Is there any reason as to why BB games, applications and the like are so expensive compared to Iphone/ipod touch applications? You can go to their app store and half the the stuff is free and actually really fun.. But BB apps are always like $5 or $10..

Is it harder to make apps for BB or is it just that BB owners are greedy compared to Apple Users..
    03-23-09 06:43 PM
    I believe prat of it is the cut the software distributors are taking out of each sale.

On the same (sort of) note, there are a lot of high-priced apps and free apps for BBs. It's like IM+ for Skype is pretty high priced, but there is also iSkoot that does pretty much the sme exact thing for free.

I think the trick to it with BlackBerry software is searching around a bit for what you are looking for. Sometimes the free and less expensive apps get lost behing the pricier ones.
    03-23-09 07:19 PM
    I am not sure. I do not pay for apps if I can help it.
    03-23-09 07:22 PM
    ^^two times...

I always look for a free version first. However, I do see why high quality apps (not to be confused with the crap iTunes sells) are at a premium price. Because the developers and distributors work hard to produce high quality product. I don't mind properly compensating someone for their hard work, if it is for something I want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 08:44 PM
    Yeah, I only pay for what I a) need, and b) find on sale. At the same time I understand the reason why some charge for their developed apps, they take SERIOUS time! I mean, yes, wouldn't it be really nice to get everything free, but sometimes the designer with the required skills won't do it unless they get paid! Oh well..
    03-23-09 09:02 PM
    haha i bought one for 1 buck last time to see if it was good, n since the guy was slow got more stuff

then i bought tom's theme since it was on sale
    03-23-09 09:18 PM
    I usually look for the stuff that is on sale.
    03-23-09 09:24 PM
    I'm surprised at how tame this thread is. There are a few threads about people asking "why can't they be free" or similar topics, these people get flamed (in fact, I was flamed!).
    03-23-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD