I got a new Storm 2 yesterday and I have had nothing but crappy service from this mobilhand company that I have bought my apps from in the past. When I change phones it takes them forever to put in my new pin so I can use my apps.... I have sent them many e-mails and requests and they never answer... What should I do? I just need my dam pin changed.....
    03-20-10 09:04 PM
    Well, when I changed mine yesterday. . . I never got an email showing that it was changed. So I thought the same thing. Logged into my account and it still showed that a customer support agent needed to do blah blah blah. But just below that were my new codes for my new pin. Odd. . . but it was changed and I received no notification.
    03-20-10 09:27 PM
    I have brought your problem to the forum manager's attention. Since it is late on a Saturday night, the problem may not be fixed before Monday. I appreciate your concern. I just got a replacement Tour and my pin has not been changed yet either.

UPDATE: my pin change email arrived in the 5 minutes or so since I posted. Perhaps a batch update is in progress. Please post when you get your change notice.
    Last edited by JeffH; 03-20-10 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Pin change email arrived
    03-20-10 09:28 PM
    Hey All,

I'm confused as to how you're going about initiating your PIN change. Are you changing the pin yourself first (and it's not working?) or are you immediately contacting mobihand when you want the PIN change done.

I know the old way of doing it was to contact mobihand directly, but they changed up their system so the user can do themselves. If you login into your software account ( BlackBerry Apps My Account - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store on crackberry ) fairly high up there is a section for your device PIN and a link to change your device id. When you get a new device, you do it up there. So if you're using this method, are you still running into issues? Or is it that you're not doing this and you're emailing mobihand to make the change?

Either way, I'll forward this thread onto our mobihand contacts right now so they can clarify what's been going and to ensure the process is clear for everyone going ahead.

Thanks for the patience,

Kevin
    03-21-10 09:57 AM
    Hey All,

I'm confused as to how you're going about initiating your PIN change. Are you changing the pin yourself first (and it's not working?) or are you immediately contacting mobihand when you want the PIN change done.

I know the old way of doing it was to contact mobihand directly, but they changed up their system so the user can do themselves. If you login into your software account ( BlackBerry Apps My Account - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store on crackberry ) fairly high up there is a section for your device PIN and a link to change your device id. When you get a new device, you do it up there. So if you're using this method, are you still running into issues? Or is it that you're not doing this and you're emailing mobihand to make the change?

Either way, I'll forward this thread onto our mobihand contacts right now so they can clarify what's been going and to ensure the process is clear for everyone going ahead.

Thanks for the patience,

Kevin
    Hey kevin,

Forward this thread to them to please....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35p;/w...upport-440753/

Also, suggest a better way to do multi phones on one account so PIN changes can be done easier, such as let us select which apps to change the PIN for, or have them pop up notices to create a seperate account for each phone when purchasing apps, the first one probably would be easier, the account holder could just click the apps that need to have a PIN change, send it in to them for the change. They let us buy apps for more then one phone on one account, and it lists each app with seperate PIN numbers on our accounts, but if you try to do a PIN change, they change the codes for everything on our accounts to 1 PIN, locking the apps on the other phones.

Thanks
    03-21-10 11:07 AM
    I did my through the website under the request pin change button on my account page. I have done this in the past and also suffered the same problem. One phone took 3 days for them to change it. This time it took them 48 hours to honor my request but late last night I received an e-mail saying they took care of it. I think they should work on their system as it seems to not take the 2 hours they are quoting on their site. For now I am happy since I can use my apps again as well as the new ones I just purchased this morning.

Thanks Crackberry Gods
    03-21-10 12:09 PM
    MobiHand has been an innovator in tools for management of PINs and activation codes, and we want to make sure we're communicating well about how we handle these things:

First of all, for products which require a PIN/Device ID in order for an activation code to be generated, we require that the PIN be submitted on purchase. This makes it possible for us to deliver the code in real-time. In some cases, however, the 'real-time' is delayed because the transaction is not immediately completed. This happens when one of various fraud protection flags is triggered, and the transaction is set to "pending" for review by our Support staff. Our staff reviews these, and most are handled within 15 minutes; but for late night (USA) transactions, this may be as much as 3-5 hours.

MobiHand does limited re-generating of activation codes when there is a change in the user's PIN. This is intended to support the legitimate needs of users who switch to a new device, but to discourage abuse by those who would pirate or unfairly share the downloaded app. This is a balance between protecting the IP rights of developers and ease-of-use for customers.

To change your PIN:
    - On a desktop computer, please go to software.crackberry.com/myaccount.asp, and login to your account.

- Under "My Apps", click on the "Change Device ID" link, enter your new Device ID, and select all software that needs a new activation code. Once you click "Save" your new code(s) will be displayed on the page. (Note that You MUST have a device model selected to be able to update your Device ID. If the option to update your Device ID is missing, make sure you have your correct device model selected.)

- Note that all Device IDs are case and space sensitive. For BlackBerry PINs, they must be written out in capital letters or incorrect codes will be generated. Also note that BlackBerry PINs are pre-assigned to the device by RIM, and you cannot create your own PIN for these devices. If you are unsure of how to find your Device ID, please click on the blue "How to find the Device ID" button located under the "My Apps" tab in your software account.

- Repeated changes of a PIN within an account will trigger manual review. In this case, a pop-up will open when you submit a new ID, showing the ID you have currently assigned to your account, and with input boxes for your new Device ID, and for comments. Please fill in both input boxes (we appreciate comments on why your ID needs to be changed!) then click on the red "Submit" button. You will see a box which reads "Your request has been submitted successfully." This indicates that the Support staff will do a manual review, and they will respond to you via email within 24 hours.

- Please be aware that submitting a new Device ID to us will apply the new ID to ALL software in your account. If you have software for multiple devices in your account, please contact at customersupport at mobihand dot com so that we can further assist you with your Device ID update.

Cheers,
    -David
    03-24-10 07:11 PM
    I've been using Mobihand for almost 2 years now and I gotta say they're the best in app/PIN management. I had some problems with the apps ( i bought a program for another Blackberry), changed the PIN to my account manually and when I finally replaced my phone, I couldn't change the PIN manually and I had to ask MH to do it. They replied in 2 days. It's OK even from a business perspective. I wrote developers so many times, almost all of them never replied.
    03-25-10 10:23 AM
    MobiHand has been an innovator in tools for management of PINs and activation codes, and we want to make sure we're communicating well about how we handle these things:

First of all, for products which require a PIN/Device ID in order for an activation code to be generated, we require that the PIN be submitted on purchase. This makes it possible for us to deliver the code in real-time. In some cases, however, the 'real-time' is delayed because the transaction is not immediately completed. This happens when one of various fraud protection flags is triggered, and the transaction is set to "pending" for review by our Support staff. Our staff reviews these, and most are handled within 15 minutes; but for late night (USA) transactions, this may be as much as 3-5 hours.

MobiHand does limited re-generating of activation codes when there is a change in the user's PIN. This is intended to support the legitimate needs of users who switch to a new device, but to discourage abuse by those who would pirate or unfairly share the downloaded app. This is a balance between protecting the IP rights of developers and ease-of-use for customers.

To change your PIN:
    - On a desktop computer, please go to software.crackberry.com/myaccount.asp, and login to your account.

- Under "My Apps", click on the "Change Device ID" link, enter your new Device ID, and select all software that needs a new activation code. Once you click "Save" your new code(s) will be displayed on the page. (Note that You MUST have a device model selected to be able to update your Device ID. If the option to update your Device ID is missing, make sure you have your correct device model selected.)

- Note that all Device IDs are case and space sensitive. For BlackBerry PINs, they must be written out in capital letters or incorrect codes will be generated. Also note that BlackBerry PINs are pre-assigned to the device by RIM, and you cannot create your own PIN for these devices. If you are unsure of how to find your Device ID, please click on the blue "How to find the Device ID" button located under the "My Apps" tab in your software account.

- Repeated changes of a PIN within an account will trigger manual review. In this case, a pop-up will open when you submit a new ID, showing the ID you have currently assigned to your account, and with input boxes for your new Device ID, and for comments. Please fill in both input boxes (we appreciate comments on why your ID needs to be changed!) then click on the red "Submit" button. You will see a box which reads "Your request has been submitted successfully." This indicates that the Support staff will do a manual review, and they will respond to you via email within 24 hours.

- Please be aware that submitting a new Device ID to us will apply the new ID to ALL software in your account. If you have software for multiple devices in your account, please contact at customersupport at mobihand dot com so that we can further assist you with your Device ID update.

Cheers,
    -David

Did this.. still waiting, 36 hours later. I've been using Mobihand for sometime too. I changed my PIN earlier this month, no problem. But now, it is taking an eternity. I got this same email (above) after I did it and even contacted customer service.

Please advise why this is taking so long. I;ve had my new phone since Thursday. There is no reason I should have to wait this long.

Thanks,

Jerry
    03-27-10 03:11 PM
    Just got a response from Mobihand. Said I needed to contact them to resolve the problem. Funny, this is the 4th g/d email to change my Device ID. This is really pissing me off.
    03-27-10 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD