After owning both an iPhone and Blackberry Curve I have found that a big advantage the iPhone has is one dedicated store with a multitude of applications. Also, these apps are reasonably priced. Many are free to no more than $4.99. Why is it that most blackberry apps are more than this? Does it really cost that much more to create one program for a blackberry?
    09-15-08 09:06 PM
    Well with the exception of games, which other than a little Brick Breaker I don't play, there are low to no cost alternatives to most apps. If a developer uses his/her knowledge and/or education to come up with an app that is useful to me I have no problem compensating them for there hard work. Also you'll notice almost all BB apps have a free trial period. How many of those did you see in the Apple App Store? Right, like none. So if its not up to par, you're just hosed! What bugs me way more is people who expect ALL third party apps to be FREE! Unless you can make it too, Shut up and put up if you want it. Just my 2
    09-15-08 09:14 PM
    You're a definitely right about the free trial period, but that seems to be apple's fault. Some apps have a sample version for free with the complete application also available. I am not expecting every thing to be free and am more than willing to pay for a good app. I just find it odd that iPhone apps do usually trend much lower in price than blackberry ones.
    09-15-08 09:17 PM
    Maybe it is a quality thing. I do not think the BB apps are that bad price wise. Just me.
    09-15-08 09:37 PM
    I agree with the quality thing.
    I have no issues on spending $5-$20 for something that will make my life easier and simple on my Berry.

Its a small cost for better operation
    09-15-08 10:12 PM
    similar apps between the two devices are priced nearly the same.

the more expensive apps for blackberry arent available for iphone, like document editors and the like at this point.

lastly, the apps you buy for blackberry USUALLY come with free updates and there's no risk of the app being nuked off your device after you've paid for it.
    09-16-08 12:33 AM
    I agree, I dont mind paying someone for a quality product. Problem is Blackberry do over price their apps. Just look at Doodle Jump, on Itunes its 59 p. On Blackberry its 4.99?? How are they gonna keep market share by overpricing apps?
    05-07-11 03:36 PM
    I think it's an issue of supply and demand. There are so many iPhone/Android apps available that there is competition, which keeps prices low. Given the limited number of BlackBerry apps, the developers can keep the prices high, since they have little or no competitors.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-07-11 03:41 PM
    i think its because iphone has a longer running bigger community to the app store so if someone sells an app on the iphone app store for $0.99 there gaurenteed to get lots of sales, but on the blackberry app store its still a big community but still needs time to grow so if someone puts an app for $0.99 they wont get as many sales therefor they'll sell it for $1.99 to get an equal amount to how much they would get in the apple app store
    05-07-11 04:00 PM
    It's because BlackBerry is freaking hard to develop for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 03:12 AM
    My sentiments exactly! I really feel the pinch when I'm paying few dollars just to make the LED light up in different colors!
    05-08-11 03:18 AM
    Lol well in that case you could get an android or iphone and not even have the option of colored LEDs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD