Where are the mobipocket applications gone???
    On the site NOTHING is left for download, just a sad information
    "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Does anyone have the zip with the alx files? Just wiped and restored my bold and I'm left without the reader
    06-22-12 11:43 AM
    Me too! Where can I get this?
    06-24-12 12:39 AM
    Windows / Windows Mobile / PalmOS / Symbian / Blackberry - Manual Install
    It's on their website......

(I hope this is the right MobiPocket, I assume it is)
    06-24-12 12:45 AM
    Windows / Windows Mobile / PalmOS / Symbian / Blackberry - Manual Install
    It's on their website......

(I hope this is the right MobiPocket, I assume it is)

It is the right MobiPocket, but just try to click on ANY of the links to the install files!
    The company doesn't even have an email, and their forums are only collecting spam in the last two years...

Does anybody who has it installed have the cod's to share?

Or the windows' exe?
    06-24-12 03:57 AM
    Download Blackberry Reader

I used the storm/9500 ver

Edit: Oh, you're right they changed it... Must be recent as i dl'd it just after i got my 9900 (about 1 month ago).
    PM me and I'll sort you the COD files if you like. Got work today so it'll be later or AM tmrw (UK time).

Edit2: Why don't you just use the Kindle app??
    Last edited by DD1968; 06-25-12 at 12:43 AM.
    Matr00 likes this.
    06-25-12 12:07 AM
    Hi,

Can the Kindle App use ebooks that I already have a copy of?
    06-29-12 12:27 PM
    Hi,

Can the Kindle App use ebooks that I already have a copy of?
    Yes, mine go in SD card > Kindle > ebooks dir (guess they need to be boughjt through kindle or be DRM free.
    Got yor PM, been working. I can try to extract the COD files from my 9900 but at the weekend if you still want, but dunno if it'll work with your Curve..?? Might be easier (for both of us) if you try out the kindle app first??

06-29-12 02:35 PM
    To reply about Kindle:
    I don't use it (I use it now since I have no other choice) because if you don't own a Kindle (and I don't and at least now I am not interested in another device) you cannot sync anything between devices.
    I used to convert longer documents into .mobi files in mobipocket desktop and then read them on the bb or on the pc, and any bookmark or note would be synced between the two.
    On the Kindle this (the sync) is possible only if you have the Kindle email address (obviously only if you own a Kindle). You also still need a dekstop app to convert your documents (and now mobipocket's exe links are dead, ouch!).
    Also, the layout for reading is much more configurable on mobipocket (no night reading mode? come on!)

To reply to Idolkosikalbo: yes you can use the Kindle App to read ebooks you already have, just copy the files into the kindle/ebooks folder in your sd card. You need to activate a Kindle account to be able to use the app.

And thanks for the offer for the cods, DD1968!

EDIT: the cod versions are for the bold/curve and for the storm (touchscreen) that worked perfectly at least on my 9700, so any version you have should be good
    Last edited by Matr00; 06-29-12 at 02:41 PM.
    06-29-12 02:36 PM
    Thanks sir.

Does this mean that I have to be online, or at least using BBS? I currently have a plan that makes me use only BlackBerry Messenger. Could I still use the Kindle app (after getting a Kindle account of course) even if my BBS is extremely limited?
    06-29-12 03:22 PM
    And thanks for the offer for the cods, DD1968!

EDIT: the cod versions are for the bold/curve and for the storm (touchscreen) that worked perfectly at least on my 9700, so any version you have should be good
    No worries, i have the storm/touchscreen ver on my 9900. I'll save the cods using bbsak over the weekend and stick them on dropbox, post the link here... Unless you'd pref a JAD format??

I might just have the desktop exe of mobipocket too (I'm lazy and it MIGHT be sitting on my desktop somewhere).
    Will let you know...
    06-29-12 05:28 PM
    Yes, mine go in SD card > Kindle > ebooks dir (guess they need to be boughjt through kindle or be DRM free.
    Got yor PM, been working. I can try to extract the COD files from my 9900 but at the weekend if you still want, but dunno if it'll work with your Curve..?? Might be easier (for both of us) if you try out the kindle app first??

Thanks sir, I'll try the Kindle App first
    06-29-12 11:37 PM
    No worries, i have the storm/touchscreen ver on my 9900. I'll save the cods using bbsak over the weekend and stick them on dropbox, post the link here... Unless you'd pref a JAD format??

I might just have the desktop exe of mobipocket too (I'm lazy and it MIGHT be sitting on my desktop somewhere).
    Will let you know...
    I'm ok with the cod's. Please share
    07-03-12 04:26 AM
    Hey, sorry been overwhelmed with work. Will try to get it done the next day or two... Checked and don't have the original install .exe that I downloaded for the PC ver - it is installed on my PC.. I'll get you the cod's next couple of days promise.
    krustyjt likes this.
    07-03-12 05:05 AM

Will let you know...
    I'm also looking for the mobipocket links I have Kindle for my bb9900, but I don't really like it. I have to bookmark or press sync to furthest location, it's not automatic unlike the mobi I had on my curve. I can't customize it, only the text size which is a bit annoying, and also all the double "L" words appear as single "L" (I don't know why is it like that, it's fine on my PC)

Will wait for your links too, thanks DD1968! But first I need to know how to install cod files
    07-03-12 10:15 PM
    But first I need to know how to install cod files
    Install bbsak BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife connect your phone, go to modify cod and then install cod.
    choconoodle likes this.
    07-04-12 02:09 AM
    ver 4.2.0 cod:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44695468/mobireader.cod

mobireader alx:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44695468/mobireader.alx

Sorry for the delay... major computer probs, ended up with a new one
    These are files i had on my old HDD that i found when I was backing stuff up, I think an older ver... I will get round to grabbing the touch screen ver with BBSAK from my 9900 soon now I'm up and running again.
    07-15-12 01:21 PM
    ver 4.2.0 cod:

mobireader alx:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44695468/mobireader.alx

Sorry for the delay... major computer probs, ended up with a new one
    These are files i had on my old HDD that i found when I was backing stuff up, I think an older ver... I will get round to grabbing the touch screen ver with BBSAK from my 9900 soon now I'm up and running again.

Hi, Pls can you upload the touchscreen version, I can't seem to navigate with this version. Many thanks in advance
    07-17-12 03:16 AM
    I had to replace my 8300 with another 8300. I did a transfer and the mobi app doesn't work. I removed it from the phone and tried to reinstall. I don't have data on this phone. Does anyone have instructions (step by step) on what I need to do to get this back. I can't read my books anymore. Thanks.
    07-18-12 10:42 PM
    DD1968, thanks a lot!!

After a search on an older drive, I found two zips:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23566883/ro...Blackberry.zip

with older versions 4.2 and 3.7 (maybe this could work for jf442 ), didn't try to install.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23566883/ro...bbresource.zip

the 5.1 desktop version, didn't try to install it since I still have the 6.2.

If anybody has a newer desktop version installer available...
    Last edited by Matr00; 07-19-12 at 09:39 AM.
    07-19-12 09:36 AM
    No worries... I'll grab the touch ver tonight and post it later...
    07-19-12 02:02 PM
    ok here you go 9500/touch ver (has worked on my 9800 & 9900 without issue)...
    ver 6.0.0.080:

Edit: the link I posted to 4.2 ver now points to this instead, anyone want's that ver best grab Matr00's zip file.
    07-19-12 03:38 PM
    Thanks DD1968 your alx link aboce did work and I now have mobipocket again on my BB9800.

given what seems to be a limited future for mobipocket I think I will now move to Kindle as it will allow me to view side loaded mobi files. BTW, my understanding is the Amazon quietly bought Mobipocket years ago and that is the basis of the Kinkdle software, hence the mobi file compatibility.

See the attached link

How to Get Amazon Kindle Working on BlackBerry OS 7 & 7.1 Devices - BerryReview
    08-12-12 06:54 AM
    ok here you go 9500/touch ver (has worked on my 9800 & 9900 without issue)...
    ver 6.0.0.080:

Edit: the link I posted to 4.2 ver now points to this instead, anyone want's that ver best grab Matr00's zip file.
    Thank you so much...
    This post saved the day since I pass all day long searching a valid link to this software. It was the only that worked for me.

Thanks a lot.
    08-25-12 05:48 PM
    So, I ended up with a corrupt file and have to reload mobipocket, but can't use mobipocket's old website to redownload the reader. I grabbed the .cod file from your link, but...uh...what do I do with it? It's not an executable file. How do I get my reader going again with this file?
    10-08-12 11:10 PM
    So, I ended up with a corrupt file and have to reload mobipocket, but can't use mobipocket's old website to redownload the reader. I grabbed the .cod file from your link, but...uh...what do I do with it? It's not an executable file. How do I get my reader going again with this file?
    Download BBSAK, go into Modify CODs, and then Install COD(s).

Think of .cod as the executable file for your BlackBerry.
    10-08-12 11:21 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD