Hey all i just want info on these 2 apps, they both basically do the same thing . Just want Pro's and Con's and opinions thanks.
    12-28-09 11:08 PM
    45 views and no opinions? come on people which of the 2 do you like better and why.
    12-29-09 12:39 PM
    I personally like Poynt. I tried WHERE and it glitched on me. i like the movie feature on it. it allows you to look up movies by name, location or theatres near you. it shows you movie times and you could also watch the movie trailers. I dont have the GPS option on my phone cause i have a GPS in my car, however if i did have that option on my phone it would make it that much better. try it out. if you dont like it just delete it. hope you enjoy.
    12-29-09 12:54 PM
    I also like Poynt. Once you locate a restaurant, movie, etc, you can call there directly from the menu. It has helped to get me there so many times. I call and have someone "talk me in" LOL
    12-29-09 02:44 PM
    poynt ftw
    I dont think where can keep up with poynt honestly
    12-29-09 02:49 PM
    I agree with everyone above, Poynt is the best. I tried Where once and it just wasn't very good to me, it didn't last long. Poynt does everything I expect it to, and does a great job doing it.
    12-29-09 02:53 PM
    I'm a big fan of POYNT, its very easy to use, fast, and the customer service is unbelieveable. I had a complaint about a listing and emailed them, they responded the very next day with a personal email (not a generic template) and explained the problem and solution. Great app with great people supporting it.
    12-29-09 03:07 PM
    No need for versus. They're both free apps! i have, and use, both. i like Poynt for the movie trailers, restaurant location and business look up.

i use Where for gas prices, restaurant reviews, and events.

Personally, i can't get enough GPS apps. i use them all to compliment each other. That way i'll have tons of POIs available to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 03:10 PM
    I have them both and I use them both. If there was a one or the other option, I'd probably go with Poynt.
    12-29-09 03:49 PM
    Im jumping out there and going with Where....both about the same though no big difference.
    12-29-09 03:53 PM
    Is WHERE still only available in the States?
    12-29-09 04:24 PM
    I have both installed. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I find that I use Where more than Poynt because Where is faster(on my Tour) and Where almost always gets a GPS lock on my location. Poynt defaults to closest cell tower most of the time.
    12-29-09 07:37 PM
    POYNT is awesome, i use it almost everyday.
    12-29-09 09:40 PM
    Hey all i just want info on these 2 apps, they both basically do the same thing . Just want Pro's and Con's and opinions thanks.
    Love Poynt! Although the features are similar to Poynt ... Poynt by far is better to me than Where but thats just my opinion.
    Last edited by Ejhuertas; 12-30-09 at 07:22 AM.
    12-29-09 10:01 PM
    I have both installed. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I find that I use Where more than Poynt because Where is faster(on my Tour) and Where almost always gets a GPS lock on my location. Poynt defaults to closest cell tower most of the time.
    Thats odd, between the time I open Poynt and the time I have entered a search, it has located my GPS location. Thats one of the reasons I like Poynt more.
    12-30-09 09:50 AM
    I was a big fan of poynt but ever since the sprint navigation 2.8 was released it has been able to do everything poynt can. It was a great app though

12-30-09 09:53 AM
    I personally like Point.
    12-30-09 07:55 PM
    Poynt w/o a doubt. I did a search of restaurants near me with both apps. Poynt was spot on, while Where came up with several that had been closed for years.

12-31-09 07:59 AM
    Poynt is a program that i use on the daily. easy interface.
    01-01-10 01:34 AM
    Point has been great. I never tried Where because I never felt the need to try another app, point has done everything I need.

01-01-10 02:22 AM
    I don't use either anymore but if I recall I liked WHERE better because Poynt didn't have gas stations.
    01-01-10 02:26 PM
    Poynt -------------------
    01-01-10 05:25 PM
    I don't use either anymore but if I recall I liked WHERE better because Poynt didn't have gas stations.
    check the latest poynt (beta) - its got it
    01-01-10 05:31 PM
    There's no doubt that Poynt is a much better design than Where and I have beeing Poynt all the time untile I downloaded Life In Pocket a month ago.

The locall search and UI is slighly better than Poynt with more features but what most important to me is it has voice GPS navigation to take you there by single click and it's free too.
    hmm if I recall LifeInPocket takes about 20 clicks to get the voice navigation started. It's clunkier than ****, IMHO.
    01-01-10 09:39 PM
    The UI is very intuitive, one click to nav.
    Actually, you're totally wrong on two points. First, let's suppose I want the nearest chinese restaurant.

click GPS > scroll to "nearby restaurants" > "enter restaurant type: > TYPE IN the word Chinese > Menu button > Save > click on "chinese" > wait for "scanning satellites," scroll down to restaurant I want > Scroll down to "take me there" > wait for "scanning satellites" again > Accept User agreement > *Done*

Hardly, HARDLY "one click."

Now, if I want to type in a friend's address to get Nav help there:

Click NAV > click "Enter Address" > Type in Address > Type in City > Type in State > Menu Button > "Use Once" (If I want to put it in an address book there's like 3 more steps) > Menu Button > Continue > Take Me There > Wait for "scanning satellites > Accept user agreement > *DONE*

Again, HARDLY "one click."
    01-02-10 03:33 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD