I'm not sure about ota, or on a mac....I know on a PC you can update the OS without needing the phone activated

I'd guess mac would be the same...and ota wouldn't be possible as it needs access to the carriers download server

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 03:03 PM
    Noooooo. Who's going to look in this thread. The BalckBerry Apps thread link gets less clicks than PreCentral.net.

Anyway, Get my new Bold tmrw so we'll see how it goes. Plan on updating to the newest software via DM for MAC, and then registering and then updating the email setup application. Hopefully it works.
    05-23-11 06:54 PM
    Ok so got my replacment in the mail, uploaded the new OS fron vzw, activated it, updated the email setup application and now rebooting. cross your fingers.
    05-24-11 04:16 PM
    BRICKED AGAIN!

Brand new refurbished. Right out of the box, updated the OS on my MAC, activated, updated the email setup app and now it's stuck on the reboot screen.

Just f*&^()! wondeful
    05-24-11 04:24 PM
    How do u update the email app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-11 02:54 AM
    Just go to Setup ---> Email Setup. But I highly recommend against doing that if everything is working. Too many problems I and other have had. However many have gotten it to work so it's up to you. It's been the biggest headache I've ever had to deal with and it's gone on for a week.
    05-25-11 08:26 AM
    Getting one more replacement sent to me and going to take it to the store so Verizon can update it themselves and see there is a major issue. When it doesn't work again I'm canceling my lines and, going to ATT.
    05-25-11 10:46 AM
    lonestar: that sucks man... i feel your pain!!! just an update... after i thought i successfully updated the email setup app, now when i return to changing account settings on the bb itself, it's prompting me to update the email app!! so i keep saying no, since i don't really need to change anything and am hoping this gets resolved at some point in the future... for now, i guess i'll just change anything through BIS if i need to but hoping i can avoid messing with it altogether... i've lost too much time messing with it hoping it would work properly and now i'm just happy it's kinda working LOL...

anyway, good luck to you brotha, and i hope the 3rd time's a charm!

--Jeff
    05-27-11 03:22 PM
    Ok everyone. It's over. I'm going to explain my story in the shortest way possible.

6 days: 3 Bold 9650s: 2 Curve 9330: And Finally a 4th Bold that now works with the latest OS update and Email setup application update.

It took a brand new device out of the box and had VZW do the OTA OS update and email setup application update for it to work

Anyway, thanks everyone for all your input and help, (also your sympathy haha) really appreciate it.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Thanks again.
    05-28-11 03:15 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD