Sorry; I'm sure this has been covered somewhere. I searched for memory leak and didn't find anything specific about what to do.

Verizon Storm
    PRD-19502-002
    Model: RBW71CW
    Leaked .75 OS

I deleted VzNav and Visual Voice mail and after a battery pull, I have about 46MB of app. memory. After less than a day of use, it will drop down to 30-38 MB. It still works fine, but that seems like a big drop for no reason at all. I've checked the running programs by going to switch application and nothing other than the standard 5 programs are running. Is this an OS problem? Something with the leaked version that has been fixed in the official release?

Other issue is that I can't seem to figure out how to file an email message. There is no file option when I bring up the menu. I haven't read the manual yet, so maybe I'll find something on that there.

Otherwise, the screen clicks pretty well in most places. Only the lower left corner is a bit off. I'm watching to see if the replacements start showing up with the issue fixed before I call Verizon about it.
    12-06-08 12:11 PM
    Common issue with Blackberries. The OS takes some memory to "work with" so it drop a bit. If it never stops and keeps dropping slowly, it's referred to as a memory leak.
    12-06-08 12:15 PM
    Common issue with Blackberries. The OS takes some memory to "work with" so it drop a bit. If it never stops and keeps dropping slowly, it's referred to as a memory leak.
    Is 10-15 MB normal? Seems like a lot. I'll have to keep an eye on it over a few days and see if it stops or not.
    12-06-08 12:21 PM
    For this phone, yes. This is why I gripe that the Storm really should have had 256MB of FLASH.
    12-06-08 12:25 PM
    Is 10-15 MB normal? Seems like a lot. I'll have to keep an eye on it over a few days and see if it stops or not.
    I'm going to guess that it's part of the "newness" of this OS, because my AT&T 8800 from work doesn't have anywhere near the memory leak issues (of course, it's under IT policy, fwiw).

I have the see the same thing on mine, but so far, it's not been completely crippling. I don't like the idea of having to do a battery pull all the time to fix it though. Maybe upcoming Rev's will help over time...
    12-06-08 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD