FREE trial of Full version of VQ CarFinder, the only car locating smartphone application that AUTOMATICALLY remembers where you parked, is now available on BlackBerry App World and CrackBerry.

check out 4carfinder.com site for more details
    07-23-09 05:06 PM
    How, exactly, does it do this? Care to share any details?
    07-23-09 05:52 PM
    More details on the site How VQ CarFinder Works - BlackBerry GPS App.

Sounds pretty good.
    07-23-09 07:03 PM
    I would imagine you take a GPS "snapshot" when you park, then when you need to find your car, you use GPS to get your current location, and lead you to your car.
    07-23-09 07:05 PM
    That's cool but I think hitting the alarm button on the remote of ur car is cheaper and a better use of time...
    07-23-09 07:09 PM
    That's cool but I think hitting the alarm button on the remote of ur car is cheaper and a better use of time...
    But not as a cool...and more obnoxious to the people around you. This is why when people hear car alarms they don't do anything more. We've become desensitized to it cause people use for other purposes.
    07-23-09 07:12 PM
    Not clicking on suspicious links at work, thanks. I did, however, go look at it in the Crackberry store almost immediately after posting my previous comment.

Neat idea, not keen on the hardware-specific requirement. Don't have BT in my car.
    07-24-09 02:49 PM
    But not as a cool...and more obnoxious to the people around you. This is why when people hear car alarms they don't do anything more. We've become desensitized to it cause people use for other purposes.
    This is so weird, I was JUST thinking about this two weeks ago when a car alarm went off around me in a large parking lot, and almost no one around me (including myself) even cared...we just went about our merry ways/conversations.

Because of the reason you listed, and also probably because so many alarms go off by accident nowadays, when someone accidentally touches your car or something.
    07-24-09 10:48 PM
    How VQ CarFinder Works - BlackBerry GPS App

This is super neat, but also it will most likely drain your bb's battery like nobodies business. You have to keep your bluetooth on the whole time you drive anywhere (you might as well just keep it on all the time, 24/7, unless you're going to remember to turn it on when you get in your car), as it relies on bluetooth to track your car when you turn the car on - then when you turn the car off, it stops and saves whatever location you were last at with your car.

Really, really neat. But unless you have the bb plugged into a car charger the entire drive too, I'm not so sure I'd use it, unless I wanted a 50% battery by the time I was done driving lol.
    07-24-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD