ok, I have downloaded a few apps already (twitterberry, google maps, etc.) and I don't see them anywhere. I even looked in the apps folder. All downloads said that they were successful. What else do I have to do after I download an app??

Thanks,
    Kim
    09-06-09 12:06 PM
    NEVERMIND...just saw the DOWNLOADS folder
    09-06-09 12:08 PM
    check your downloads folder?
    09-06-09 12:08 PM
    Glad that you found them have fun up with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 12:13 PM
    Where do the downloaded installation files go? I'm not sure where or if there is a file explorer on the BB. I want to make sure any downloaded files go to my storage card, and not the device.
    09-20-09 02:41 PM
    Where do the downloaded installation files go? I'm not sure where or if there is a file explorer on the BB. I want to make sure any downloaded files go to my storage card, and not the device.
    all downloads you do as far as apps get stored under the downloads folder and stored to the device itself. You do not need to worry about running out of memory with the Tour, the Tour has way more then enough memory for anything you need.

if by chance you do want to store the apps on a memory card, you need to download an app for that, but I dont tihnk you would be able to run the apps though right from the memory card though....

just leave them on your phone, the Tour can handle it, trust me
    09-20-09 03:07 PM
    I don't use the factory theme, so my download folder is never used anymore. I see my apps tend to show up on my home screen.
    09-20-09 03:21 PM
    I was specifically talking about the installation files. Are those stored anywhere, can you move them around, or back them up for future use? Thanks.
    09-20-09 05:42 PM
    As SoCali noted, downloaded apps do not necessarily go into the Download folder. From what I've read, it depends on the theme used and if the theme-programmer deleted that folder when the saved/created the theme.

The way to backup apps is to use Desktop Manager to backup the device. Also, you can manually backup what are the "programs/apps" COD files using something like BBSAK. And be on notice, some apps have multiple cod files as part of the app.
    09-20-09 10:10 PM
    NEVERMIND...just saw the DOWNLOADS folder
    HAHA I was just going to ask the same question and then saw your reply.
    03-05-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD