This seems weird to me that 3rd party apps is not part of the regular backup. Having to pretend to switch devices, copy off files before you finish then abort really doesn't make sense to me.

RIM why would you make this difficult? Having our 3rd party apps safely backed up will only give us something else to brag about when discussing our phones with others.
    04-23-09 09:15 AM
    ive noticed the same thing. i had some issues with my storm and backed everything up to put on my new one. none of my apps backed up. it was a little time consuming but no biggie.
    04-23-09 11:17 AM
    ya i just had to get my 1st replacement storm and only about half of my apps backed up I lost out on alot of cool free apps that i had . . (the same ones now cost $) im not tryin to be cheap but I had it for free before and now if I want it again i have to pay . . that sucks
    04-23-09 01:00 PM
    same here.

Did you just use "backup" from desktop manager or did you do the "device switch" or whatever it's called.
    04-27-09 04:48 PM
    When I upgraded to the official bell os it backed up my 3rd party apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 04:55 PM
    I've been using DM v4.7 and it backs up my 3rd party apps just fine, unless I'm missing one that I don't remember, lol.
    04-27-09 05:07 PM
    When I upgraded to .132 it automatically did my 3rd party apps (although I always manually do it before I start an OS install, just in case).
    04-27-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD