My latest problem is just about every app I try to download it says. App not available for download . Or it says check my network connection or some other bull****.

It started just beforei got a 502 error and had to wipe and re install everything. Now I'm trying to get all my apps back. Quiklaunch concerns me the most since I paid for it. After I login to paypal Its there and it says reinstal but it just keeps saying its not available.

Wtf app world any help on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 01:28 AM
    I regularly get support requests from customers having this same problem. They buy it and then can't download it. Then, because all vendors can see in the records is device type, os, time, and carrier, but not customer name or order #, I have to irritate the customer asking what time they purchased and what device and carrier and OS they have, just to make sure it's not someone writing in trying to get a free copy. Sometimes the order didn't process and I have to say "sorry, but...", and other times it did and I email them the app.

Have you tried using the new web store instead? It seems a lot better than the on-phone store...
    11-12-09 02:05 AM
    Not yet. I'll give that a try. Frustrating as ****. I got a bunch of errors about a tunnel too. Wtf is that?

11-12-09 08:51 AM
    i went to blackberry.com appworld and it just emails you a link to open appworld on your phone. useless. this time i got a 3300 error.
    11-12-09 09:59 AM
    What app are you looking for? Most apps are available through other (and I hate to say easier and/or better) sources. Check out the crackberry store. (Or mobihand which is the same store)
    11-12-09 10:49 AM
    yes, i know, I'm trying to get quicklaunch back. I purchased it a long time ago through app world but since had to wipe my phone. i see it there.. it says "reinstall" i click it and then it sucks.
    11-12-09 11:08 AM
    Hi Kirk, I had the exact same issue after I re-loaded the OS when I nuked my Tour last month. I was somehow able to download QL fine, but it was the previous version! I got the same error as you when upgrading.

I posted my successful solution in another thread. I'll find the link for it when I have time later today.

In the meantime, what version of App World do you have? Current is 1.1.0.23. If you still have .20 or older, you can start by upgrading. If the App World entry for itself in Top Free doesn't give you option to upgrade, the direct your BB Browser at:
    Download BlackBerry App World

11-12-09 12:29 PM
    yea i have the current appworld.

what a pain in the ***. hope you find that link.
    11-12-09 01:56 PM
    update i just logged into appworld. and QL was there and i "reinstalled" it just now no problem.

ugg!!!

also, some apps i bought for my girl's phone showed up... can i install them on my phone too?
    11-12-09 01:59 PM
    just email the developer with your info....see what they say... app world should just disappear....
    11-12-09 02:00 PM
    you must do the following exactly. Don't skip any steps even if you have the latest App World.
    1) Go to My World and Delete QuickLaunch
    2) uninstall QuickLaunch from your phone from Options, Advanced, Applications.
    3) Delete QuickLaunch from your sdcard
    4) uninstall App World
    5) pull the battery for a FULL 30 seconds
    6) download and install the LATEST App World Client

then perform the following to clear the app world cache:
    a. Go to My World
    b1. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and press "RST" (the letters R-S-t)
    b2. For Storm -- Hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit "34("
    c. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

5) go to app world. click the My World icon
    6) hit the blackberry menu key and select 'Log in'. login to My World with your paypal email you used when purchasing
    7) after your apps have been reconciled the activation code will be displayed on the right under the file size. it's 4 or 5 digits
    11-12-09 03:05 PM
    Yeesh, I'd sooner try writing the app myself than go through all that...
    11-12-09 04:02 PM
    Seriously, that is a lot to go through

Yeesh, I'd sooner try writing the app myself than go through all that...
    11-12-09 04:36 PM
    update i just logged into appworld. and QL was there and i "reinstalled" it just now no problem.

ugg!!!

also, some apps i bought for my girl's phone showed up... can i install them on my phone too?
    Glad to hear it worked out!
    My solution was pretty much what Cheetah Ace posted. (What a copycat. Or copy-cheetah?)

As for the "other" paid apps, see what happens if you try!
    Good luck!
    11-12-09 09:41 PM
    I can't understand why developers put items on the bb app world when there are so many other places to what they sell.

Is the cut you pay to bb app world less than other places?
    11-12-09 11:21 PM
    I can't understand why developers put items on the bb app world when there are so many other places to what they sell.

Is the cut you pay to bb app world less than other places?
    Yes I believe App World takes 20% versus at least 40% from almost any other route except off a developer's own website, which is challenging to market.

Remember how new App World is! I'm sure given the choice of having it or not BEFORE it came out, we would have all been screaming for something to come out... The whole grass is always greener thing...

It's been (slowly) improving. I still like it a lot, but I understand how frustrating it can be. Hopefully they can fix all this stuff.
    Users shouldn't need to know "secret codes" like the ALT+RST thing to use it properly!
    11-12-09 11:33 PM
    Yes I believe App World takes 20% versus at least 40% from almost any other route except off a developer's own website, which is challenging to market.

Remember how new App World is! I'm sure given the choice of having it or not BEFORE it came out, we would have all been screaming for something to come out... The whole grass is always greener thing...

It's been (slowly) improving. I still like it a lot, but I understand how frustrating it can be. Hopefully they can fix all this stuff.
    Users shouldn't need to know "secret codes" like the ALT+RST thing to use it properly!
    App World takes 20%, and when people purchase direct on MobiHand it's the same, but through channel sites like CB the channel gets 18% and Mobi 22%, so the developer keeps 60%. Handango takes half -- or is that Smartphone.net, or both?

People hardly ever purchase on Mobi directly, so 50 orders on App World ends up worth 100 orders on CB. It's not only the % but also buyers are used to paying more over there because of the firm $2.99 minimum price.
    11-13-09 03:24 AM
    But app world also charges an upfront developer fee just to list an app (actually I think it is up to 5 apps for one fee with another fee above that)
    11-13-09 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD