All other smart phones (with the exception of Palm, because I don't know whether they do or not) have a music store to download DRM free, high quality MP3s that can be off-loaded to a PC; Android has Amazon and the iPhone has iTunes. Why does BlackBerry only have Thumbplay which you have to pay $10 a month for? I want someone to come out with an Amazon MP3 store app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 08:50 PM
    Remember blackberry was aimed to be for business travelers not for personal use therefore their apps were aimed that direction. Their is many 3rd party apps for music.

This is true, but there's so many consumers / teens with BlackBerries that I'm shocked no ones come out with a pay-per music store.

01-27-10 09:00 PM
    There is no real reason for blackberry to come out with a music store. Since most of RIMs clients are business it's utterly not worth the hassel of maintaining contracts with record companies. Besides, this sort of thing is typically done via carrier except Apple had iTunes, if that's why you're bringing this up. Sprint and VZW you buy from the carrier. Now, that being said BB desktop manager will sync with iTunes.
    01-27-10 09:02 PM
    I may have been unclear, I didn't mean for RIM to come out with a music store. I'm wondering why no 3rd party developers (Amazon namely) hasn't thought it a good idea to write a music store app. Being able to buy songs on to go, especially with Shazam, is one of the biggest things I miss from my iPhone.

01-27-10 09:06 PM
    There's an app/store called 7digital. It works great and you can download over the cell network or wifi. You can also purchase songs through their website. They're all high quality (256kbps, mostly 320kbps) mp3's.

Check it out at us.7digital.com
    01-27-10 09:08 PM
    There's an app/store called 7digital. It works great and you can download over the cell network or wifi. You can also purchase songs through their website. They're all high quality (256kbps, mostly 320kbps) mp3's.

Check it out at us.7digital.com
    Ooo thanks . I'll give it an install and see how it works out. Will report back after some use.

01-27-10 09:11 PM
    Bb community wins again! >_<

01-27-10 09:29 PM
    BB's have a Shazam App, but I know the iPhone has like 3 or something so I have no idea how they compare.

01-27-10 11:24 PM
    7digital?? Helloooo?

01-28-10 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD