Thanking you both.
    The second reason that I didn't really take to my 10-day old Passport, is that I felt that the keypad was not as user-friendly. The keys felt much firmer/harder to press, and the actual keyboard design was too low and wide for someone with small hands...
    Sounds like the Passport is not the phone for you. Luckily we have no end of choices.
    05-20-16 04:32 PM
    Well don't give up on it completely, the developer of Snap has indicated on his Twitter page that he (or his team) will look at the log-in problems. Who knows he may fix it. Just have to wait and see.
    Hope so.
    05-20-16 07:45 PM
    My wife's Z30 works with Snap but mine stopped when I had to change the password.

So no snap means outdated apps from Amazon... great..

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 11:16 AM
    My wife's Z30 works with Snap but mine stopped when I had to change the password.

So no snap means outdated apps from Amazon... great..

Posted via CB10
    No......you can still get Google Play store right here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    05-25-16 07:06 PM
    I really hope this somehow gets fixed!

And to those who keep suggesting Cobalt's Google Play Store option: we know it's there - we just preferred Snap! ...And we don't need to explain why!
    05-26-16 10:10 PM
    I really hope this somehow gets fixed!

And to those who keep suggesting Cobalt's Google Play Store option: we know it's there - we just preferred Snap! ...And we don't need to explain why!
    If you are referring to me, just so you know, I use Snap and prefer it over Cobalt's option. The poster that I answered above (PSSKID) makes no mention of knowing about anything other than Snap and the Amazon App Store. I am only trying to help people and I also agree that I hope Snap gets fixed. There are also a lot of newbies on CB now, so I have noticed, and we are not mind readers, so they truly may not know their options.
    05-26-16 10:40 PM
    If you are referring to me, just so you know, I use Snap and prefer it over Cobalt's option. The poster that I answered above (PSSKID) makes no mention of knowing about anything other than Snap and the Amazon App Store. I am only trying to help people and I also agree that I hope Snap gets fixed. There are also a lot of newbies on CB now, so I have noticed, and we are not mind readers, so they truly may not know their options.
    I may have been, I'm not sure... Anyway, help for Newbies is always good. Chances are though, if users have Snap installed on their Berry to begin with, they aren't quite newbies and "likely" have not been able to go without seeing many references in the forums here about Cobalt's method.

I think most people still using Snap are probably in the same boat as us and have tried both, while still preferring Snap. I hope it gets sorted out because, without it, I don't think I, personally, will install any alternative app stores. It's simple enough to find APKs online too but some of the sources are a bit sketchy. Snap was the ultimate BB10 solution and I really hope that it gets up and running again!
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-27-16 03:37 PM
    We should donate developer to update Snap.
    06-01-16 09:57 AM
    I downloaded the Cobalt app and it works well. I see no difference to snap. Same apps. Same way to download, same end result. There is a way to get Google services on it if you download patches per app but I haven't tried that yet.

One nice thing about Cobalt is that it shows the Google play app store logo. When people say I have no apps because I own a BlackBerry, I open play store and say. What app don't I have? The look of surprise on their faces is priceless..

As per my take on this, I love BB10. I really don't care what runs it in the. Background. I know qnx is secured but if BlackBerry can secure android to the point it's close to bb10, I can accept that. My only request to BlackBerry is that they customize the new Android phones with the BlackBerry 10 flow.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 10:38 AM
    My only request to BlackBerry is that they customize the new Android phones with the BlackBerry 10 flow.
    They won't because they can't.

Android is customizable, but not so customizable that you can make it look and operate like a good operating system.
    Meenix likes this.
    06-01-16 10:47 AM
    I wish I knew about Cobalts sooner!
    06-06-16 03:46 PM
    Well I was navigating in Youtube, when for "security reasons" took me out, and I had to change my Google password! Now I lost Snap as you all. I am so sorry, Snap is very practical. I have the Cobalt solution thanks God and him. But Snap is better, some times you can't install something from the store for space and Snap used to do it no matter what! Now to wait, please Mr. Snap, fix it!!! By the way, I have the Cobalt solutions, except the patchs, I can't download and use that part. Good lock everyody.
    06-21-16 05:49 PM
    Unfortunately, even a phone reset isn't going to revive your Snap. You've logged out. There's no way back in its current state. Google has made some interval change in their login authentication or something that Snap is unable to verify. Unless someone takes over development of the app (and at this point that seems unlikely) to update the issue then your time using Snap is complete.

You can install Google Play Store using Cobalt's solution by following the instructions in the first post of this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/
    GOD #@%^&! DAMMIT!!!!!

This all started with a freaking Twitch account 2FA creation, caused my damn Google 2-Steps Authenticator to FAIL and not even open anymore despite reinstallations, reboots, battery pulls. ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH! I'm tired of having all these goddamn hoops to jump through just to get some functionality.
    Last edited by K3_Cubed; 06-21-16 at 08:40 PM.
    06-21-16 08:17 PM
    GOD #@%^&! DAMMIT!!!!!

This all started with a freaking Twitch account 2FA creation, caused my damn Google 2-Steps Authenticator to FAIL and not even open anymore despite reinstallations, reboots, battery pulls. ARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH! I'm tired of having all these goddamn hoops to jump through just to get some functionality.
    Guess it's time for you to move on. We will all have to at some point. Shame...
    06-22-16 11:53 PM
    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

*****Screams and claws ground while being dragged away****

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 08:38 AM
    I'm able to log out and log in fine with Snap v3

Why can't I seem to login to snap?-img_20160624_221056.png

Why can't I seem to login to snap?-img_20160624_221146.png

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    06-24-16 04:28 PM
    Any one else try this?
    06-24-16 11:52 PM
    I tried all versions of SNAP. No luck so I installed Cobalt.

Everyone. Honestly. Just install Cobalt. The apk files, login to Google and your done

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 07:02 AM
    I am going to try the v3 beta. Do I have to erase the old one or do I install the new one over the old one??
    06-28-16 03:12 PM
    Yes I can do the same, even with the 2FA, however when you try to browse apps or browse games I have a blank screen. I can't get through with a successful search either. I run a factory unlocked Z10 STL100-1 on OS Version 10.3.2.2876

I'm able to log out and log in fine with Snap v3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160624_221056.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	402830

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160624_221146.png 
Views:	179 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	402831

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    Last edited by K3_Cubed; 06-29-16 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Additional info
    06-29-16 04:34 PM
    For myself I just deleted the old one using the press-and-hold on the icon method to delete. Then I installed the v3 Beta 3 using sachesi. That was it.

However I think you should check out these two posts to see if they help you:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12206982
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

I am going to try the v3 beta. Do I have to erase the old one or do I install the new one over the old one??
    Last edited by K3_Cubed; 06-29-16 at 04:49 PM.
    GdelaFuenteMTY likes this.
    06-29-16 04:36 PM
    Thank you.
    06-29-16 05:14 PM
    I have exact same problem and came across your post. Did you ever get it resolved? and if so can you tell me how? any leads would be appreciated. Thank you
    07-26-16 06:27 PM
    I just tried the beta version and it did not work at all
    07-26-16 06:29 PM
    I just tried the beta version and it did not work at all
    The developer for Snap has abandoned the app and so it will not work anymore (that goes for all versions) because Google Play has changed their login settings. You can, however, install Cobalt's Google Play solution. See post number 71 above and click on the 2nd link. The dev has recently said he is looking into fixing Snap but as of yet, nothing has happened.
    07-26-16 06:34 PM
88 1234