I'm thinking of purchasing the application and would like to know if anyone is experiencing any issues, like memory drain, battery drain, not updating correctly, etc. Thaks for the input...
    07-29-09 11:10 AM
    I was using it, until I discovered my battery went from 100% to 10% in 14 hours. Mind you, this was with the app using GPS, I'm not sure what the batt usage is without GPS.
    07-29-09 11:14 AM
    I love the app. It shows temp on homescreen icon. And I have mine set to use gps location too so you don't need to enter zipcodes. I don't experience any battery drains at all. I open this app maybe more than 20 times a day. I highly recommend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:17 AM
    Great app, love it. While I don't think it helps battery life, it certainly was way kinder compared to the free WeatherBug. I highly recommend it also +1. I use it with the GPS, the radars are great, as well as the % chance of precipitation. Worth it to me to have this at my fingertips for 10 bucks.
    07-29-09 11:24 AM
    I have this installed on my tour and I couldn't be happier. No battery drain no memoey loss, the only thing that disent work is the background image. If I set a background image and I reset the phone the background image in the app also resets. Not a big deal at all. And I would say get this app its awesome.

07-29-09 11:25 AM
    I was using it, until I discovered my battery went from 100% to 10% in 14 hours. Mind you, this was with the app using GPS, I'm not sure what the batt usage is without GPS.
    I should have detailed that the GPS was on for the 14 hours I was using the app. I suppose you could turn it off, since it's not that important of a feature unless you travel a lot.
    07-29-09 11:28 AM
    I think this is probably the best of the weather apps and I've tried about all of them. I don't notice any memory issues or battery issues so far. Every option I've tried seems to work as intended and I think it's definately worth the 10$ cost. It puts Weatherbug to shame IMHO.
    07-29-09 11:30 AM
    I love it. I had the 3 day trial and bought it as soon as it ended. I'd say try it out and see how you like it but I highly recommend it.
    07-29-09 11:35 AM
    I have used this application on my Curve and now on my Tour. I love it! I don't have any issues related to memory or battery. You can set it to manual to check the weather. Mine is on an hour refresh rate. I have my home area and a couple other ones set and it is not set to GPS. I installed this on my husband's curve without any problems either.
    07-29-09 11:35 AM
    I'm using it on my Tour and love it. I was fortunate enough to win a free copy via a BerryReview giveaway a few weeks ago. Originally, I installed it on my old 8830 but removed it due to already present memory issues I had with that phone. Nonetheless, it works fine on my Tour, with no memory or battery issues; I think it's really all dependent on what settings you have set for this app. I also recommend downloading the trial version (I did this a few weeks before winning it from BR) just to get a feel of the app.
    07-29-09 11:54 AM
    I have been using BBweather (free) for 2 years. I am now trying berryweather on the 9630. So far, I am not seeing battery drain. If there is memory leakage it is very small.

is it worth the 10 bucks for the sexy graphics? I'll be making that decision on day .
    07-29-09 11:57 AM
    Great application worth the $
    07-29-09 12:03 PM
    Weather bug for me and it is free. But hey it might not be for you.

07-29-09 12:06 PM
    Alright, I bought the application and it's installing now, thaks guys for the input. I'll chime in shortly and give my $0.2 on it...
    07-29-09 12:12 PM
    I think this is probably the best of the weather apps and I've tried about all of them. I don't notice any memory issues or battery issues so far. Every option I've tried seems to work as intended and I think it's definately worth the 10$ cost. It puts Weatherbug to shame IMHO.
    My favorite weather website when on a PC is Weather Underground - especially their "wundermap" radar which shows detailed street level info and overlays storm locations with animated radar. Does BerryWeather have similar radar displays? Even though the Tour is a better HTML browser than my old 8830, the non-mobile version of Weather Underground is sooo slow to load and display.
    07-29-09 12:14 PM
    Now my question is, How do you guys have the application set up? What are your settings, I can see the application needs to run all the time, if you exit the application, it's closed out completely.
    07-29-09 12:22 PM
    I just set mine to home so the icon shows the weather and I have it update every hour since I set my primary location to my GPS location so I don't kill my battery. Then i just changed the background on the icon and that's it.
    07-29-09 12:26 PM
    Now my question is, How do you guys have the application set up? What are your settings, I can see the application needs to run all the time, if you exit the application, it's closed out completely.
    No it doesn't close out completely ,it runs in back round updating time interval you set.
    To exit press end key or back out.

Settings,
    Open BerryWeather ,Go into menu and click on "Add Current Location" and GPS will kick in displaying your current location.
    From that point go back into menu and select "settings" and make changes wanted to text size ,widgets displayed etc.
    To add Doppler custom radar maps click link in my signature ,copy weather link then go back into BerryWeather menu and open 'Show Radar Map"
    After radar opens and displays push BB key and it will display "Edit Custom Radar" ,Choose it then past link within.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-29-09 at 12:46 PM.
    07-29-09 12:36 PM
    My favorite weather website when on a PC is Weather Underground - especially their "wundermap" radar which shows detailed street level info and overlays storm locations with animated radar. Does BerryWeather have similar radar displays? Even though the Tour is a better HTML browser than my old 8830, the non-mobile version of Weather Underground is sooo slow to load and display.
    Weather Underground is great. On Berryweather you can set your custom radar image, so I went to wunderground and to my local radar and copied and pasted the animated radar url in the program. works great.

edit: Slingbox beat me too it, and seems to have a better method...which I'm checking out right now!
    07-29-09 12:40 PM
    Is anyone useing an alternative source for the Radar? what other options are out there, i want to hunt a good one down, but where to start?
    07-29-09 12:45 PM
    Where is everyone getting this for the tour?
    07-29-09 12:46 PM
    Where is everyone getting this for the tour?
    Most current build-1.5 is located at Crackberry App Store
    BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-29-09 at 12:50 PM.
    07-29-09 12:47 PM
    Most current build is located at Crackberry Store
    Hmmm i checked there and it says it's not compatible. Been searching on there. I had the default phone to tour but can't find it.. hmm let me double check.. thanks
    07-29-09 12:50 PM
    Which version do you recommend? There are two available.
    07-29-09 12:50 PM
    Hmmm i checked there and it says it's not compatible. Been searching on there. I had the default phone to tour but can't find it.. hmm let me double check.. thanks
    I added link in post 22
    07-29-09 12:51 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD