I never got email that fast before I upgraded my Pearl to .160 but after the upgrade I just don't get email anymore. I have my MSN address setup correctly on the phone and went through the setup again just to make sure everything was right.

Facebook as well seems to just not get much either.

Are there any settings I can check quick to make sure the upgrade didn't change something back to default?
    06-15-09 05:01 PM
    Try resending your Service Books. Got to your carriers BIS site, log in, click on Service Books, and then Send (or Resend) Service Books. I think for Alltel it's BlackBerry Internet Service
    06-15-09 06:50 PM
    You should be able to resend service books from your berry. Go to options/advanced options/host routing table. Hit the blackberry buttn and select register. Also try a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 07:45 PM
    You should be able to resend service books from your berry. Go to options/advanced options/host routing table. Hit the blackberry buttn and select register. Also try a battery pull.

Already did that. Internet works on the device as well as Facebook. The problem is getting Facebook notifications and emails from my Hotmail address.

Mathiias: I'll try that soon.
    06-15-09 08:34 PM
    Try resending your Service Books. Got to your carriers BIS site, log in, click on Service Books, and then Send (or Resend) Service Books. I think for Alltel it's BlackBerry Internet Service
    If I go to create a new account there, I can't create a new one because it says one already exists for my device. If I go to forget my password, it sends a message to my BB that a user name and password don't exist. "Please use your device to access BB Internet Service.
    06-15-09 08:37 PM
    i have tried all of the above and i am still not getting facbook notifications, it is driving me crazy lol, anyone know anything else i can do??????? pleeeeeeaaase help!!, thanks
    06-15-09 08:54 PM
    i have tried all of the above and i am still not getting facbook notifications, it is driving me crazy lol, anyone know anything else i can do??????? pleeeeeeaaase help!!, thanks
    Sorry but this is my thread, please create another to separate our issues.
    06-15-09 09:48 PM
    It is possible to help two people in the same thread.
    06-15-09 09:52 PM
    It is possible to help two people in the same thread.
    Considering he has one post and sounds like he is a couple steps behind me, it wouldn't make sense to troubleshoot him and I both especially when he could have tried what was posted above for me (and didn't work).
    06-15-09 09:54 PM
    Log onto Facebook via your desktop computer/laptop, go to account settings, notifications, make sure the notifications are check on, then save. Also your email address on facebook needs to match your BB email.
    06-15-09 09:59 PM
    i have the same thing happening. When i get a notification it shows up on the fb app but not as a email on the bb. However once i access my email acc from the web the fb alerts show up unread.
    06-16-09 02:59 AM
    Wow..........
    06-16-09 07:44 AM
    Wow..........
    I spend a lot of time on forums and I'm used to people like this. So I'm sorry you can't see it from my point of view. You can't imagine how annoying it is when you are having serious problems with your phone to have somebody posting all over your thread when he hasn't even tried the basics (available in stickies or if you just use the search function) to fix his issue.

Going through the Email setup (like I always had) but I created a username (which it said I couldn't online) and then entering my email and pass like I had already done 10+ times worked.

Thanks guys
    06-16-09 10:42 AM
    Now I just need to figure out how to get my facebook notifications back. Probably have to downgrade to 1.5.
    06-16-09 12:35 PM
    If I go to create a new account there, I can't create a new one because it says one already exists for my device. If I go to forget my password, it sends a message to my BB that a user name and password don't exist. "Please use your device to access BB Internet Service.
    I just experienced this yesterday. You'll have to call Alltel and have them reset your password for the BIS site. I don't know if this will solve your fb email issue, but there is one useful function of the full BIS site that is absent from the on-device email setup: email filters. They are easy to setup and they work well to restrict what's allowed to reach your BB.

As another said, recheck your notification settings on fb first. Good luck!

06-18-09 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD