Has anyone been able to find the download for "WHERE" for the 9630? If I search on the free downloads section here with Tour or Curve (or anything other than Storm) selected, nothing is found.

I contacted their tech support and am still waiting for a response, it's been 5 days.
    08-05-09 10:57 AM
    It's in the app world.
    08-05-09 10:57 AM
    It's in the app world.
    No it's not.
    08-05-09 11:00 AM
    It's in the app world, I have it on my tour.
    08-05-09 11:04 AM
    No it's not.
    Yes it is.
    08-05-09 11:05 AM
    Yes it is.
    Sorry, ava, it's not there. I've searched on three different phones - a Storm, a Curve 8900 and a Tour. Not there. I'm in Canada, maybe that's the issue? I would think the App World is the App World, not country-specific. If it is not available here, then that sucks.
    08-05-09 11:08 AM
    Sorry, ava, it's not there. I've searched on three different phones - a Storm, a Curve 8900 and a Tour. Not there. I'm in Canada, maybe that's the issue? I would think the App World is the App World, not country-specific. If it is not available here, then that sucks.
    I tried looking for it, too, and couldn't find it.
    08-05-09 11:23 AM
    I tried looking for it, too, and couldn't find it.
    I see you're also in Canada, Mezz. Maybe we're yet once more not getting access to something that we should.
    08-05-09 11:25 AM
    I downloaded it from AppWorld it is listed under Maps & Navigation then Local Search, It is also listed under the most popular Free apps.
    08-05-09 12:09 PM
    Might be a Canadian thing, since I downloaded it from App World as well.

(US Tour on VZW)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:54 PM
    Yes, I noticed that App World went country-specific about a month ago. I had the same yes-it-is / no-it-isn't argument with some over YouMail.

08-05-09 01:05 PM
    Yes, I noticed that App World went country-specific about a month ago. I had the same yes-it-is / no-it-isn't argument with some over YouMail.

That's correct, YouMail is also not available for Canadian carriers, it says that on their website when you try to have an SMS link sent to your non-US carrier phone.
    08-05-09 01:56 PM
    I downloaded it from AppWorld it is listed under Maps & Navigation then Local Search, It is also listed under the most popular Free apps.
    Thanks for the info but it's not there in the Canadian App World. Sucks big time.
    08-05-09 01:58 PM
    try it here: from device

Buddy Beacon
    Last edited by ToNeBerry24; 08-05-09 at 03:19 PM.
    08-05-09 03:14 PM
    try it here: from device

Buddy Beacon
    Thanks but that's where I've been going from the start. All it does is send a text message to my Tour with a link to m.where.com, and when I try to enter/set my location to Toronto, Canada, all that comes up is a list of cities, all in the US. I'm waiting for an answer from Where tech support on this one, as they say it's supported in Canada.
    08-05-09 03:33 PM
    Thanks but that's where I've been going from the start. All it does is send a text message to my Tour with a link to m.where.com, and when I try to enter/set my location to Toronto, Canada, all that comes up is a list of cities, all in the US. I'm waiting for an answer from Where tech support on this one, as they say it's supported in Canada.
    Hey Andy, one idea...
    Out of curiousity, would you try from one of your other devices in case it's a failure to do with the new Tour. (as I've experienced with 3 other Apps so far: Wallet, Personal Assistant, and Canadian YellowPages App)
    08-05-09 08:25 PM
    Hey Andy, one idea...
    Out of curiousity, would you try from one of your other devices in case it's a failure to do with the new Tour. (as I've experienced with 3 other Apps so far: Wallet, Personal Assistant, and Canadian YellowPages App)
    Hi elite,
    It works great on my Storm (Bell). Like I've posted already, App World does not find any "WHERE" app (on any device), and if I go to the where.com website and have the link sent to my Tour via SMS, all I get is the link to m.where.com, all over again. The folks in Where tech support state it is supported on the Tour - I think it's just not available in Canada, though.

Let me know.
    08-05-09 08:39 PM
    OK, elite, I called Telus tech support, as they're usually very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to BlackBerry support. The woman I spoke to said she wasn't sure if there were differences in App World between US & Canada, so she gave me the 800# to RIM App World support (PM me for the # if you want it).

I spoke with RIM and the woman did confirm to me that there are some apps in the US that will not appear/be available in the Canadian App World version, and in addition, it can be carrier-specific. So Telus may have something in its App World selections that Bell/Rogers do not, and vice versa. As for phone-specific differences, she mentioned that those can exist, but they're usually Storm-related (due to touch screen), but there can be apps that are not available on one model but are for another.

So, I guess we're stuck. PM me if you have any questions on this.

Cheers
    08-05-09 08:59 PM
    Why don't you start with uLocate Communications | Home.
    08-06-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD