Lately (and ironically considering there is AppWorld now) new apps are coming out on iPhone and Android first, with BB's having to wait a few months. Why???

Is it harder to develop for BB? More costly? Low market share? Or just not worth the effort?

Even many of Google's web-based apps work better on the iPhone than a Blackberry.

It's a shame.
    10-30-09 10:18 AM
    They are the IN/COOL phones so they take priority.
    10-30-09 10:49 AM
    Stop whining and start developing. Everything you need is readily available

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 10:54 AM
    Stop whining and start developing. Everything you need is readily available

Incorrect.

There's a lot that goes into some apps... far beyond the SDK.
    For example: NBA.com - NBA LEAGUE PASS MOBILE
    10-30-09 11:10 AM
    Didn't you sort of just answer your own question here?
    10-30-09 11:11 AM
    I agree.... The only thing really keeping the iphone alive are the apps. I think it would boost sales of BB if they had good fun apps.

10-30-09 11:31 AM
    Lately (and ironically considering there is AppWorld now) new apps are coming out on iPhone and Android first, with BB's having to wait a few months. Why???

Is it harder to develop for BB? More costly? Low market share? Or just not worth the effort?

Even many of Google's web-based apps work better on the iPhone than a Blackberry.

It's a shame.
    Developing for BB is a real pain. Every time I start a project it ends up taking ridiculously long because of multiple devices and operating systems, then longer from having to fight Java, and then still longer because of how BlackBerry development works. Imagine Microsoft putting out a C++ compiler that can only build apps for Windows 7 but not anything before. Then you have to run an old XP version of Visual C++ to build for XP, but that code can't run on a touchscreen machine running Vista or Windows 7. And you have to build for Vista using the Vista C++ compiler but that doesn't know anything about XP or Windows 7, and can't run on a non-touchscreen machine. It's like developing for 7 different platforms instead of one, all with similar but different features and similar but different operating systems.
    10-30-09 11:47 AM
    I agree.... The only thing really keeping the iphone alive are the apps. I think it would boost sales of BB if they had good fun apps.

To have good fun apps we need C and OpenGL and get rid of this Java crippled class stuff. Java is too slow. Oh, and having a CPU with a divide instruction and an implementation of Java that can raise a number to a power would help on the graphics side, too.
    10-30-09 11:51 AM
    Incorrect.

D A M N!! I am all over this!! Goodbye BB!! It's been real, it's been fun, but I can't say that it's been real fun!
    10-30-09 11:57 AM
    Developing for BB is a real pain. Every time I start a project it ends up taking ridiculously long because of multiple devices and operating systems, then longer from having to fight Java, and then still longer because of how BlackBerry development works. Imagine Microsoft putting out a C++ compiler that can only build apps for Windows 7 but not anything before. Then you have to run an old XP version of Visual C++ to build for XP, but that code can't run on a touchscreen machine running Vista or Windows 7. And you have to build for Vista using the Vista C++ compiler but that doesn't know anything about XP or Windows 7, and can't run on a non-touchscreen machine. It's like developing for 7 different platforms instead of one, all with similar but different features and similar but different operating systems.
    Although I don't do mobile development, I am a software/web developer, so I get what your saying.

Maybe the new Widget SDK will change the game somewhat. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Widget SDK 1.0 Beta 1
    10-31-09 09:36 AM
    Then you have apps like Drivesafe.ly that came out for the BlackBerry first.

There still isn't an iPhone version (since it needs to run in the background).
    10-31-09 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD