I heard there is somewhere that i can get tetherberry for free. Anyone know where i can get it free?
    08-14-09 07:33 AM
    Tetherberry is not free, but you can get it at Tether BlackBerry | BlackBerry Modem | TetherBerry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 07:37 AM
    Highly unlikely that you will find Tetherberry for free, since the regular price is $49.95. There have been half price sales from time to time.
    08-14-09 07:38 AM
    alright thanks. where would be the best place to look for it for half price? Dont really know if its worth 50 bucks to me lol. also do i have to wait to get a cd or is it files that i download to the laptop and phone?
    08-14-09 07:40 AM
    Once you purchase it, you just download the files to your pc and on your phone. I am not sure where you can find it cheaper. May want to look in the crackberry app store. I think they was running a special on it last month. But that may be over. Either way, I think it is definitely worth the money. Just make sure not to abuse it. Depending on your carrier it may be against the TOS. I have VZW, and have used tetherberry for about 6 months and have been fine. But I just use it when I have to beats the heck out of paying the 30$ monthly tether charge

08-14-09 07:48 AM
    well me and my wife have sprint. i just ordered her another 8330 yesterday, she starts back to school this monday and i was thinking this would be a great program for her to use at school. the college here has really sucky hot spots, and there is no wireless signal in most classes
    08-14-09 08:01 AM
    I believe Sprint has unlimited data, so there's no worry about extra charges.
    08-14-09 08:06 AM
    yea i have the unlimited everything plan. so would i even need tetherberry then?
    08-14-09 08:12 AM
    yea i have the unlimited everything plan. so would i even need tetherberry then?
    no, but you may need help with Sprint's brutally painful tech support to help set it up.
    08-14-09 08:19 AM
    lol i hear you there
    08-14-09 08:21 AM
    Just talked to sprint and they told me i would need to pay another 15 a month to use it as my modem. the tetherberry would get me around this?
    08-14-09 08:33 AM
    I have Sprint & I downloaded their FREE SprintView software. There are many conflicting reports over if Sprint charges more on top of their Everything Data plan...some reps have said no tether charges, others say yes...but if you don't crazy using your BB as a full time modem & don't go over the 5gb cap then I would say you are good to go.

08-14-09 08:42 AM
    Just talked to sprint and they told me i would need to pay another 15 a month to use it as my modem. the tetherberry would get me around this?
    I justed ended a chat session with Sprint about tethering on the simply everything data plan. The CSR stated the phone as modem plans were not compatible with the simply everything data plans; however, Sprint would not charge data usage to use a 3rd party app like TetherBerry since these plans include unlimited data. I saved the chat session as a pdf in the event I ever need a "get out of jail free" card. You may want to do the same.
    08-14-09 09:41 AM
    nice to know. but what exactly does tetherberry do? it isnt a data plan is it? it just shanges some setting so they dont know?
    08-14-09 10:00 AM
    nice to know. but what exactly does tetherberry do? it isnt a data plan is it? it just shanges some setting so they dont know?
    I'm not a technical expert, but I believe it acts as an network "gateway" from your phone to your computer like a network or internet card.

Experts - Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.
    08-14-09 10:09 AM
    well i found a link that does tethering as a dial-up network. would post the link to see if anyone else has ever done it but im not to 10 post yet! lol
    08-14-09 10:14 AM
    well i found a link that does tethering as a dial-up network. would post the link to see if anyone else has ever done it but im not to 10 post yet! lol
    You could go that route. Personally I almost ripped my hair out when I used dial up after having broadband for years. I just couldn't deal with the snail speed. Maybe it'll work out better for you. Good luck.
    08-14-09 10:24 AM
    unlimited everything plan does no cover phone as modem. sprint would offer you an air card and also another contract for the service. up until very recently, sprint was very lax on the phone as modem usage, which was easily done with smartview. that is not the case anymore. you will get a 678 error. I found out the hard way, when i needed internet access, and then boom 678...well i immediately took my laptop where i could get a connection and immediately downloaded tetherberry on the netbook and the blackberry. the best $50 i ever spent. beats paying for an aircard (which run about $50 and up)and a two year contract.
    10-16-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD