HI, im new here but ive had blackberry for like 3 years now and actually have my new bold 9780 and i love it but i dont understand why the apps and games for bb are SO TERRIBLE :S.
    if you see the apps for android or apple and compare them to the ones on bb its like comparing atari with playstation 3!!
    im dont have bb for the apps thats fore sure, i have it because i live in spain and talk to venezuela for free (basicly) every day with bb messener, so i wouldnt change to android but is there a way to have cool apps in bb?
    really the best game i found is a 2d helicopter that can only move up and down inside a cave and has like 4 colors tops -.-
    01-20-11 04:44 AM
    As far as 3D games go, none of the current gsm. Models have GPUs, so you won't really see them. Other than that, I have heard bb is a pain to develop for, but I don't know myself. What kind of cool apps do you want?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 04:49 AM
    well im not looking for anything specific but idk some cool games would be nice cus im getting bored of brickbraker and texas hold'em.. but all the free games suck.. i saw that a friend has a snes emulator with mario on his android! could that be available someday for a bb? or am I dreaming too much?
    01-20-11 04:56 AM
    Blackberry is a business phone. It's not about apps or anything fun. It's about productivity. We have BBM. Blah, blah, blah...
    01-20-11 05:04 AM
    yeah its a business phobe so lets make crappy games because businessmen like crappy games?? thats a bad excuse.. i found this on anothe site and its exacly what i mean
    "The iPhone makes full use of the motion sensor and touchscreen to bring us dynamic games from flight simulators to action games to simple board games. Playing games on the iPhone is a fantastic and handy experience, especially multiplayer games. Plus, as mentioned before, you can design your own games if you have the know-how.

Blackberry has Brickbreaker."
    01-20-11 05:29 AM
    yeah its a business phobe so lets make crappy games because businessmen like crappy games?? thats a bad excuse.. i found this on anothe site and its exacly what i mean
    "The iPhone makes full use of the motion sensor and touchscreen to bring us dynamic games from flight simulators to action games to simple board games. Playing games on the iPhone is a fantastic and handy experience, especially multiplayer games. Plus, as mentioned before, you can design your own games if you have the know-how.

Blackberry has Brickbreaker."
    I'm with you. I'm just preparing you for the responses that you are about to hear.
    01-20-11 05:50 AM
    It is because 70 percent of people who use BB dont care about games. I have a XBox 360, PS3 and PC for gaming. I have tried Android and it does have better game selection but at the same time im not a fan of having a device with terrible battery life. Then when you are talking gaming you are talking about your device being dead in 2 hours. No Thanks. I think BB will improve the Appworld and game selection as they bring out devices with better processors and displays. Everyone always says they are "dated" or are behind in technology. Its not that they are behind as much as that they just focus on security,messaging and functionality over WOW factor.
    01-20-11 08:05 AM
    I've got an iPhone and have 7 free games on my mobile. Well tbh I only played NFS on it and that's it. If I'm out and about I don't have time to play or concentrate on that. I do email and some bubble breaker or whatever it's called on BB which keeps me happy.

The only app I need (as I've got a subscription) would be Skype. That's the only thing I need.
    01-20-11 08:11 AM
    It is because 70 percent of people who use BB dont care about games. I have a XBox 360, PS3 and PC for gaming. Its not that they are behind as much as that they just focus on security,messaging and functionality over WOW factor.
    I told ya! Oops, and I forgot battery life.
    01-20-11 08:16 AM
    Blackberry is a business phone. It's not about apps or anything fun. It's about productivity. We have BBM. Blah, blah, blah...
    With RIM getting more and more into the consumer sect, you can no longer say that it is solely a business phone. However its primary purpose is to be a communications device and communicate when needed.
    01-20-11 08:30 AM
    I am with you about the crappy apps. But its not just games. Even the productive apps can be crappy compared to some other phones. (The base apps are very good though).

Many people will give different responses but one thing I've heard from developers is that developing is a pain in the ***. Especially with many different BB models, OS versions, screen sizes, touch vs non touch and more. Supporting and developing is a pain. Apparently its much easier on the other platforms and is very inviting to developers.
    01-20-11 10:08 AM
    I am with you about the crappy apps. But its not just games. Even the productive apps can be crappy compared to some other phones. (The base apps are very good though).

Many people will give different responses but one thing I've heard from developers is that developing is a pain in the ***. Especially with many different BB models, OS versions, screen sizes, touch vs non touch and more. Supporting and developing is a pain. Apparently its much easier on the other platforms and is very inviting to developers.
    I agree. There are quite a few BB's on various networks running various OS's.
    I do wish that we had more apps to choose from.
    01-20-11 06:58 PM
    With RIM getting more and more into the consumer sect, you can no longer say that it is solely a business phone. However its primary purpose is to be a communications device and communicate when needed.
    I agree with that, however Android covers communications very well. Especially with RIM thinking of supporting platforms other than BlackBerry on BES. The Droid Pro is only the beginning into the corporate market, they already have the consumer market...
    01-20-11 07:12 PM
    I told ya! Oops, and I forgot battery life.
    I find it funny that you like to point out the predictability of what people are going to post... as if you're not sounding like a broken record yourself.
    01-20-11 07:16 PM
    Plus there's a certain segment of the BB population that takes a perverse pride in the fact that the BB doesn't have games. Makes them feel good about themselves that they use a "serious" phone.

Whatever.

01-20-11 07:21 PM
    It is because 70 percent of people who use BB dont care about games. I have a XBox 360, PS3 and PC for gaming. I have tried Android and it does have better game selection but at the same time im not a fan of having a device with terrible battery life. Then when you are talking gaming you are talking about your device being dead in 2 hours. No Thanks. I think BB will improve the Appworld and game selection as they bring out devices with better processors and displays. Everyone always says they are "dated" or are behind in technology. Its not that they are behind as much as that they just focus on security,messaging and functionality over WOW factor.
    Well thats right.. Everyone i see that has cool aps in android or iphone has no battery, and the base apps for BB are really good (but i think a pdf reader should come free in the BB).
    I still wouldnt change my BB for an Android

01-20-11 07:23 PM
    Phones don't have real games -- they're really just apps to kill time (and your battery). If I want a real game, I'll fire up a console or gaming pc.

The iPhone is first and foremost an entertainment device (the majority of its app downloads are casual games, books, entertainment). It's always been a toy in my eyes.

BlackBerry has and always will be a productivity device for those want to get things done. It doesn't need games to be successful. All of the utility and productibity apps are already on BB, so RIM isn't worried.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-21-11 06:53 AM
    Phones don't have real games -- they're really just apps to kill time (and your battery). If I want a real game, I'll fire up a console or gaming pc.

The iPhone is first and foremost an entertainment device (the majority of its app downloads are casual games, books, entertainment). It's always been a toy in my eyes.

BlackBerry has and always will be a productivity device for those want to get things done. It doesn't need games to be successful. All of the utility and productibity apps are already on BB, so RIM isn't worried.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    The "real games" argument is silly. Why are phone games not real games? Granted, console and pc games are a more powerful gaming experience, but they don't make a game any less "real". Using that logic, I guess that Nintendo Wii games aren't real because it's not as powerful as a PS3.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-21-11 05:21 PM
    one thing I've heard from developers is that developing is a pain in the ***. Especially with many different BB models, OS versions, screen sizes, touch vs non touch and more. Supporting and developing is a pain.
    If 98% were running a recent OS (and 75% the latest OS) as with Apple, and if all the most recent models had both touch and 3D plus auto-scaling from one display shape & resolution as with Apple, BlackBerry would have a better app scene IMO. But they're still introducing more non-touch models and more non-3D models with a variety of display shapes, which means games especially have to be developed for 2 different input methods and (if 3D) 2 different rendering engines, and multiple screen formats. This drives game developers off the platform.
    Last edited by LSphone; 01-21-11 at 06:46 PM. Reason: brevity
    01-21-11 06:05 PM
    i need an android phone
    01-21-11 07:00 PM
    i need an android phone
    Walking into the Verizon store they've moved the BB's to the corner where the LG's used to be, where it doesn't contrast so much with the advanced stuff on the main display which is almost all Android. Once iPhone gets there too...
    01-21-11 08:09 PM
    HI, im new here but ive had blackberry for like 3 years now and actually have my new bold 9780 and i love it but i dont understand why the apps and games for bb are SO TERRIBLE :S.
    if you see the apps for android or apple and compare them to the ones on bb its like comparing atari with playstation 3!!
    im dont have bb for the apps thats fore sure, i have it because i live in spain and talk to venezuela for free (basicly) every day with bb messener, so i wouldnt change to android but is there a way to have cool apps in bb?
    really the best game i found is a 2d helicopter that can only move up and down inside a cave and has like 4 colors tops -.-
    Without sounding like a smarta$$, why don't you consider getting an iPod Touch where you can load plenty of games and such on just a suggestion.

01-21-11 08:58 PM
    Without sounding like a smarta$$, why don't you consider getting an iPod Touch where you can load plenty of games and such on just a suggestion.

Because i speak every day with another country, send pictures, voice notes and videos with the bb messenger, i said that i wouldnt change my bb for an android and that im very happy with my bold 9780, read what I said before being a smarta$$.
    Im not a fan of phone games, they are very basic and i understand what someone said about not being "real" games.. I just whanted to know why RIM, being so advanced in many things, didnt made apps like the ones for android or ipod.
    Now i get it, i support the idea that bbs arent made to have games

01-21-11 09:19 PM
    Because i speak every day with another country, send pictures, voice notes and videos with the bb messenger, i said that i wouldnt change my bb for an android and that im very happy with my bold 9780, read what I said before being a smarta$$.
    Im not a fan of phone games, they are very basic and i understand what someone said about not being "real" games.. I just whanted to know why RIM, being so advanced in many things, didnt made apps like the ones for android or ipod.
    Now i get it, i support the idea that bbs arent made to have games

Think he meant get an iPod along with your BB, which is what I did, they had iPod Touch 2G's on sale for $99 last year which was worth it to have access to most iPhone apps. It's thin enough to carry along with a BlackBerry IMO.
    01-21-11 10:53 PM

The Touch was Jobs' gift to the BlackBerry owner, and the real secret to the BB battery life. Playing Angry Birds on my Touch keeps my Torch juiced.
    01-21-11 11:18 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD