumptions or accusations. Simply, the response to date is totally insufficient.
    .141 is available since last night everywhere on CB, don't see why he couldn't download it and tested it out like everyone else and then respond and start working on it. If you hear, and I'm sure emails started pooring into his mailbox last night by the hundreds, that there is a problem with your program, wouldn't you wanna check it out and see what the deal is just out of couriosity?
    04-30-09 08:00 PM
    Thank for you confirming I'm not crazy lol
    After reading so many people not having the same luck I had, I thought it was a fluke ROM flash or something
    Tired to fix on install, and with the crack utility fix nothing worked. I have downgraded to .132

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by polar135; 05-01-09 at 07:24 AM.
    04-30-09 08:08 PM
    I agree, he should have dropped what he was doing and started on a fix for this issue. 2.0 can wait another day. It was known the moment the OS leaked and brought up on CB and I'm sure he got tons of emails about it. Charging us for the upgrade wouldn't be right either. I would rather see the price for the app increase and free upgrade for existing users. I can't imagine people wouldn't spend a couple bucks more for this, after all, it's the one most useful app out there. People pay 10bucks for stupid games...

hmmmm..you can't imagine why people wouldn't spend a couple bucks more for this..but you don't want to pay an upgrade fee..

You really should look into a career in politics..
    04-30-09 08:10 PM
    hmmmm..you can't imagine why people wouldn't spend a couple bucks more for this..but you don't want to pay an upgrade fee..

You really should look into a career in politics..
    We already paid for the application and I don't think we should have to pay twice especially if we would be required to upgrade because of the version we purchased being fubar. How would you react if RIM would charge you for installing an updated version of their software or Microsoft every time there is an update to windows? Everyone would be up the three screaming and I don't remember reading anything when I purchased QL that future updates are subject to additional fees. This might have influenced my decision to buy it. Another thing is we still don't know how much the fee is going to be. $0.50? $12.00? Could be anything. Why the mystery? Lots of people have asked and cheetah has effectively avoided to answer.
    Sorry to sound like an a**, but I had a very bad day today...
    04-30-09 08:40 PM
    I did the Lyricidal Shrink-A-OS to try to fix the flickering QL, After 2 bat pulls, the menu no longer flickers, and is useable. The border around the menu flickers however, and is still annoying
    04-30-09 09:04 PM
    We already paid for the application and I don't think we should have to pay twice especially if we would be required to upgrade because of the version we purchased being fubar. How would you react if RIM would charge you for installing an updated version of their software or Microsoft every time there is an update to windows? Everyone would be up the three screaming and I don't remember reading anything when I purchased QL that future updates are subject to additional fees. This might have influenced my decision to buy it. Another thing is we still don't know how much the fee is going to be. $0.50? $12.00? Could be anything. Why the mystery? Lots of people have asked and cheetah has effectively avoided to answer.
    Sorry to sound like an a**, but I had a very bad day today...

You're examples are bad..so When Microsoft releases Windows 7 or when you went to XP from 2k, 98, me etc..did you expect them to be free?

Buy "any" product on CB and there is a disclaimer stating that incremental upgrades are free, but major upgrades may have a small fee i.e 1.x to 2.x. Ignorance is no excuse for the law neither is it on CB.

As for pricing..why not just take torches and pitchforks to his home..Beta testing just started today on 2.0..Who knows what "NEW" features are going to be installed (I said new..not improved..big difference)....between crying on a .141 fix..pricing..begging to be a beta tester...I would of flipped everyone the bird and enjoyed my spring..btw I'm not sure you if you realized that he downloaded .141 a couple of hours ago and working on a patch.
    04-30-09 09:18 PM

Shouldn't have to use a stinking hybrid, shouldn't have to hybrid anything. Cheetah will take care of this. I am sure.
    04-30-09 09:52 PM
    lyricidal, there is a lethal combo between shrinking the os and those three cod files.
    Bricked twice. Went back with the 141 version and all is back to as it was, flashing quicklaunch and all, I believe one of the flickr help files is involved...

the lock file from 132, (net_rim_bb_ribbon_app.cod) is fine, fwiw
    04-30-09 10:32 PM
    You're examples are bad..so When Microsoft releases Windows 7 or when you went to XP from 2k, 98, me etc..did you expect them to be free?

Buy "any" product on CB and there is a disclaimer stating that incremental upgrades are free, but major upgrades may have a small fee i.e 1.x to 2.x. Ignorance is no excuse for the law neither is it on CB.

As for pricing..why not just take torches and pitchforks to his home..Beta testing just started today on 2.0..Who knows what "NEW" features are going to be installed (I said new..not improved..big difference)....between crying on a .141 fix..pricing..begging to be a beta tester...I would of flipped everyone the bird and enjoyed my spring..btw I'm not sure you if you realized that he downloaded .141 a couple of hours ago and working on a patch.
    Wrong, I was talking about updates within the OS not to a new OS. What cheetah is doing is updating the current version, not writing a new product. Like Microsoft adding NEW features to IE, Office, etc. all the time. Pretty much the same as cheetah is doing.
    second, I purchased my version from Mobihand and there is nothing in the disclaimer whatsoever nor is there any mentioning on Nikkisofts website. If there is, maybe you could point it out because I don't see it. But that is really not my point. I'm just really upset that we as the customers and users are forced to make a choice between a new OS official or not and a program that is supposed to work on our phones regardless of OS version. We shouldn't have to "chase" the developer for a fix, it should come automaticly and in a timely manner and comments like "I won't be addressing this soon" or "I'm not sure I want to devote a lot of time to counteracting the bugs " is not what I want to hear from the company that is supposed to support the product I paid for.
    Yes, I am aware that he dowloaded 141... what does that mean? It tells us... he downloaded 141... still no word on a fix or that he actually tries to come up with a solution besides "There is a 141 hybrid fix for this out there somewhere "
    04-30-09 10:46 PM
    He needs to address this asap. Isn't there an alternative app. I saw. Also, Iv'e never paid for an upgrade.
    04-30-09 11:10 PM
    I love and miss my QL No doubt. Maybe enough to down grade to 132, I don't blame him for not fixing it for 141. I mean after all how long ago was it we all went to 132?

I'm sure in a week some thing else will leak, That IS what I am worried about. I don't see how 141 will be any diff then the other future operating systems. If it's not fixed for .141 I hope it will be for the next os, If not I and I'm sure many others will be highly ticked off.
    05-01-09 01:18 AM
    Why fix QL 1.4 (or even waste time trying to find a work around) when 2.0 is right around the corner. Plus .141 is not an Official release, so for him to really concern himself with fixing something for a "LEAKED OS" that will probably become old news in about 2 weeks if not sooner would be a waste of his time. Im sure QL 2.0 will be awesome and can not wait for it to hit the App Store/Upgrade!
    05-01-09 01:49 AM
    He needs to address this asap. Isn't there an alternative app. I saw. Also, Iv'e never paid for an upgrade.
    Cheetah has always said minor revisions to an existing version would be free but upgrades to new versions would involve a nominal upgrade fee. That will happen for 2.0.
    05-01-09 05:12 AM
    Why fix QL 1.4 (or even waste time trying to find a work around) when 2.0 is right around the corner. Plus .141 is not an Official release, so for him to really concern himself with fixing something for a "LEAKED OS" that will probably become old news in about 2 weeks if not sooner would be a waste of his time. Im sure QL 2.0 will be awesome and can not wait for it to hit the App Store/Upgrade!

Umm, i'd say most of this community survives solely off "LEAKED OS's" Also, if i'm reading correctly, QL2.0 won't have a bug fix to this flickering problem either. Most apps i use are catered to "LEAKED OS's"
    Besides, do you know when OS 5.0 is coming out? Seems to me like a workaround is the only option here unless people are willing to downgrade.
    05-01-09 09:35 PM
    me tooooo. can't live without ql. makes it so much easier to get to things quicker.
    05-01-09 09:43 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD