just upgraded my phone to v.5.0.0.592 and noticed that I have this icon called Visual Voice Mail that no matter what I do, I can't get rid of it.

Anyone know what's going on and how do I delete it off my phone? Thanks!
    04-24-10 07:24 PM
    The icon is pushed by your carrier. Only an icon unless you install the service so tiny memory loss. Hide and forget. Out of sight is out of mind.

ED: wrong. Not pushed. See later posts about removal. Sorry about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sedalia066; 04-25-10 at 08:16 AM.
    04-25-10 06:45 AM
    It's not pushed by the carrier, it installs with the OS which means it can be removed also, although not easily. Do a search for removing visual voice mail, there are instructions around here somewhere, I've done it before when VVM wasn't available but since it's free I've kept it on.
    04-25-10 07:00 AM
    You might want to give it a try, it's pretty handy. Your voicemails get pushed to your phone like a voice memo message so you can see who the message is from immediately, listen to them in any order, and you don't have to call the voicemail number to get them. And it's free, you just have to turn it on from the AT&T site.
    04-25-10 07:20 AM
    Yes but if you have a voicemail, and caller ID, won't you know who the voicemail is from? Or does vvm actually convert the voice message to text?

04-25-10 07:40 AM
    Yes but if you have a voicemail, and caller ID, won't you know who the voicemail is from? Or does vvm actually convert the voice message to text?

Maybe, but not if you had two missed calls and only one person left a message, or if your phone was off or didn't have service when the message was left. It probably depends on how much you actually use your phone as a phone, but I find it helpful.

It does not convert your message to text, it just forwards the message to your phone so it shows up in your message list.
    04-25-10 08:23 AM
    How to remove Visual Voice Mail from the phone:

Using CrackUtil> FileManipulation> Remove file From Device> then remove all the files with .vvm

To download the CrackUtil program go to:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/

CrackUtil will remove from the phone the visual voice mail icons and the program. With CrackUtil, if at a later time you want to have it back, use the load function to restore it.
    Last edited by mandony; 04-25-10 at 11:03 AM.
    04-25-10 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD