Everything you read seems to suggest that Blackberrys still have a dominant market presence. There's more BBs out there than Androids or iPhones. Yet, we get no apps. I'm sure there's a reason for it. Is it simply because it's looked upon as a business platform?
    05-23-10 11:55 AM
    What type of app are you seaching for specifically? There probably is an app available for what you need.
    05-23-10 11:58 AM
    Multitude of reasons really.

1) Blackberries are difficult to design for because of the java script that is used.

2) Apps must be designed and altered to cater to different models of phones that have different variables such as screen resolution/other hardware quirks, operating system, and

3) There is OS6 coming out, so I'm sure developers are starting to turn their attention toward that.

I'm sure there's plenty more, but those would be the most dominate reasons. I think, at least.
    05-23-10 12:05 PM
    there are alot of apps for BB to. One thing that you dont think about is how many apps are just copies or different versions of something.

there are probably 100 different tic-tac-toe or poker games etc, so the numbers of original apps are not near what they advertise.

that being said the google market DOES have a lot more and better pricing most times. But i cant say i have ever not found a BB app that i really wanted. i am sure what you are looking for exists
    05-23-10 12:08 PM
    Sure there are alot of apps out there for BBs but the problem most people myself included are that they're just too damn expensive. I still can't believe how much bb weather is. Not to mention Rims cap at 2.99 lowest price. I think that if they just lowered that to .99 and allowed more development tools so that free stuff could be easier done than apps on the BB would be more enjoyable. I'm at least hoping to see that announced when 6 comes out. Till then I have my ipod.
    05-23-10 01:15 PM
    I suspect the demand for apps is smaller coming from BlackBerry users. A lot of owners I know don't even have a data plan, opting for unlimited messaging and email instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD