07-29-09 11:33 PM
53 123
tools
    Which version do you recommend? There are two available.
    Completed build v1.5.47 which can be found in Post# 22
    07-29-09 01:53 PM
    I added link in post 22
    Thanks alot I guess you posted that when I was typing my repsonse lol .. Thats the one i saw good to see it works even though it says it's not compatible with the tour. It won't let you buy it unless you change to bold or 8900 though
    Last edited by Tdubby; 07-29-09 at 01:57 PM.
    07-29-09 01:55 PM
    I love berryweather! I actually won my copy from a cb contest! And also got another one from blackberrycool. But yeah I love it. I don't have the gps on. I just input my zip. I don't notice any battery drain or memory leak. I highly recommend this app. Of course I got mine free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 01:57 PM
    Thanks alot I guess you posted that when I was typing my repsonse lol .. Thats the one i saw good to see it works even though it says it's not compatible with the tour. It won't let you buy it unless you change to bold or 8900 though
    Choosing Bold or 8900..it really doesnt matter.
    There is a bug when it comes to 9630 Berryweather stock radar map..screen size hasnt been adjusted in app for 9630 so use gps custom map ,It looks better giving more detail.
    Accuweather or Wunderground..both look sweet
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-29-09 at 02:08 PM.
    07-29-09 02:04 PM
    Choosing Bold or 8900..it really doesnt matter.
    There is a bug when it comes to 9630 Berryweather stock radar map..screen size hasnt been adjusted in app for 9630 so use custom map ,It looks better giving way more detail.
    Cool thanks. I ordered it just waiting for the email.
    07-29-09 02:08 PM
    is there a instruction manual anywhere, while some of the functions are self explanatory some are not.

what are the common settings?
    07-29-09 02:11 PM
    I run BerryWeather 24/7 with one location that always uses the GPS and one doesn't (obviously). And I update hourly. I notice a difference in the battery, but it's not severe, only slightly more usage. There is no memory usage besides the application itself. My tour maintains a 122-125MB memory all day.

One of the most solid, must-have apps for the the BB. Absolutely recommend and worth every penny.
    07-29-09 02:16 PM
    Cool thanks. I ordered it just waiting for the email.
    No problem,
    If you have any question or issues feel free to use Bellshare forums.
    Great members ,Mods and Privet build beta testers will help you out.
    www.bellshare.com • Index page
    07-29-09 02:16 PM
    No problem,
    If you have any question or issues feel free to use Bellshare forums.
    Great members ,Mods and Privet build beta testers will help you out.
    www.bellshare.com • Index page
    I see you're on Sprint. Mine doesn't seem to want to update via GPS. GPS location is set to on and all that.
    07-29-09 02:45 PM
    I love the application! I have no issues with the updates or a fast battery drain. I recommend this app for everyone!
    07-29-09 02:58 PM
    I see you're on Sprint. Mine doesn't seem to want to update via GPS. GPS location is set to on and all that.
    Go into BerryWeather settings and change "Get Current Location from" to (GPS Only).
    If it still doesn't pull your coordinates do the normal 3rd party app battery pull...It always seems to work
    07-29-09 03:02 PM
    Thanks for your help in this thread Slingbox, this will indeed help others who are interested or purchased BerryWeather...
    07-29-09 03:21 PM
    I love the application! I have no issues with the updates or a fast battery drain. I recommend this app for everyone!
    I'd get it but I live in L.A.

We don't have weather in Los Angeles : )
    07-29-09 03:26 PM
    Go into BerryWeather settings and change "Get Current Location from" to (GPS Only).
    If it still doesn't pull your coordinates do the normal 3rd party app battery pull...It always seems to work
    K i did the battery pull and set to gps only which I had tried previously but didnt pull the battery. It's still saying No Data Available. I might try uninstall/reinstall
    07-29-09 04:00 PM
    Try deleting the application and re-installing it Tdubby...
    07-29-09 04:11 PM
    Try deleting the application and re-installing it Tdubby...
    Yeah Just did that and it still isn't updating. There's two options when you download 4.2x and 4.7. The first time i did the 4.2+ and the second I chose the 4.7. Installed changed to gps only then rebooted.. still won't update via GPS. I have full bars too

I bought the Bold version if that matters
    Last edited by Tdubby; 07-29-09 at 04:24 PM.
    07-29-09 04:22 PM
    When you get the message no data available try clicking on your trackball then it should load I think
    07-29-09 04:24 PM
    When you get the message no data available try clicking on your trackball then it should load I think
    Just says

n/a
    n/a
    n/a
    07-29-09 04:56 PM
    My weather icon doesn't update on the home screen but when I click the BBmenu I see the changes unless I do a reset on my Tour. I personally see a slight difference in battery loss since this is the only application I currently have running but it's a program I truly luv...

any suggestions about the home screen updates?
    07-29-09 05:23 PM
    My weather icon updates on the home screen...
    07-29-09 05:27 PM
    I'm not sure if mine does lol since it doesn't work with GPS. Works if i put in the zip
    07-29-09 05:47 PM
    Let me try the zip code
    07-29-09 05:49 PM
    Let me try the zip code
    Oh i'm not sure about updating with the zip. It does show the temp and stuff on the homescreen with the zip but not sure if it updates cause I set it to 3hrs
    07-29-09 06:04 PM
    I did read the bell share site and they said to install version 4.2.1 for the tour when at the download page and set it to gps only as it won't use the cell location at all. Mine has yet to update using gps. Just says no data and update failed even outside
    07-29-09 06:06 PM
    Update: What wasn't updating on my home screen was the temp badge icon but I just unchecked it in settings since the rollover is updating properly. I got my gps and map set... I'm liking this program! Weather updates are very important to me since I do a lot of road travelling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:25 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD