Why are you children buying a smartphone to play games with in the first place?

You would be better off buying a $29.99 POS flip phone and a gaming system.

You wouldn' buy a little electric car if you needed to drive offroad would you (well I guess some of you would). Well since you obviously bought the wrong device don't come here and complain about it.

Children

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 08:12 AM
    the iphone is a great phone, period. it's just that it's diff than the bb. so it's really up to the person what they want. don't hate on one another.
    05-11-09 08:24 AM
    To the OP, you are comparing apples (pardon the pun) and oranges. Others like Zach are not wrong or misguided, they simply have spent little or no time in the 'Corporate World.' The corporation I work for employs over 100,000 people worldwide - I personally receive ~150 emails/day, and yes, security is a BIG issue. The email, calendar and phone features make the Bold a no-brainer for me and many others like me. Sure the camera isn't the best, but I have a digital camera I use when I want to take a pic. I have some basic apps I use including Slacker, various games, weather apps, GPS, and Skyfire (I'm an alpha tester).

There can really be no winner to this debate - to paraphrase Papped, why would anyone spend $50 or $350 on a phone or anything else for that matter w/o researching it first. Search the web, talk to friends, go to a store, but most importantly - ask allot of questions, including what the return policy is.
    05-11-09 09:47 AM
    Actually that sucks to be old and immature. The iPhone in a way is like an 'everything' device if you think about it, and sure there are is lot of apps that make it a toy and a lot that make is a very useful tool. Honestly I am not happy with my BlackBerry anymore. I'm switching to an iPhone and then to a nokia N97... Like james m said, its fun to be old and immature.... Well I guess that also means that you own a BlackBerry because in my opinion, I want something better. I'm just givin you all my opinion and hey, totally sorry if I offend anyone but the botton line is that about 99% of you are apple haters and iPhone haters for whatever reason.. I give everyone a chance.... Motorola, Nokia, Apple, RIM, HTC... The list goes on.. I just am not happy with my bold.. I'm already bored of it. The music player is very VERY basic. The camera, for today's standards is garbage (even though the pics do come out fairly crisp I will admit...) Apps for it are completely and utterly horrible, a small selection, and over-priced. Sometimes, (like 80% of the time for me) when I buy an app or a utility it doesn't even work properly.. And so great, I just wasted $8 bucks on a battery booster thing... Awesome. I guess that these phone are really for business use only.. But rim is trying to sdvertise to a younger market by putting out sexier more eye-candy phones... With basic features. If they knew anything about the youger market (me being 17 myself) they would know that most of us who are into mobile devices are looking for features features FEATURES and apps and good, smooth looking graphics and a slick device. Out walks the iPhone. Sorry guys. Everyone is different and to those who stand up for the iPhone here, I give you props. At least you don't hate like everyone else here. They can't just look at the iPhone for all the good it contains... They just fins evey bad thing about it or every flaw and point out why their device is better.....

Even when deep down they really want something that has as much functionallity as an iPhone
    Look... This has been the best forum site I've ever been to, hands down. Quickest responses, nicest, most helpful people who care.. But people hate here. Its ok though.
    Thanks for reading everyone (sorry for any mis-spellings or gramatical errors I'm typing really ultra fast)

Zach

(For the meantime I'm still here though )

you are EXACTLY the user that IMHO apple is targeting,and having the most success marketing the Iphone to..a teenager that is easily impressed with shiny objects and has the attention span of a flea
    so good luck with your Iphone and your fart apps and games
    some of us are grown up and need a smartphone for reasons other than how cool people think it is and how many useless apps we can play with for a day or so then delete
    as far as the media player..the object is to press play and hear music at a decent quality....i dont care what the player looks like or who made it...
    05-11-09 10:03 AM
    well i will say one thing if RIM wants to target people outside of "corporate" they need to work harder.

Not so much on the app side, well a little bit, but on their own system. Im 27 and in law school, so I guess I align myself more with the older corporate user than the teenager iphone crowd.

My law school uses exchange, but with BIS i cant even access my email folders. I dont care so much about my personal gmail account, but why is there so little email support for the non-corporate, non-BES user?

You cant target the consumer crowd and have such a stripped email system (compared to BES). Many many colleges, grad school, and even small businesses have exchange, but not BES. Why leave them out? We want to access email folders too and sync contacts/calendar to backup. I want to be able to file my email into folders so i dont have an inbox with 50 emails, and group it into some logical sense. I want to be able to look back 2 months in a particular class folder and get a powerpoint presentation to look at without lumping it into one box. I dont want to have a huge list of emails in the inbox, but to be able to go into a folder and get a 2 month old email from a particular class or particular subject.

And im sure many others have this same issue. RIM needs to stop stripping consumers of features that other platforms/OSs come with out of the box for email. Android devices have full gmail sync, Windows Mobile can use full exchange out of the box folder/contact.calendar syncing, and the iphone has full exchange support too. Why is the email king not letting everyone have the same experience for consumer users? It really boggles my mind.

I love my Bold and I love how RIMs services work, but honestly Im less productive away from my laptop now than i was with my many years with WM right now because of the limitations of BIS. I REALLY want to say Ill keep BB for a long time, but at this point I dont know honestly with BIS being so limited.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-11-09 at 10:37 AM.
    05-11-09 10:35 AM
    I know that the BlackBerry is used by govt officials and must be secure by default, but I don't think that developing for the phone has to be so difficult. Surely RIM can find a way to make it easier to create beautiful apps without comprimising security

05-11-09 10:38 AM
    Come on....you can get PhoneyFart for BlackBerry. What more do we need!

Yikes....$3 bucks on App World....

I'm beginning to see your point!
    05-11-09 11:02 AM
    You seem to have me misunderstood, my original rant came about due to losing a phone war, I mean with such a nice screen and poor video streaming ! I mean come on it defeats the purpose of have such a crisp screen just to enjoy wallpapers. I know people in "corporate setting" hardly watch videos, but hey , I use BIS and on the subway back home I want to watch the highlights or news and guess what I rather not.
    05-11-09 11:36 AM
    You seem to have me misunderstood, my original rant came about due to losing a phone war, I mean with such a nice screen and poor video streaming ! I mean come on it defeats the purpose of have such a crisp screen just to enjoy wallpapers. I know people in "corporate setting" hardly watch videos, but hey , I use BIS and on the subway back home I want to watch the highlights or news and guess what I rather not.
    Then just sit tight and be patient - Skyfire should be out in a few months.
    Now that that is resolved is there anything else you'd like to whine about?
    05-11-09 12:27 PM
    iPhones indeed are toys comparing to other phones, Blackberrys are more professtional and classy, the iPhone does indeed have a great app store (I have an iPod touch) and yes most of them are games and other useless, time wasting applications. Blacberrys are great phones and do have quite a lot of useful apps for the basic consumer, such as production, social networking, and various settings apps. Yes games are nice, but an iPhone basically a platform for games because of the multi-touch features and what not. The iPhone has a touchscreen keyboard (always a bad thing). Touchscreens will never be better than qwerty keyboards in the sense of speed, accuracy, and precision. One reason I'm excited for the new Blackberry with a qwerty keyboard and touchscreen (supposedly). All in all, they are both great products, but when I think of iPhone I think toy with mediocre battery life, terrible, slow typing, but great for games and fun, but a Blackberry is so much more, just an outstanding product, minus the "great" games, but its called a phone, not a video game system, so I suggest looking into things before you make a purchase

05-11-09 12:38 PM
    I've had my bold for around 4 months and from that point on I will never go to any other phone. Bb is amazing so much more than the Iphone. Yea there's an app for this an app for that. U can do all that on the bb just by using the web browser. Who needs an app to represent a fart sound or a light saber or make out like your drinking a pint of lager there just pointless. Blackberry is the ultimate tool for me I don't even use my laptop anymore. The only thing I'm longing for is flash streaming. I played around with an iphone and after five mins the apeal of it wore off. I can't put my blackberry down
    05-11-09 01:14 PM
    Eveyone seems to know more about how to succeed in the cell phone market than RIM. As a consumer you have a right to try to get as much as you want with a little as you don't want for the best possible price. One thing your not considering is that RIM didn't create the Bold because they thought it was what YOU wanted, and therefore they haven't disappointed you. They make the exact phone that they set out to make and if you aren't satisfied with it then you have oviously failed yourself as the consumer.

If you insist on publicly deflecting your buyers remorse away from the fact that you were too lazy/inept/stupid to do the research and buy the device that was right for you, then don't get upset when the rest of us show you our ruffled feathers.

17.... hahaha
    05-11-09 03:58 PM
    Because Blackberry = Business and Iphone = gaming / all around
    05-11-09 05:15 PM
    Well actually, I don't fail as a consumer, they fail because their product doesn't appeal to me. Same with a lot of different people. And yes, 17, its better than the 30 you probably are.. Am I right? Oh and I have no buyers remorse because I didn't buy it, I got it free.

05-11-09 05:29 PM
    Well actually, I don't fail as a consumer, they fail because their product doesn't appeal to me. Same with a lot of different people. And yes, 17, its better than the 30 you probably are.. Am I right? Oh and I have no buyers remorse because I didn't buy it, I got it free.

That's a bit of a stretch... Every individual that doesn't like phone X for whatever reason can claim that phone manufacturer failed....
    05-11-09 05:39 PM
    "That's a bit of a stretch... Every individual that doesn't like phone X for whatever reason can claim that phone manufacturer failed...."

Right? Thank you papped

05-11-09 06:02 PM
    And @msweston7

You only mention the fart app and the light saber app?? Why? There's like 50000 more to choose from..

So ya the iPhone is a toy. For sure. But its also many other things, show me a lightsaber that moves on your bold. Please go ahead. Be my guest

05-11-09 06:05 PM
    good thread.

decent debate is always enjoyable so long as it doesnt turn into immature bickering.

i see decent arguments on each side. at the end of the day it clearly just comes down to personal preference.

i personally had time to play with my mates iphone before deciding on the bold. this is my first real smartphone and i can honestly say i will keep buying BB's for many years to come. its just the way they operate to make everything easy ie: concentrating on productivity, is second to none in my opininon.

if people dont have any need for these 'features' then i can see why other features such as loads of apps or a pretty music player may be more appealing.

each to their own...
    05-11-09 06:18 PM
    It's like my WM phones, yeah there's a million apps (granted I don't really think their free app selection is much better than BB, but their paid apps have much wider selection). But the phones have so many other problems it doesn't pan out to *better*.
    05-11-09 06:20 PM
    How much wood did that wood chuck chuck ?
    05-11-09 07:00 PM
    True zach iphones range of apps is far far superior I just feel many of them you wouldn't really have a use for.. bb do have some cathing up to do on the apps side and I'm hoping the prices will come down too at the minute I'm put of from buying them. I want a pdf reader but aint paying the price there asking its to expensive.
    05-12-09 04:22 AM
    the iphone is a great phone, period. it's just that it's diff than the bb. so it's really up to the person what they want. don't hate on one another.
    That's right. When I bought my iPhone I was all hopped up on the hype. Then the novelty wore and I bought my Bold. Still use the iPhone to play games and use as a media player much like a 400.00 toy would be used. But it is still a toy to me.

PS, This is only my close minded opinion......
    05-12-09 05:30 AM
    Man, you must have downloaded different apps than I did. The ones on MY Bold are great!
    05-12-09 06:07 AM
    What apps would be recommended as a good download. I have the facebook app. Viigo, all of google apps and that's about it. Have trapster but never use it half of the apps I try are u.s based and I'm from the u.k
    05-12-09 07:07 AM
    What apps would be recommended as a good download. I have the facebook app. Viigo, all of google apps and that's about it. Have trapster but never use it half of the apps I try are u.s based and I'm from the u.k
    There's a few very big "favorite apps" threads. Try a search, there is a lot of good info and opinions on those threads.
    05-12-09 07:16 AM
174 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD