Not sure if this has already been established, but WHERE has been updated to version 1.3.5.4

It's currently featured in BB App World. Hop on over an upgrade.
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 08-03-09 at 10:03 AM.
    07-24-09 09:42 AM
    Wow thanks for the headsup! I was still stuck at 1.3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 10:01 AM
    Where is a great app. I use it all the time. Thanks for the upgrade info.
    07-24-09 10:05 AM
    No prob guys...I love the app myself. One of those apps that you dont use everyday, but its great to have on-hand whenever you need it.
    07-24-09 10:08 AM
    Wow the new upgrade is so much faster. It locates you via gps in about 1/4 the time it used to take. Very nice.
    07-24-09 10:10 AM
    Wow the new upgrade is so much faster. It locates you via gps in about 1/4 the time it used to take. Very nice.
    I agree! My location was found at the snap of a finger.
    07-24-09 10:14 AM
    Anyone have a direct link to the jad?

My Appworld doesn't want me to have where lol.
    It just hangs during download and i have to do a pull to
    get it back to normal.

thanks in advance!
    07-24-09 11:34 AM
    Thanks for the heads up shaydakiss23.

@psychre try this link maybe

http://www.where.com/download/blackb...e_9500_1_0.jad
    07-24-09 12:01 PM
    nevermind i dont think its the right version
    07-24-09 12:02 PM
    Anyone have a direct link to the jad?

My Appworld doesn't want me to have where lol.
    It just hangs during download and i have to do a pull to
    get it back to normal.

thanks in advance!
    hmmm. I had an issue the first time I tried to download the update earlier. The download failed and WHERE was deleted from my phone completely. Then I went back and tried a second time and it downloaded just fine.

Maybe try deleting WHERE then downloading it, or check and see if the updated version is in the Crackberry App Store.
    07-24-09 12:04 PM
    hey yea, it deleted from my phone too. trying attempt number 2 via app world

UPDATE: Ok, success. so what exactly changed? lol
    Last edited by angels728; 07-24-09 at 12:24 PM.
    07-24-09 12:17 PM
    I didnt even notice myself, but found out via twitter that the new update is FINALLY compatible with Google Maps! I checked myself, and sure enough it works. Don't know about anybody else, but this was all I was waiting for in order to get rid of Blackberry Maps and save myself some app memory.

Hope this news is as useful to others as it is to me!
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 08-03-09 at 10:16 AM.
    08-03-09 10:06 AM
    Moved to 3rd Party Apps
    08-03-09 10:08 AM
    I downloaded WHERE last week but within 2 days I removed it because of battery drain.

Anyone else have this issue?
    08-03-09 10:13 AM
    does anyone have the ota link?
    I can't download app world but would really like the app
    different version available on where website
    thanks in advance
    08-03-09 11:33 AM
    how do you get it to run off of google maps? cause i uninstalled by bbmaps and would prefer not to reinstall them, I had Where at one point but just couldnt stand bbmaps so it went along with it
    08-03-09 06:28 PM
    I just downloaded it from app world and it does not work with google maps unless i missed something it is getting redeleted!
    08-03-09 06:34 PM
    when I installed it and used it to find a business and than hit menu and selected map place it gave me the option of setting default to use BB maps or Google maps...
    08-03-09 08:40 PM
    when I installed it and used it to find a business and than hit menu and selected map place it gave me the option of setting default to use BB maps or Google maps...
    Yea thats exactly what I was about to say. Search gas prices or somethin, then pick a place and choose the option to map it. They'll ask you if you would like to use BB Maps or Google maps and whichever you choose will be ur default.
    08-04-09 09:26 AM
    When can we change the icons?
    08-04-09 10:06 AM
    I downloaded WHERE last week but within 2 days I removed it because of battery drain.

Anyone else have this issue?
    If you leave it running in the background you would notice a battery drain because it is using GPS to update your position. If you close the app when you are done using it you should be fine. I have not noticed any drain at all. Since updating to .151 I think my battery life actually got better.
    08-04-09 11:17 AM
    I was wondering if Where has been updated for the Blackberry Storm so that we may have the capabilities of loading and unloading widgets, and also if it has been made compatible with Google maps as that is the preferred mapping application I use?

Forward

|
    support(where)
    to me

show details 12:33 AM (9 hours ago)

Follow up message

Eric,

Unfortunately, at this point, neither of the options you mentioned have been added to Where for the Storm. In addition, I'm not aware of any future plans to make widget management or Google Maps support available to Where users on the Blackberry Storm.

Thank you,
    Kyle
    uLocate Technical Support

Got this response after I asked about google maps and wigdet support. Where still has no love for the storm, too bad cause it would be a good application
    08-04-09 11:43 AM
    I was wondering if Where has been updated for the Blackberry Storm so that we may have the capabilities of loading and unloading widgets, and also if it has been made compatible with Google maps as that is the preferred mapping application I use?

Forward

|
    support(where)
    to me

show details 12:33 AM (9 hours ago)

Follow up message

Eric,

Unfortunately, at this point, neither of the options you mentioned have been added to Where for the Storm. In addition, I'm not aware of any future plans to make widget management or Google Maps support available to Where users on the Blackberry Storm.

Thank you,
    Kyle
    uLocate Technical Support

Got this response after I asked about google maps and wigdet support. Where still has no love for the storm, too bad cause it would be a good application
    Tha h3ll are you talkin bout. lol. WHERE has plenty of love for the Storm. I've had it on my device since January...running very well at that. And as far as Google Maps compatibility...its very much compatible now. I just deleted BB Maps off of my phone because I now have my WHERE app connected with Google Maps instead.

Bit of advice...ppl here in the forums typically know more than the ppl getting paid to answer questions for these companies. It's sad, but true. Download WHERE and follow the steps I mentioned in my previous post and you'll be blessed with Google Maps compatibility (and never email that misinformed person again, lol.)
    08-04-09 02:29 PM
    Tha h3ll are you talkin bout. lol. WHERE has plenty of love for the Storm. I've had it on my device since January...running very well at that. And as far as Google Maps compatibility...its very much compatible now. I just deleted BB Maps off of my phone because I now have my WHERE app connected with Google Maps instead.

Bit of advice...ppl here in the forums typically know more than the ppl getting paid to answer questions for these companies. It's sad, but true. Download WHERE and follow the steps I mentioned in my previous post and you'll be blessed with Google Maps compatibility (and never email that misinformed person again, lol.)
    Ok I stand corrected it appears that googlemaps does work now is it as accurate at bbmaps was with the gps locator? cause I remember it telling me the exact street I was on and everything. Hopefully soon they will allow storm users to add and remove the widgets like the rest of bb owners.

Again All hail shaydakiss for being right.
    08-05-09 01:20 PM
    Can someone please help me find Where on BB apps on my Storm? I have the 1.3 version that I got from Crackberry. I've registered that version with Where but now would like the newest version so I can get rid of BB Maps and go back to Google maps. I've looked in the Top Free, Top $ and did a search in BB apps but can't find Where at all..........Help!

Cindi
    08-05-09 02:17 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD