I am a long time berry user and abuser...Love them all...(minus the 3 storm 2 nightmare). My bold 9700 is the best for productivity etc etc...

I am starting to feel and realize that the app store sucks. Why are they so expensive? Not many choices? Many i have tried caused phone to act up or freeze up etc.

RIM better hurry cause google and iphone are starting to lure me...
    02-04-10 08:07 AM
    couldnt agree more, I just cant stand how difficult its been moving from the 8900 to the 9700 and getting quicklaunch to work properly, there support has been good, but the app store and how it decides to uninstall things and then reinstall and keeping a local cache its driving me nuts. i think i'm going to try and stand on my head this time while i uninstall it
    02-04-10 08:09 AM
    app store was on my 9700 for less than 5 minutes...not for me.
    02-04-10 08:22 AM
    quick question, if you dont have the app store, you happen to know how I can get the latest version of quicklaunch for my 9700?
    02-04-10 08:23 AM
    I think they suck but I really don't know, because I don't live in a supported country LOL
    02-04-10 08:27 AM
    quick question, if you dont have the app store, you happen to know how I can get the latest version of quicklaunch for my 9700?
    I bought my QL through Mobihand/CrackBerry app store so I just upgrade from there. I think you can also send yourself the download link via email from the BB App Store online if you bought it through App World. Not totally sure on that.
    02-04-10 08:27 AM
    Log in to your account from a computer. You should find a message showing the upgrade is available. E-mail the link for download to your phone and install. I have been doing this since very early on. Putting the app on my phone did not work well.
    02-04-10 08:28 AM
    Do you mean the CB App Store? Or BlackBerry App World?
    02-04-10 08:37 AM
    sorry, i mean the bb app world
    02-04-10 08:45 AM
    sorry, i mean the bb app world
    No worries...actually leads to my suggestion of trying the CB App Store - there's an on device option or you can use CB's mobile site.
    02-04-10 08:54 AM
    I like the CB App Store much better than BB App World. I've had issues with BB App World freezing both with my now retired 8310 and my 9700.
    02-04-10 09:07 AM
    I don't like appworld either and wish that we could get the apps at least in more than 1 place, like the authors homepage or something or put it in the crackberry store, i'd buy it then. there are a couple apps i want but refuse to reload appworld.
    02-04-10 11:43 AM
    I don't use app world I love everything about RIM and blackberry but the app world is not as good as it should or can be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 01:29 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more. I had an iPhone for 2 years and I must say the apps were wayyy better. I was fed up with AT&T and switched primarily for that reason. I initially was going to switch to the Droid on Verizon, but did not due to the cost of service. Verizon and AT&T are absolutely RAPING people for the plans on these phones. You have to pay $100+/mo to have minutes, data, and texting. Am I the only one that thinks that's absofreakinglutely ********?

I found out that Tmo had way cheaper plans. I get 500 anytime, unlimited nights/wkends, unlimited data and text, free tethering, UMA calling (doesnt use minutes while on WiFi to make calls, allowing me to keep a lower # of minutes on my plan), and insurance covering loss, damage etc for $65/month.

My BB 9700 may not be the media powerhouse that my iPhone was, but at least I'm not paying an extra $700/yr to do things on my phone that I could do even better on the computer.

Over all it seems as if Verizon/AT&T do have the better phones, but the extra cost for the service is just not worth it to me. The new google phone changes the game a bit though, I may just have to sell this BB 9700 and buy me one of those babies. I think I'll wait a bit to see how it all pans out with the Android OS.
    02-04-10 01:48 PM
    Yep. I'd rather go thru CB or other sites than AppWorld. Also had AW freeze up on my device as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-04-10 02:31 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more. I had an iPhone for 2 years and I must say the apps were wayyy better. I was fed up with AT&T and switched primarily for that reason. I initially was going to switch to the Droid on Verizon, but did not due to the cost of service. Verizon and AT&T are absolutely RAPING people for the plans on these phones. You have to pay $100+/mo to have minutes, data, and texting. Am I the only one that thinks that's absofreakinglutely ********?

I found out that Tmo had way cheaper plans. I get 500 anytime, unlimited nights/wkends, unlimited data and text, free tethering, UMA calling (doesnt use minutes while on WiFi to make calls, allowing me to keep a lower # of minutes on my plan), and insurance covering loss, damage etc for $65/month.

My BB 9700 may not be the media powerhouse that my iPhone was, but at least I'm not paying an extra $700/yr to do things on my phone that I could do even better on the computer.

Over all it seems as if Verizon/AT&T do have the better phones, but the extra cost for the service is just not worth it to me. The new google phone changes the game a bit though, I may just have to sell this BB 9700 and buy me one of those babies. I think I'll wait a bit to see how it all pans out with the Android OS.
    Ya att n t and verizon do rip you off when it comes to cost tmo is cheaper and in my opinion they have great servixe

02-04-10 02:37 PM
    Great insight all..thanks! I hate paying 150 a month to att
    02-04-10 05:22 PM
    $150/mo?!?! holy crap! R Santa at bare minimum I would reach out to AT&T if I were you because I would swear that AT&T/Verizon just restructured their plans to be a bit cheaper....at least closer to the $100/mo mark...still way to high in my opinion but you could save some jing, and after all who doesn't like that?!
    02-04-10 05:26 PM
    I have to use BB app world because its in ��� and CB is in $$$
    02-04-10 06:23 PM
    I have to use BB app world because its in ��� and CB is in $$$
    I use crackberry / mobihand even tho its indollars. it shouldn't make any difference. in fact I think it works out cheaper
    02-04-10 06:39 PM
    I use crackberry / mobihand even tho its indollars. it shouldn't make any difference. in fact I think it works out cheaper
    oh really?
    hmm is it paid thru paypal too?
    02-04-10 06:49 PM
    I do not understand why they can not put an app together to allow BB 9700 owners to download quality apps to the memory card. Seems like a very simple thing to ask for and also a very big seller. Get your **** together app builders and make one for the 9700. Everyone would buy one. There is one floating around out there but it states on the app not suitable for the 9700 and it just parks the app in the memory card until you want to use it then you have to load it into your device memory. Way too many steps for a lousy app.

02-04-10 06:55 PM
    i would agree that the app store is weak. Especially considering the user base for BB's. It's way more then Apple, and Google but they have the weakest app store. Please do something about the pricing also. Apple's app store apps are very reasonably priced imo. Rim's pricing is just ridiculous.
    02-05-10 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD